• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Little Green Dilemma

AlabamaJack said:
sooooo...when I switch from 3-1.5-4 to 1.5-4-5, the plants will be less attractive to ahpids...if so, that is great since that is my fruiting/flowering fert...

Less attractive, but not immune.

Besides, 3:1.5:4 isn't so skewed as to cause the high nitrogen/aphid love fest.

I found this frog :?: in my front garden yesterday.

13062008096.jpg

I think it came from next doors pond so it was moved back to their garden but this morning he was back in my garden, why would he want to be in my garden? The dog had a go at him yesterday, luckily he dropped the frog straight away. I have no pond so I don't know why he wants to live with me.

rainbowberry said:
I found this frog :?: in my front garden yesterday.

13062008096.jpg

I think it came from next doors pond so it was moved back to their garden but this morning he was back in my garden, why would he want to be in my garden? The dog had a go at him yesterday, luckily he dropped the frog straight away. I have no pond so I don't know why he wants to live with me.
Food? maybe he just likes rainbows. :lol:

Nah if he stays there he will be dog food. When I was holding the dog back yesterday I asked someone to move him for his own safety, I said to them wet your hands first. I have never heard such girly sounds come from a male before when he picked him up, you'd have thought the thing had jumped down his trousers.

they are very common here in the states, especially the southeast...that's why I recognized it right off...

That's why a put a question mark by frog as the ones I've seen over here are bigger. I don't know anyone who keeps frogs as pets, maybe it jumped out of someones bag of lettuce, honestly that does happen, people open their bags of veg and lizards, frogs, spiders, etc have crept in when it's been packed. He's quite a friendly little thing. I wanna keep him now. Thanks for that AJ.

rainbowberry said:
That's why a put a question mark by frog as the ones I've seen over here are bigger. I don't know anyone who keeps frogs as pets, maybe it jumped out of someones bag of lettuce, honestly that does happen, people open their bags of veg and lizards, frogs, spiders, etc have crept in when it's been packed. He's quite a friendly little thing. I wanna keep him now. Thanks for that AJ.
Even if you buy lettuce from somewhere in America, do you really thing the poor frog would survive the trip? that frog is only native to America. :lol:
He's cute though! be a great pet.

Hmmmm Captain Kangaroo and Mr Greenjeans turned a generation into pepper fanatics on this forum....not bad for tv huh? We could have had worse influences.

Jackie

I read in a magazine only last week about a gecko that survived in a box of strawberries from Spain, I dunno if it could survive from America but people find spiders in Bananas. Maybe he's a lucky frog, do you think I should try and kiss him?

rainbowberry said:
I read in a magazine only last week about a gecko that survived in a box of strawberries from Spain, I dunno if it could survive from America but people find spiders in Bananas. Maybe he's a lucky frog, do you think I should try and kiss him?
Hehe, not unless you're into frogs. :lol:

rainbowberry said:
It could also be a 'Common frog'.

You never know Omri, it might turn into a handsome prince ;)
The common frog has dark "lumps", not spots like the leopard frog.
You already have a handsome prince. ;)

rainbowberry said:
Are you sure they do? The pictures I've looked at vary. So now you want me to check him for lumps :)
Hehe... I can't read any of your comments without laughing. :lol:

if it is a leopard frog, he will have smooth, leather-like skin that is fairly "slimy"...the slime is his protective coating that keeps them from drying out so quickly when out of the water...plus it acts like our epidermis in keeping germs out...

Back