• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Man I hate Ski-doos

this last weekend has been hell on a friends family..snowbanks are enormous here from a big dump we just had...my banks are almost as high as my cars..
2 houses from his he went over a huge bank to possibly jump it...dunno hit the top of a mailbox and the ski-doo went one way he went another way...His helmet flew off and well ive heard hes dead...nothing official....his daughtor told my little one his head in her words was swollen like the size of 2 basketballs(little girls acct) meaning just nasty..Another of my friends sisters owns the house where he whiped out..They went out not only not recognising a neighbor they couldnt even tell if it was a man or woman he was soo messed..What bugs me more is all blood and police tape is still there so his little ones have to see that as a reminder every time they step outa the house..Thats not right...ive been all night to find out if hes dead or not...best part is the guy is used to speed hes raced all his life...There are so many of these accidents around here similar to this its not funny...What I dont get is..why make ski-doos that do 150+kms and every year faster??It doesnt make sence...You dont see 4 wheelers/quads hitting the 200 km mark(that I know of).....now theres the possibility of a family with no father at the young age of 38...2 girls 6 and 12...Potawie mighta seen it if he watched the news lately.......Sorry for the rant im both pissed off and upset at the same time....

I used to live in the snowmobile capital but many people have sold their sleds over the past few years in exchange for 4 wheelers. If they only knew we'd have this much snow this year. Sorry about your friend, I just lost a good friend the other day when he got hit by a car. I still can't believe it.

All you have to do is watch a show as tame as "America's Funniest Home Videos" and you will see at least one person barely avoid killing himself on a snowmobile. I guess the vids where the guy doesn't live aren't that funny, so they don't make it onto the show.

For some reason people think that in snow, they won't get hurt because the snow will cushion their fall or something.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope he makes it.

Well he isnt dead which is good...but hes in critical care..so all we can do is hope and wait..Potawie..I should mention sorry about the loss of your friend..When its someone close it just hits close to home.Freinds are like family in ways and you dont really appricate it sometimes till something happans...Baldman im glad to see your alive lol that musta been freaky...I rolled my wifes car so I understand how it happens so fast...dukes of hazzard 10 feet down to a farmers field then rolled 5 times...just when it comes to ski-doos...Winter hits up here and the death rate just climbs

sorry to hear about this, for both of you. a friends kid (also his friend in front of him) hit a golf course bridge the other day on sleds & got a punctured lung, torn liver or kidney ? broken ribs, plus bruises. but then again this kid just months ago put a fracture in his spine from a motorcycle accident & broken leg a year ago. hes now thinking about giving up riding or at least chilling out.

but its not the companys fault its the owners, they wanted to buy such a powerful sled/bike/atv & ride crazy by pushing the limits. if you want to be mad at someone be mad at those that buy & ride those powerful machines.

I can see your point and true that...My only thing is why make a ski-doo that does 200 km+....there isnt even enough farmfield or groomed track to enjoy that speed.hell my winter car doesnt go that fast lol..but why make a sled that fast when most aeras you cant reach that speed but after a few beers they do...not all but around here beer and sleeding go hand in hand..hmmm lets see tours ,Poker runs

I know what you're saying. my 440 xcr & 500 HO is just fine for trail riding for me,I dont need nothing bigger.
here we have speed limits for trail riding, dont know if canada does also ? but why do they make machines that go really fast ? dont know but then again why do they make cars that go over a hundred mph ? theres no place you can legally drive that fast unless on a race course.

CP I am so glad to hear that your friend is alive! I hope he heals well and will keep all of you in my thoughts & prayers.

Thanks for the seeing me alive comment :)

chilehunter said:
I know what you're saying. my 440 xcr & 500 HO is just fine for trail riding for me,I dont need nothing bigger.
here we have speed limits for trail riding, dont know if canada does also ? but why do they make machines that go really fast ? dont know but then again why do they make cars that go over a hundred mph ? theres no place you can legally drive that fast unless on a race course.
I dont know canadian laws cuz I wont buy a ski-doo.Every one I know has one(well most) and the ones that have to supe them up
why????am I going to pull my 327 outa my blazer and make it more powerful for street??Snow is a dangerous thing because you dont know whats under it.I see more accidents every year than youd think...this one just touched me....good friend...kids are friends...

chilehunter said:
sorry to hear about this, for both of you. a friends kid (also his friend in front of him) hit a golf course bridge the other day on sleds & got a punctured lung, torn liver or kidney ? broken ribs, plus bruises. but then again this kid just months ago put a fracture in his spine from a motorcycle accident & broken leg a year ago. hes now thinking about giving up riding or at least chilling out.

but its not the companys fault its the owners, they wanted to buy such a powerful sled/bike/atv & ride crazy by pushing the limits. if you want to be mad at someone be mad at those that buy & ride those powerful machines.

No offense to your friends, but in the case of KIDS it is the parent's fault. WTF are they thinking?

Last night his nose started bleeding bad and something about blood on the brain......Man I hope its not too bad a thing..It doesnt sound good anyways...And as for kids depending on age to me younger than 18 then it should be the parents responsibility..To me if they are old enough to drink/vote then they can hold their own..(Mind u I think the drinking age is 21) and in Quebec the drinking age is just a sugestion lol

Back