• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

Tonight I started the new season. My growlist for 2012 contains the following varities:

Annuum
Caloro
Cayenne Golden
Cherry Chocolate
Chilhuacle Negro
Fish
Jalapeño Biker Billy Hybrid
Jalapeño Chichimeca
Jalapeño Craigs Grande
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
Jalapeño Hercules Jalapeño
Jumbo Jalapeño
Numex Jalmundo
Morron de Fabrica
Peppadew
Petit Marseillais
Santa Fe Grande

Baccatum
Aji Pineapple
Rain Forest

Chacoense
Yellow Chaco

Chinense
7 Pot Brown
Arbibi Gusano Red F-1
Armaggedon F-1
Biquinho
Bolivian Bumpy
CGN 20790
Chupetinho
Clavo
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii White
Fidalga Roxa
Habanero Bazooka
Habanero Big Jamaican
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Black Congo
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget
Habanero Chocolate Congo
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning
Habanero Condor's Beak
Habanero Francisca ™
Habanero Giant White
Habanero Golden
Habanero Jaguar
Habanero Long Chocolate
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Pastel
Habanero Purple
Habanero Senegal Chocolate
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba
Habanero White Pearl
Habanero Yellow Bumpy
Habanero Yucatan White
Habanero Zavory (in memory of aijjoe's niece Amanda)
Hurican
MadballZ
Monster Naga
Peito de Moca
Pimenta Leopard
SB7J F-1
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican
Trinidad Scorpion "FG"
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Frutescens
Tabasco Short Yellow

Most of this list I got through the genorosity of people on this forum, thanks alot! Since I only have one heated propagator I needed to split up my list, so I went for all the Habanero varities first (as you can see on the picture below). Also a few other Chinense on there.

eerstezaailijst.jpg

I sow 2 seeds per varity, so I can keep the best looking plant and give the other one away. Offcourse I'm not throwing them away, I will spread the heat among my friends so they can learn the magical world of pepper growing too ;)

I used coco-plugs as medium this time and putted them in a 60 holes tray. Looks like a tray of cup-cakes ready for the oven.
IMAG0985.jpg

After I soaked them and let the propagator get to the right tempature (± 26°C) I sow all the seeds with this as end result.
IMAG0991.jpg

All I have to do now is getting the grow area ready so when they sprouted they can be put under the CFL lights. I don't expect them to sprout for atleast a week so I still have some time. As soon there is free space I will sow the rest of my list with the Annuum to be the last ones, probally around january.

bump, do all your peppers stems get woody lookin? Just curious, havent been growin peppers long enough to know yet...

Thanks, they normally don't but the humidity in the poly tunnel is sometimes to high and then crystals are formed on the stems and leaves :( It's raining a lot the last couple of months, I haven't given them water over 3 weeks now and they are still doing well. Some more pictures.

IMAG0628_.jpg

IMAG0627_.jpg

IMAG0626_.jpg

IMAG0625_.jpg

IMAG0624_.jpg

And I cleaned the garden from all the plants I had in ground, due to all the rain they began and were sick of BLS :( Most of the pods were still green.

IMAG0640-1.jpg

IMAG0642-1.jpg
IMAG0641-1.jpg

Left is mostly Jalapeño's and unripe Joe's Long Cayenne.

what are those in the white tub in the middle? They look like tomatillos or are they unripe tomatoes?
Nice harvest Stefan that should keep you busy for a little while.

the aji pineapple looks interesting, does it live up to its name... Wonderful harvest btw regardless that most are green...

I did taste it just now, but I think my taste is a bit off in the early morning. Gonna give it a try again later today :)

Hell of a year Stefan! I am loving those fatalii white. They seem to have a better color than most white varieties. I ripped out more plants today,but 70° temps have me holding off shutting it completely down.

Thanks, John. Been a good but hard learning year again :) I love those white pods as well, they look great. Could have been a little more white but that's due to lack of sun. If temps stay this way over here, the plants in the poly tunnel can keep going for another 3 or 4 weeks :D

what are those in the white tub in the middle? They look like tomatillos or are they unripe tomatoes?
Nice harvest Stefan that should keep you busy for a little while.

You are correct, those are Tomatillo's. I cleaned out those plants as well, got over 10kg from 3 plants. Next year only 1 plant will be enough :lol:

Great season Stefan. I can only imagine with the new larger poly tunnel what kind of madness you will have growing.

Powder is on the way. Hope it makes it thru customs. It is mighty stinky :fireball:

Great season Stefan. I can only imagine with the new larger poly tunnel what kind of madness you will have growing.

Powder is on the way. Hope it makes it thru customs. It is mighty stinky :fireball:

Sounds good, Jamie! I hope the same and if they intercept I hope they will be stupid enough to taste it :hell: Already looking forward to next year's season, it can only get better especially now that I can grow entirely in the poly tunnel!

Hey Stefan,
I've been pedaling through some glogs to play catch up, and I slowed down to a coast here.
There's alot of good info to absorb. Great detailing...
Awesome photos with documentation! Beautiful green harvest.....Salsa Verde ...roasted?
You definitely had a successful season

Thanks, Greg. Appreciate the kind words from the master :cheers: It looks like a successful season but still had a lot of struggling, but I learned a whole bunch of new stuff in return! Turned out it was over 7lbs of Jalapeno's I harvested :dance: I'm gonna pickle a lot and make a boatload of Salsa Verde like you said, roasted Tomatillo's :drooling:

Since they said it was gonna freeze a little next week I decided to do another harvest, good for 5,5lbs.

IMAG0677-2.jpg

IMAG0687-1.jpg

7 Pot Brain Strain Red, 7 Pot White, Bahamian Goat Pepper, Bhut Jolokia Cappuccino, Biquinho, CGN21566, CGN22207, Cili Goronong, Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, Fidalga Roxa, Guadeloupe Black, Habanero Antillais Caribbean, Habanero Cappuccino, Habanero Francisca ™, Habanero Harold St. Bart's, Habanero Jaguar, Habanero Martinique, Habanero Mustard, Habanero Orange Devil, Habanero Oxkutzcabian Orange, Habanero Pastel, Habanero Purple, Habanero White Giant, Jalapeño Conchos, Jalapeño El Jefe, Jalapeño Hercules, Jalapeño Numex Jalmundo, Joe's Long Cayenne, Pimenta Elisir, Pimenta Leopard, SB7J, Scarlet Lantern, Scotch Bonnet Burkina Yellow, Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino, Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate, Trinidad Seasoning Red.

IMAG0703_.jpg

IMAG0701_.jpg

IMAG0699_.jpg

IMAG0698_.jpg

IMAG0697_.jpg

IMAG0695_.jpg

IMAG0693_.jpg

IMAG0692_.jpg

Tbc...

bump very nice :)

You did very well with your tomatillos they are huge compared to mine. I had 1 of my 2 plants die half way trough summer a storm ripped the main stem in 2 and it was loaded with immature fruit so very heavy. Really have to support them very well another lesson learnt the hard way :rolleyes:

bump :P

bhut cappu looks :onfire:

Yes, it does and there's more pods ripening off true :party:

Awesome pods Stefan!!! I wish I could grow as long as you can in the Netherlands. The colour on those cappuccino pods is amazing!

Conor

Thanks Conor, the end is near over here as well. Only got plants left in the poly tunnel but don't know how much frost they can actually handle inside there. We'll see soon I'm afraid :lol:

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Last few mugshots.[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

IMAG0679_.jpg

IMAG0678_.jpg

[/background]

[/background]

Stefan-
Looking outstanding, I now have a serious pang for Salsa Verde!
A few questions:
The CGN22207, is it almost black?Assuming typical chinense for taste? Very interesting looking.
The CGN 215666, any sweetness to this variety?
The Pimenta Elisir, is this only avail through AISPES? Love to get some seed for these-how do you like this variety?
Love all the habanero varieties- I will be looking at more of these next year for sure.
The Douglah x Butch T cross-I did have one plant that had the scorp shaped pods, the other 3 definately looked more Douglah.They are hot!

Stefan-
Looking outstanding, I now have a serious pang for Salsa Verde!
A few questions:
The CGN22207, is it almost black?Assuming typical chinense for taste? Very interesting looking.
The CGN 215666, any sweetness to this variety?
The Pimenta Elisir, is this only avail through AISPES? Love to get some seed for these-how do you like this variety?
Love all the habanero varieties- I will be looking at more of these next year for sure.
The Douglah x Butch T cross-I did have one plant that had the scorp shaped pods, the other 3 definately looked more Douglah.They are hot!

I love Salsa Verde, it's virtually impossible to get fresh Tomatillo's over here so that's why I started growing them as well :lol: The CGN22207 is indeed almost black, like pure chocolate. Indeed typical Chinense taste, like many other Chocolate Habs, bit less overwhelming however which is great. It didn't grow true judging by the pictures I've seen on the internet, but these looks even cooler if you ask me ;) Haven't tasted the CGN 21566 yet, will get back to you once I tried it. Love the shape and color on this one. The plant is beautifull also, dark/black stems and leaves like the Fidalga Roxa or Pimenta de Neyde. If you saw some interesting Habs, let me know ;)

Amazing harvest I love the color combination you have there. 5.5lbs that is alot of heat hopefully the frost is not to bad, but you still had an amazing season overall especially with all the Habanero varieties creating a database within your growlog. Can not wait to see you start the new season and your list.

Amazing harvest I love the color combination you have there. 5.5lbs that is alot of heat hopefully the frost is not to bad, but you still had an amazing season overall especially with all the Habanero varieties creating a database within your growlog. Can not wait to see you start the new season and your list.

Thanks, Fernando. Still bit more to come and the frost didn't cause any damage. Forecasts say no frost for the next 2 weeks, but you never know :) Hope to harvest the last pods that are now ripening off from the plants soon. Then I can clean up and start working towards next season which won't start till the end of January 2013 for me :)

Back