wanted Looking for Brains

Its normal to see different pod shapes on the same plant
With every type of chinense chilli plant that applies surely?
There's an ideal shape for a variety, not every plant will get those pods; and some plants will get that ideal pod shape sometimes, but other times pods will be out of spec, take the scotch bonnet for example.

Its normal to see different pod shapes on the same plant with Trinidad 7 pods and scorpion

Sure but as one of the stories goes it is a cross between a 7 pod and a scorpion and it is not stable yet I think the pictures tell the story. I could be wrong.

With every type of chinense chilli plant that applies surely?
There's an ideal shape for a variety, not every plant will get those pods; and some plants will get that ideal pod shape sometimes, but other times pods will be out of spec, take the scotch bonnet for example.
Environmental factors may come in play here, although I do believe it is a matter of stabilizing the variety.

Sure but as one of the stories goes it is a cross between a 7 pod and a scorpion and it is not stable yet I think the pictures tell the story. I could be wrong.
That's a normal quality of the "pure" Trinidad Scorpion, as it is already unstable by itself.

The scorpions I grow are stable and grow true every year but there is more variation in pod shape(on the same plants than most other chinenses. I still think this has a lot to do with the flower ring constricting early growth

The scorpions I grow are stable and grow true every year but there is more variation in pod shape(on the same plants than most other chinenses. I still think this has a lot to do with the flower ring constricting early growth
I agree, but I also think it's a genetic tendency. if not, why don't all chiles produce stings as often? that is what I meant when I said unstable. a stable form will produce the same results all the time, just like stable Scotch Bonnets or even a Jalapeño.

Can`t help with the scorp cross but have several brainstrains going now.Can help with those seeds.Let me know. Rich

Hey Y'all.
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with either of these!
I'd prefer to pay as I don't have a large quantity of that on my grow list (unless we're talking; ball chilli, or white bhut).

• 7pot - Brain Strain
• Infinity

Thanks all,
Rael. :dance:
[/quote
all of mine so far but maybe one look more like the scorpion

thanks your friend Joe

I have a few Infinities growing and there are 2 pod shapes sometimes even on the same plant.

If it was my call I would say one is a 7 pod like shape and the other a scorpion kinda shape.

Now judge for your self:

Infinity7podshaped3.jpg

InfinityTscorpshaped3.jpg

These pods hang on the same plant.
Those pics sure make it look like a cross to me, but I am no expert.

Back