• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lee's 2010 WildChilli Grow season

Thx Brito. Just give me a piece of your land..

Tried a C.flexuosum pod and they taste so good, sweet at the beginning and some nice heat to it as well. I'm glad it's the "hot" variety. I collected 12 seeds from 1 pod and they all passed the sinker/floater test. Will germinated some as soon as they dried but I'm sure they will do just fine..

Splitted C.schottianum var. flexuosum pod.
p8200006.jpg

CAP 1478 Flower
p8210041.jpg

p8210045.jpg

Mini Mini
p8200014.jpg

The weather hasn't been to good lately here in Holland so we decided to go on a short trip to Corfu (Greece). Nice island and the weather has been good before it rained continuously for 2 days. Did some exploring on the island but without any luck.

img2096t.jpg

img2094oq.jpg

Ok back to the Wilds. Harvested some of them before I left. Also got a chance to taste the Tepin from Eastern Travis county and all I can say is that those little things are very hot and made me feel a little uncomfortable. At first they taste like a regular green bell pepper followed by a piercing burning sensation witch caused a waterfall in my mouth, luckily it ended within 10 min or so.. Was kinda happy with it

C.chacoense, C. schottianum var. flexuosum and Heart Throb.
p8290119x.jpg

Tepin Eastern Travis County. Immature pods Very hot!
img1677ev.jpg

The weather really s.. here. Just keeps on pooring

C.schottianum var. flexuosum
img2402z.jpg

img2403fs.jpg

C.baccatum var. baccatum
img2397r.jpg

Now I just have to keep all those damned birds away..

Was a sunny day here yesterday. It seems that most plants like the colder weather
img2428w.jpg

img2448n.jpg

C.parvifolium
img2418q.jpg

C.cardenasii Very prolific plant
img2408l.jpg

C.cardenasii Ripe pod
img2414i.jpg

Harvested Some "C.parvifolium" and C.flexuosum
img2437cc.jpg

The weather is good here in the Netherlands for this time of the year but I can say that we had a lousy summer, most plants are still ripening there fruits.. But in case winter kicks I have a backup plan. Remarkable is that most species bear the cold very well. Especially C.praetermissum (different vars.) and C.flexuosum have no problems with low temperatures. C.rhomboideum doesn't like the cold at all! Like last year it dropped most of it's leaves. The C. eximium varieties I have all dropped there leaves. C. cardenasii on the other hand maintained it's bushy/shrubby foliage.. Anyway I took some pictures of my crop this weekend.
img2741c.jpg

C.flexuosum flower backside. Petals showing purple-ish spots.. Noticed it last week, before there weren't any purple spots.
img2608l.jpg

img2658.jpg

img2653vb.jpg

C.praetermissum. My favorite praetermissum, massive plant!
img2725v.jpg

img2724k.jpg

Small Harvest. Hearth throb, Mini Mini, 2 different C.chacoense, C.flexuosum, Duke pequin, Tepin eastern travis County. Plants are still loaded with fruits. I sure hope they all ripen soon
img2785g.jpg

Back