• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mels growing adventures

"Junk pot" plants are awesome, ain't they!

I got one here that is growing in almost rock hard soil and has been completely stripped by possums... twice... and continues to grow like a champion. So keen to find out what it is!

THP - yep, they hang across my pool fence.. but since I've been running out of room on the fence I now have the Rocoto in a pot on the ground :D

Junk pots are awesome Gas! Everything growing in my junk pot is doing better than my other seedlings!

Nice plants. When's the pool party BBQ?

mel said:
Tomorrow is looking good!! Going to be around 33C so perfect weather!! Think you'll make it on time?

I'll be there......it's only 2 hours at the worst from my place....I'll even bring some snags.....:lol:

And I agree with THP's earlier comment for salsalady..........what the......??

mel said:
Tomorrow is looking good!! Going to be around 33C so perfect weather!! Think you'll make it on time?

Nice sig cleanup mel. You know throwing out invites like that will only get you into trouble, i have my two boys and nothing to do alllll weekend.

And i have your address! :D

Novacastrian said:
And i have your address! :D

and I have yours as well.......:)

I'll be at your place at 10 and we'll be at mel's by noon........:lol:

I can see mel getting a little nervous at the moment!!! :rofl:

Here;s my favourite little "junk pot" (well, "junk dumping ground") guy here....

IMG_1225.jpg

Don't let the bark or sandy looking stuff confuse you either..... that soil is as tough as bricks!

The possums ate him twice and he still laughs at them. HA-HA-HA he says!

Sun beats down daily on him from sunrise to sunset too..... stockiest, most resilient little thing I've grown yet!

LOL.. i'm used to being in trouble :P seriously.. we should have a get together though!! i'm sure it would be entertaining!

Nova, just made dinner with chicken wraps, baby spinach, cheese, avocado and your sauce.. OMFG!! Three big dollops may have been too much.. I have watery eyes and a runny nose.. might have to make the next one with a touch less sauce :D

Glad to hear that the sauce works mate, i will kick it up a notch next time seeing as though you are getting used to it.

good googely moogely mel....your plants are doing fantastic...love the ripe jalapenos...

agree with PRF...make some poppers...

thanks AJ :) I think I will be making some poppers :)

and Nova - I wasnt just blowing smoke up your a$$... its really good! i was full but went back for another wrap.. little less sauce but it was still great! you should post the recipe for everyone :D my lips are still tingling!!

looking good mel. Im so jealous - wish mine would take off

ive been making heaps of fresh salsa with jalapenos, and having ham+cheese+spicy salsa tosted sangas at work. sooooo goood!!!
-although i dont think work ppl appreciate me going crop dusting afterwards ;)

mel said:
thanks AJ :) I think I will be making some poppers :)

and Nova - I wasnt just blowing smoke up your a$$... its really good! i was full but went back for another wrap.. little less sauce but it was still great! you should post the recipe for everyone :D my lips are still tingling!!

Thanks mate!

Back