• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2013

With some delay I sowed last sunday, 24 february. First I had doubts to start at all since it was already getting late in season but with all the varieties (thanks to all the great people I traded with!) I wanted to try I had to give it a try
biggrin.png
Keep in mind that the list was over 100 varieties, so I trimmed it down a lot. I intend to keep the 2 strongest plants of each variety except for the Piment d'Espelette. Some seeds are already old like the CGN (±8 years), so I got replacements in case the have popped up in 2 weeks.

zaaischema240213.jpg

The first one to germinate after 3 days was the Coyote Zan White (C. Chinense). The rest followed quickly
IMAG2299.jpg

Now almost a week later 69% has germinated:

7-Pot Brain Strain Yellow 4/4
Aji Panca 3/0
Ampuis 3/3
Ancho 3/3
Bhut Jolokia Mustard F2 3/1
Brito's Mystery Peach F3 3/3
Bubblegum 7 F3 3/2
CGN 16905 3/0
CGN 22796 3/0
Chilhuacle Amarillo 3/3
Chilhuacle Negro 3/3
Chilhuacle Rojo 3/3
Chimayo 9/9
Chinese 5 Color 3/3
Coyote Zan White 3/3
Devil Serrano 3/3
Devil's Tongue White 3/0
Dulce de Espana 3/2
El Oro de Ecuador (PI 585244) 3/3
Elephant's Ear 3/3
Fish Pepper 3/3
Gochu 4/4
Green Chinense 3/0
Guajillo 4/4
Habanero Galapagos Isabella 3/3
Habanero White Giant 3/1
Jalabanero F4 3/2
Jalapeño Apache F3 3/3
Jalapeño Ciclón 3/3
Jalapeño Colima 3/3
Jalapeño Coyame4/4
Jalapeño Craig’s Grande3/3
Jalapeño Dark Red 3/1
Jalapeño Dulce 3/3
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato 3/2
Jalapeño Fooled You 3/3
Jalapeño Gigantia 3/3
Jalapeño Goliath 3/3
Jalapeño Ixtapa X3R 4/4
Jalapeño Jalapa 3/3
Jalapeño Jalastar 3/3
Jalapeño Mammoth 3/3
Jalapeño Master 2/0
Jalapeño Numex Jalmundo 3/3
Jalapeño PS 11435810 3/3
Jalapeño Tajin 3/3
Jalapeño Zapotec 3/2
Jalapeñona 3/2
Madame Jeanette "Long Strain" 3/3
Maldivian White 3/3
Petenero 3/1
Piment d'Espelette 12/6
Puya 3/0
Rocoto de Seda 3/0
Scotch Bonnet "P. Dreadie Strain" 3/2
Scotch Bonnet Belize 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Foodarama 3/0
Scotch Bonnet Jamaican Indian Red 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Orange "Bahama's Freeport Strain" 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Papa Joe's Mkt 3/0
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Yellow x 7-Pot Brainstrain Yellow F1 3/0
Sweet Chocolate 3/3
Sweet Pickle 3/3
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow 3/0
Urfa Biber 3/3
Waialua 3/0

The ones in the bottom are mostly the Scotch Bonnets, so they are a bit hard to see on the photo.
IMAG2314.jpg

IMAG2315.jpg

IMAG2316.jpg

Bit to much Chimayo seedlings in one hole
IMAG2317.jpg

IMAG2318.jpg

I re-potted the Chimayo seedlings tonight, I will give away most of them.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I know I said it before but this is my last ambitious grow, it just consumes to much time I actually I don't have. So if I start talking about sowing a lot of varieties next season, please be so kind to remind me :lol:
windchicken said:
Sorry about the rain and the spots. I know you will prevail...

That little face, however, must make every day sunny at your house....

She sure does, Gary! I just hope the second one is as sweet a child she is (so far that is ;)). Today she tried to eat a leaf of one of my plants she's gotten to :lol:

meatfreak said:
…I know I said it before but this is my last ambitious grow, it just consumes to much time I actually I don't have. So if I start talking about sowing a lot of varieties next season, please be so kind to remind me :lol:
Sure and we have tidal waves and purple rain forecasted today ;)

meatfreak said:
She sure does, Gary! I just hope the second one is as sweet a child she is (so far that is ;)). Today she tried to eat a leaf of one of my plants she's gotten to :lol:
Stefan, she’s a keeper, looks like a little angle and super cute … congrats on the second one coming ^_^

WalkGood said:
Sure and we have tidal waves and purple rain forecasted today ;)

Stefan, she’s a keeper, looks like a little angle and super cute … congrats on the second one coming ^_^

Really, I mean it :lol: Thanks for the kind words, Ramon.

PIC 1 said:
Stefan,
Thinking about cutting back on the (scotch bonnet) pepper production for next year ?
I'll have one more for you to try first, mon........lol

Yeah, Greg. Think it would be a wise thing to do but you never know :) maybe when I got my garden the way I want to I can raise the amount of plants again.

Today I got to work some more on the tunnel. The front is finished now, although I need to replace the poly that's in the door. The ground in the garden is way to wet and it's completely saturated which makes working with it a lot harder. No plant out yet since we are having some frost tonight and the next coming days  :eh: Forecasts are saying it ain't getting much better the 2 following weeks..

IMAG2677.jpg

Saturated ground, big mud pool.
IMAG2678.jpg

Shoot Stefan, that's a big Unlike right there... Boo to frost! The hoophouse is looking good though. Hopefully the weather co-operates with you soon so you can get planted out. Cheers bro'

stickman said:
Shoot Stefan, that's a big Unlike right there... Boo to frost! The hoophouse is looking good though. Hopefully the weather co-operates with you soon so you can get planted out. Cheers bro'

Yeah I know, Rick. It's the end of May and there's some frost going on. I pray June is gonna be the month that the temperature will get better.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nice green and healthy, best of luck with your continued grow! 

Thanks, Joyners!

NorwegianChili said:
Whats the setup for your grow tent? Nice plants! 
It's 1,2x1,2x1,8mtr and has 2 125watt CFL 6400K lamps.

windchicken said:
Love the hoop house Stefan! I see lots and lots of work there!

Thanks, Gary. Just wait till you see all the plants in there, can't wait for the summer and plant out to begin. Please send over some sun and warmth over here :D

meatfreak said:
It's 1,2x1,2x1,8mtr and has 2 125watt CFL 6400K lamps.

Ok, no fans? I feel like a stoner having a tent up. Everyone is commenting on it, as 99% use it for weed growth..... "dude, its just pepper, hot ones" with the reply "yeah, right dude" :) But it seems like your tent is doing the trick, so 6400K, hmm.... thanks for sharing. We have somewhat the same climate, yours a little bit warmer than mine tho

NorwegianChili said:
Ok, no fans? I feel like a stoner having a tent up. Everyone is commenting on it, as 99% use it for weed growth..... "dude, its just pepper, hot ones" with the reply "yeah, right dude" :) But it seems like your tent is doing the trick, so 6400K, hmm.... thanks for sharing. We have somewhat the same climate, yours a little bit warmer than mine tho
Yeah, I have 2 fans in there, sorry forgot to mention that. At the moment our climate isn't much warmer :lol: 1°C tonight.

WalkGood said:
Stefan I love the size on your HooperGreenHouse and I see a frame behind too, are you rigging up both?
Grow on mon!!!

Yeah, Ramon. It's actually 1 frame between I divided it into 2 separate ones so I can switch every year from veggies, plus they heat up quicker and ventilation is better. The first one, ±40m², is actually for my tomatoes, cukes, pickles, okra and some other varieties that need the warmth. The one behind it is purely for my peppers, ±50m². Thanks to the  :censored:  :censored: weather over here I haven't been able to put the foil onto the second one. The first one is ready now so I will be finally planting out, also put a couple of trays with pepperplants in it so they can adjust already.

Lost about 10 Chinense plants due to the disease now... I have absolutely no idea what kind of disease it is, but it starts at the leaves and once it's in the stem it spreads throughout the entire plant and looks like they rot? Never seen anything like it before and wondering where the hell it could come from :( So far it only effects the Chinense  :pray:  :pray:

Back