• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

Tonight I started the new season. My growlist for 2012 contains the following varities:

Annuum
Caloro
Cayenne Golden
Cherry Chocolate
Chilhuacle Negro
Fish
Jalapeño Biker Billy Hybrid
Jalapeño Chichimeca
Jalapeño Craigs Grande
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
Jalapeño Hercules Jalapeño
Jumbo Jalapeño
Numex Jalmundo
Morron de Fabrica
Peppadew
Petit Marseillais
Santa Fe Grande

Baccatum
Aji Pineapple
Rain Forest

Chacoense
Yellow Chaco

Chinense
7 Pot Brown
Arbibi Gusano Red F-1
Armaggedon F-1
Biquinho
Bolivian Bumpy
CGN 20790
Chupetinho
Clavo
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii White
Fidalga Roxa
Habanero Bazooka
Habanero Big Jamaican
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Black Congo
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget
Habanero Chocolate Congo
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning
Habanero Condor's Beak
Habanero Francisca ™
Habanero Giant White
Habanero Golden
Habanero Jaguar
Habanero Long Chocolate
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Pastel
Habanero Purple
Habanero Senegal Chocolate
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba
Habanero White Pearl
Habanero Yellow Bumpy
Habanero Yucatan White
Habanero Zavory (in memory of aijjoe's niece Amanda)
Hurican
MadballZ
Monster Naga
Peito de Moca
Pimenta Leopard
SB7J F-1
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican
Trinidad Scorpion "FG"
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Frutescens
Tabasco Short Yellow

Most of this list I got through the genorosity of people on this forum, thanks alot! Since I only have one heated propagator I needed to split up my list, so I went for all the Habanero varities first (as you can see on the picture below). Also a few other Chinense on there.

eerstezaailijst.jpg

I sow 2 seeds per varity, so I can keep the best looking plant and give the other one away. Offcourse I'm not throwing them away, I will spread the heat among my friends so they can learn the magical world of pepper growing too ;)

I used coco-plugs as medium this time and putted them in a 60 holes tray. Looks like a tray of cup-cakes ready for the oven.
IMAG0985.jpg

After I soaked them and let the propagator get to the right tempature (± 26°C) I sow all the seeds with this as end result.
IMAG0991.jpg

All I have to do now is getting the grow area ready so when they sprouted they can be put under the CFL lights. I don't expect them to sprout for atleast a week so I still have some time. As soon there is free space I will sow the rest of my list with the Annuum to be the last ones, probally around january.

Hi Stefan
I just waded through the glog you kept for this past season, and all I'm gonna say is Wow! Everything looked great. I'll have to keep an eye out for your effort next season, which should start in another 2 or 3 weeks right? Cheers!

Beautiful grow Stefan! Very, very nice work.

Thanks Gary :)

PLease send me one bottle and jar of each. Gary will pay the shipping ;) Just a perfect grow from start to finish Stefan.

Merry Christmas my brotha :dance:

If I only could, I would. You got the recipe of the Sambal now. You have a Merry Christmas as well!!

:party:

Send it via Chicago........The customs agency is so busy that..............well let's just say your products look so good that if they were confiscated they would definitely be consumed........................ :party:

Happy holidays Stefan.

Greg, thanks a lot for the kinds words. Happy holidays! Can't wait to get started with the awesome varieties you've sent me :dance:

Stefan, I love the look of your Big Jamaican pods, how do they taste? From your pictures their stems at pod top looks thicker than my Jamaican Habs but hard to tell exactly from pictures. I’m late to the game again, but my excuse is I’m new since Nov. too many glog’s and not enough time, heh. Great crop you have and you do a great job on pictures with that HTC Desire HD A9191, I’m assuming you upgraded to the HTC One X at one point along the way or have 2 phones now?

Early in your glog I had never heard of the product you spoke about (can’t remember which page) “chilli focus.” But thanks for giving me the idea to use seaweed for some experimentation. Call me an idiot as I live less than 2 miles from the beach and have never tried seaweed for fert yet. I have now read a few articles about it and will start testing it out next week, thanks!

Keep up the great work and I certainly enjoy seeing & reading bout all your plants :)

The first pods were disappointing in taste and heat, but I learned that was because they grew inside and hardly had any sun. The ones later in season tasted like your regular Red Hab only with less heat, it's very very prolific and has a early season because of the Annuum genes it obviously has (thicker stems at pod top). The Desire HD is mine, the One X is my wives phone. The X makes better pictures inside and at night so I mostly use it for indoors.

Good luck with your glog also, I need to be checking it out!
Great last harvest that is always awesome to see and those jar of heat look great and tasty you are covered for the rest of winter with some heat.

I am, Fernando :) I'm gonna make some flakes out of those MadballZ pods and make a nice blend.

Hi Stefan
I just waded through the glog you kept for this past season, and all I'm gonna say is Wow! Everything looked great. I'll have to keep an eye out for your effort next season, which should start in another 2 or 3 weeks right? Cheers!

Thanks, Stickman! I would be normally but I'm gonna try and pace myself till the end of January before I start the next season. First gonna finish up some jobs in the house that needs to be done ;) otherwise I will be spending all my time to my grow again (and the wife won't be happy with that :lol:).

Stefan I'm going to smack myself upside the head for not following your glog. You have had a great season. Your harvest pics are beautiful.

Have you started a 2013 glog or are you going to just extend this one?

Stefan I'm going to smack myself upside the head for not following your glog. You have had a great season. Your harvest pics are beautiful.

Have you started a 2013 glog or are you going to just extend this one?

Thanks, Patrick. I will start a new one once I start sowing (hopefully in 3-4 weeks) but for now I will lurk around on the forum :lol:

Very nice pics as usual. The orange blob is a nice looking pepper. I sowed two seeds, may do a couple more.
The two I sowed already popped up really quick.

Very nice pics as usual. The orange blob is a nice looking pepper. I sowed two seeds, may do a couple more.
The two I sowed already popped up really quick.

Thanks, Linda. It seems the Orange Blob has a really good germination rate since all the people that sowed it have a 100% germ rate :D
I'm still curious for it's mommy and daddy, judging from the growth and pods I think it's a cross between Chinense and Baccatum. The growth was bushy like Chinense but the leaves we're small and pointy (narrow) like Baccatum also the branching looked like a Baccatum. Also the leaves and stem were covered with little white hairs. The taste of the pods wasn't typical Chinense, no smokey or spicy aftertaste just a pure fruity aroma. It's hard to describe since I'm not that good at recognizing flavors :lol:

Awesome! I'll keep a better eye on that one. Best of luck to you.

Thanks, Patrick. I will keep a close eye on yours as well :D

...It seems the Orange Blob has a really good germination rate since all the people that sowed it have a 100% germ rate :D
I'm still curious for it's mommy and daddy, judging from the growth and pods I think it's a cross between Chinense and Baccatum. The growth was bushy like Chinense but the leaves we're small and pointy (narrow) like Baccatum also the branching looked like a Baccatum. Also the leaves and stem were covered with little white hairs. The taste of the pods wasn't typical Chinense, no smokey or spicy aftertaste just a pure fruity aroma. It's hard to describe since I'm not that good at recognizing flavors :lol:
Don't you have any photo of Orange Blob's flowers?

This week my order of Chilli Focus came in, I'm good for the next couple of years
icon_lol.gif

IMAG0198.jpg

So far I'm pretty satisfied with the progress of my plants, most of them are doing great and are growing really fast.

where did you get it from (europe)?

I can't find anything bigger than 500ml here in greece...

Back