• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lavish Pepper Garden 2008/2009

Hi, I'm new here at thehotpepper.com. I just want to share with you some pictures of my pepper garden for this season. The big plant is a ordinary anaheim. And the others are from left to right: Aji Bolivian, Rocoto, Monkey Face, Habanero Carribian Red and Chocolate Scotch Bonnet.

I also have seeds of: Paloma,Sivri Biber, Espelette. I will try them later,cause I dont have enough space right now. Anyone got any opinion about these seeds? I also want some feedback on my garden, neg/pos, doesnt matter, I want to get better :)

Its a 200 CFL right now, but I will switch to 250w MH and 250 HPS for flowering.

pict3480en2.jpg

Looks like you have plenty of Light there for the time being and indeed a lavish setup :)

Welcome From The U.K

8.gif

Really nice looking set-up. It looks like a nursery at a maternity ward with all the new borns lying in their cribs...with a 200 watt CFL bulb shining down on them, a fan blowing across them and a heating pad cranked to 85 F. under them. Yep! Jus' the same.

Welcome from the Canadian Prairies!

QuadShotz said:
greetz!

Choc. SB? Sounds fun..that a cross or somethin?

choc hab + SB sounds fun.
Nope. there is a Chocolate Scotch Bonnet. you can argue all you want on if it's a bonnet or not, but it ain't a cross.

Aww, but i wannaa... ;)

LOL, hell, I still don't know if my 'burkina' habs are ..idk what they are...

Cept, they frell people but good. :>

QuadShotz said:
Aww, but i wannaa... ;)

LOL, hell, I still don't know if my 'burkina' habs are ..idk what they are...

Cept, they frell people but good. :>

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the welcomes & feedback everyone!

QuadShotz, if you want, you can message me your name & adress and ill send you some seeds.

Hey Lavish, keep us updated on the monkey face pepper. I always wondered how often the "face" actually appears and how it tastes.

lavish said:
Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the welcomes & feedback everyone!

QuadShotz, if you want, you can message me your name & adress and ill send you some seeds.

Hey thanks man, but right now I doubt I could find any room for 'em.

Cheers,

QS

Thanks again for the warm welcome and your feedback. Here's a update on my ordinary anaheim. I'm going to keep the healthiest 3-4 plants and give away the rest. The anaheim is a little bit too big in relation to the other plants so it's going to my father who is hopefully going to run a little garden with the 200W CFL that I'm putting aside now that I'm switching to the 250W MH. I hope he's going to do that cause I dont want my left-over plants wasted, hehe :)

pict3510xg0.jpg

I thought about a 200-watt CFL but compared to two, 105 watt bulbs

Size 200 (2)105
Cost $67 $54
Lumens 10,000 13,800
Equiv.
Watts 600 1,000

3,800 more lumens for $13 less money!

Mike

Update

The only plants i've kept is three Monkey Face and one Habanero Carribean Red. The Habanero are not doing so well, the new growth are white-yellowish green. But the Monkey Faces are doing pretty good.

I hope you guys can recommend me some of the "easier" grown peppers for my first time with hydroponics. Im starting with a dripping system, yaroots x-tank. Its exactly like the Atami Wilma. Im very thankful for all information regarding pepper/hydroponics/the dripping system im using, etc.

Especially I would like to know some very "strong" pepper strain, not strong as in hot, I mean... a bit forgiving, as its going to be my first time with hydro.

pict3758wc3.jpg

pict3797dx8.jpg

I wish I could help you lavish, but I don't grow hydroponically....If they were in dirt, I would say give them a shot of nitrogen and some epsom salts....if it is just the lower/mid leaves that are turning and falling, I would say that is natural....

and welcome to THP...good place here...

AlabamaJack said:
I wish I could help you lavish, but I don't grow hydroponically....If they were in dirt, I would say give them a shot of nitrogen and some epsom salts....if it is just the lower/mid leaves that are turning and falling, I would say that is natural....

and welcome to THP...good place here...

Thank you anyway, i just ordered epsom salts from ebay, some brand called roldan, i hope it is the pure salts, and no additional substances, so i can use it. I will try the epsom salts as fast as it arrives. My plants dont look so good, i think it is the beginner mistake #1 = overwatering, now im trying to learn how often i have to water, ive put some leca rocks on top to keep some moisture on the surface, so i dont feel like watering just cause its dry on top.

Ive cut the top of the three monkey face plants, cause i think i scorched them cause i had the lamp too close. Now i try to keep it 30cm above all the time. The habanero dont look too good, but im pleased if it give me a couple of pods.

Some newly taken pics:

pict3863hm5.jpg

pict3867li1.jpg

Back