Lee´s 2009 Grow season

Todays temps where about 14 Degrees C. took em out real quick for some watering

CAP217, Pimenta da Neyde, Aji Cito, Bolivian Rainbow, C. Rhomboideum, Aji Cristal, Omni Color
img6156.jpg

Fatalii Yellow, CAP1144, C.Lanceolatum, Rocopica, Madam Jeanette, Bhut Jolokia, Big Jim (some small pimenta's, bhuts, bolivians and CAP217)
img6157.jpg

kopievanimg6158.jpg

Lee, some very nice looking plants indeed. I am also growing the De Neyde it is my favorite so far this year. I am growing a bunch of wilds this year also. I finally got one of my c. lanceolatum to sprout a couple of days ago in a paper towel I hope it comes up out of the soil now. Would love to trade some wilds with you in the fall after harvest. I too need the Rhomboideum.

Dale

thepodpiper said:
Lee, some very nice looking plants indeed. I am also growing the De Neyde it is my favorite so far this year. I am growing a bunch of wilds this year also. I finally got one of my c. lanceolatum to sprout a couple of days ago in a paper towel I hope it comes up out of the soil now. Would love to trade some wilds with you in the fall after harvest. I too need the Rhomboideum.

Dale

Yeah, Great plant that pimenta. Had some issues with the Lance, 4/8 sprouted but it had troubles loosing the seed shell. They stopped growing at about 1 cm height. Again planted a second batch of seeds and 2 of them sprouted and where capable to loose the shell, with some little help :).

But should have started in December because the plant grows very slow in the beginning and I don't think I will get fruits on it this outdoor season (they haven't been put outside yet, too cold). I will bring it indoors if neccesary :) But we'll see, it seems they will grow very fast after a while.

Some wild trades are always interesting :)

Some pics of a Bolivian Rainbow. Still has green leaves but will turn dark when exposed to good sun light

img6187.jpg

img6191h.jpg

Some buds. I'll keep this plant on a small container. Plant about 6 weeks old
img6196.jpg

7 to go..

That rhomboideum looks like about 10 plants instead of 1. That is a very interesting growth habit. Must have!

thispart.jpg

That's the one 1 was referring to. Just looks so unlike any other pepper plant. With the way that's growing it's bound to crowd out the other two. Guess that means you just gotta box them up and ship them to me to make room :lol:

I removed the plastic box to give em more space.

2 plants in the back Aji Cito and Aji Cristal
img6243.jpg

Wild varieties are doing fine

Rocopica.
img6228v.jpg

CAP1144
img6229c.jpg

C. Lanceolatum.
img6240.jpg

1 to go.....

Back