• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

led experiment

ok its time for an update

dorset naga
IMG_0706.jpg

yellow 7 pod
IMG_0715.jpg

yellow 7 pod 2
IMG_0714.jpg

not had an update in a few weeks as theres been an aphid out brake :( think there all dead now

dorestnaga
IMG_0821.jpg

small rip pod
IMG_0822.jpg

other dorset naga
IMG_0824.jpg

so i am going to experiment with my first bubbler system this weekend, but have a couple questions:
1. Where is the water level supposed to be? Right below the roots, or keep the roots in the water?
2. What amount of time is allowable when needing to change the water in the reservoir? I was just wondering how likely it is for them to die while doing a tank change every month?

I am certainly now an accomplished hydro farmer but I rarely change water if the plant is growing. Never saw a reason to do so - it is still clear, no algae on the sides, plants looked great. The one time I needed to change things, I put the net pots in jugs so the roots stayed wet. As long as they don't dry out, they seem to do fine. We lost electricity for a week this summer and though the plants didn't thrive, neither did they suffer any signs of damage.

Mike

i change the water ever 3 to 4 weeks depends how big your reservoir is and yes have the roots just out the water as the bubbles that break on the top will splash the roots and give them plenty oxygen

Gary18 said:
i change the water ever 3 to 4 weeks depends how big your reservoir is and yes have the roots just out the water as the bubbles that break on the top will splash the roots and give them plenty oxygen

So how do you know exactly where the roots are to keep them just above the water? Won't they try to grow into the water? I should just start a new thread for questions, I don't want to sidetrack this one.

Back