• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mels growing adventures

I think i'll work on recycling some bottles to start off :D I owe Nova a bottle of sauce so as long as it seals should be right.. planning on cooking up some tomorrow... too hot for sauce cooking today!! Poppers tonight though :D

Looking good Mel :)

Looking around for glass bottles can be rather frustrating hey. Theres a few online companys but none have online shops which sucks.

I buy the small cheap vinegar bottles at coles. I normally use 20-25% of the vinegar and tip out the rest. There a little big at around 300-400ml but are normally on sale for under $1.

Looking forward to seeing some sauce making pics :) and poppers

Does anyone have an easy way to destem tiny chilli? I have 100's of them but am thinking of sacrificing them instead of putting them into sauce as its a pain in the butt! I'm about to cook up some sweet chilli sauce with my stash from yesterday and i'll be adding some of Nova's nagas :)

I've managed to dump out three bottles of death sauce and found some old Worcestershire sauce in the fridge so i've got the bottles boiling in a pot on the stove at the minute.. so bottles arent an issue, but de-stemming these tiny chillis is!

thats not what i wanted to hear! i'm thinking they will be sacrificed for the greater good of my mental health :D i'll weigh up what i've got and see how i go :D

It's not that hard to pluck the stems off is it? By the time you do you nerds calcs you could have had the job done!!

too late.. all my ingredients are now blended together and are simmering away in a pot.. your four naga's two habs, heaps of jals, thais and purple tigers.. with coriander, ginger garlic, lime juice, vinegar and a tonne of sugar :D.. i'll send up the mini chillis to you and you can destem them!

:D my fingers are burning.. i had gloves on but I think AJ mentioned it in another thread that the latex gloves dont really stop it.. its just the one finger.. the one i chopped the top off a few months back but its burning!

lol didn't realize you were in the middle of cooking it.

Have you had a good taste yet? Sounds like its going to have a crazy all round burn.

yeah its cooking now.. its only just started so i'll give it half an hour or so to thicken up and then give it a taste.. my fingers are giving me enough of a burn for now :D

hahaha woopps I mean awwww that sux hehehe

I had that but with my foot....... lol I spilt some jolokia puree while I was cooking and a little tinny bit ended up on my foot. Every time I put on shoes for the next week I ended up hurtin lol

Timmmy newbie said:
hahaha woopps I mean awwww that sux hehehe

I had that but with my foot....... lol I spilt some jolokia puree while I was cooking and a little tinny bit ended up on my foot. Every time I put on shoes for the next week I ended up hurtin lol

You may need a visit from chopper.... :lol:

here's the sauce... ended up with a bit more than i expected though!

Picture076.jpg

MEL! Beautiful!

I just popped into this thread, saw that picture and the first word that came to mind was kalaidescope.

thanks SL :)

Nova, its sweet to start and then heats up.. doesnt get too hot though :) i'll send you some if it ends up tasting ok.. i'm a bit concerned i used too much vinegar...

trying to work out what mrmels login is for partypoker atm.. driving me nuts!! we set up the account years ago and cant figure out what on earth it is!!

Back