• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mels growing adventures

thanks guys - I wasnt 100% happy with it on sunday.. i'm going to give it another go tonight to see if its settled in some... AJ - it does look scary- scary that only natural ingredients went into it!!

some pretty update pics...

these flowers are on some of my junk pot plants - the top two are blue on the inside!!!

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

and a nearly ripe scotch bonnet, should be the first viable pod from this plant!

IMG_2474.jpg

thanks guys, Ballz, I'd say probably another month or two before I have to start worrying about frosts...

its been a while between updates...

this one is from my junk pot.... seeds from an annum.. but its weird 'cause all the pods are white.. and have been white for a few weeks... i'm waiting for 'em to change colour..
IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

this is my little seedling pot... bhuts and scotch bonnets, they are growing so much better since I upgraded to the pool fence... will separate them out on the long weekend...
IMG_2532.jpg

this one is my non-peter pepper... god knows what it is...
IMG_2534.jpg

and this one is my annum thats going crazy atm... will be harvesting this weekend!

IMG_2530.jpg

--- the white pods in the above post have been planted from seeds on this one.. i think.. weird huh?? this one has purple pods that turn red.... wonder what colour the white ones will turn?

Your junk pot looks like it's still producing very well Mel. To bad your peter pepper was an imposter. Did you try it out and see how it tastes?

havent tried the fake pp yet Mal, when i do my harvesting on Friday I'll give it a go.. the junk pot is doing really well.. the bhut (i think?) is starting to bud.. i pinched some off but then noticed more buds today.. i'll let it go in the hope that it produces pod before I need to worry about frost so I can get an idea of what it is... my dining room table is going to be full of pots over winter i reckon!! bring em in of a night and take em out n the day... maybe... just maybe, this way i can have fresh pods over winter.. we'll see... its kinda sad that the junk pot is going to come inside and the dodgy pp is going to be left to see if it goes ok through winter.. so far coming inside will be.. jalepeno, habs, scotch bonnets, junk pot and new seedling pot with SB's and bhuts.. :)

Well, I'd leave that dodgy PP out there as well. It looks to be rather healthy but in the grand scheme of things I'd rather have a plant that is a bit more difficult to grow as my winter inside one. Oh, btw, congrats on post number 2K! :shocked: :cool:

lol - thanks Mal :) I think this post is post 2K :) next season will be in the ground so anything that goes in will be sacrificed over winter... i have douglah, naga and scorp seeds waiting to be planted and sacrificed :) plus all the plants that make it over winter...

2k posts... wooo hooo!!

Hey mel you don't have to sacrifice ground plants over winter. You can dig them up and put them in a pot to over-winter or you can just do what hippy does and chop them back, most of them should come back the next season for you.

Back