• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lee's 2010 WildChilli Grow season

C.tovarii. Plant is flowering good but no pods so far.. Anyway it's a gorgeous plant and I really like the dark green waxy leaves with the pale yellow flowers. I have cross-pollinated some flowers of c.tovarii , just carefully experimenting with it..
img1802w.jpg

img1807zq.jpg

img1805q.jpg

C.buforum. Again lots of flowers but no pods.. Have cross polinated some flowers on this one
img1773.jpg

Not the best picture but look at the flower. Flowers change from shape during there cycle
img1777p.jpg

I love the flower on the CGN 19198#2. What is the average size of this plant and how big of a container would it take to grow properly? I ask because these plants look so tall and tree like.

I guess average size is about up to 1 meter. I had most success with 10 Liter containers and it looks like most varieties thrive really good.

The reason why some of my plants are tall is that I should have re potted them much earlier, but due to the late season(bad weather) I had to keep them inside on a 1 Liter. Some of them got very leggy and look like trees now. I have a C.chacoense that looks more like a coconut tree or something .

I love the flower on the CGN 19198#2. What is the average size of this plant and how big of a container would it take to grow properly? I ask because these plants look so tall and tree like.

Some comparison between C.cardenasii, C.eximium and CAP 1491. C.cardenasii and C.eximium are pretty much the same. CAP 1491 was classified as C.eximium, but I am not convinced..

C.cardenasii
p8180004.jpg

C.eximium
p8180013.jpg

CAP 1491
p8180023.jpg

Lee my friend
As I said to you the other day, your photos are from a great professional. :clap: :clap:
All your wild are wonderful, but I'm dreaming of one day to have C. Tovarii in my plantation. ;)
Congratulations friend and success. :) :cool:

Back