• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mezo`s "super hots" Glog including the 'big' solar dehydrator.

The is thread with the humungous solar dehydrator. :D

solardehydrator3.jpg

G-Day, im Mez or Mezo & im new to this part of Australia having come from Perth (Western Australia) where growing chili peppers is so easy (except the heat).

I live in the border ranges in northern New South Wales (bordering Queensland) and its a mixed bag of temperate & tropical conditions, the summers are very hot, wet & humid, the winters are dry & sunny.

Average daily temps.

averagedailytemp.gif

And average monthly rainfall.

averagemonthlyrain.gif

Aussies reading this will already know this, but people in other country's probably paint a picture of Australia as a hot dry/dusty land but this is far from the truth, up north its full blown tropics with a wet season & 100% humidity (yuck). Down south its freezing cold & snow during winter, out west its a dry heat like in the Mediterranean & in the middle of Australia is desert country.

So im now growing for the first time "Super hots" and for a very important reason, whilst working away in Perth i had a double heart attack wich has left me permanently disabled, sadly they are unable to operate on me (bypass/stent) as its to far gone, so having worked all my life (Electrician) im now at the age of 45 claiming a disability pension & i hate not being able to work.

Now i take shovel fulls of dam tablets to keep my heart pumping & id rather not be taking any but right now there no option i have to take them or ill drop dead on the spot. After much reading i found out that cayenne powder has all sort of benefits to your health & well being, especially to your cardio vascular system. I had read that cayenne powder can stop a heart attack in its track & i put this to the test (twice) and yes it does work where the medication (Nitrolingual) had no effect.

So anyone reading this who spots a friend having a heart attack just flick some chili powder in a glass of water as fast as you can & get them to drink in right down, fast. It works within 30 seconds of drinking it & it saved me from two more attacks already.

So there's my life story in a nutshell & some sound advice on how to save a heart attack victims life.
And this ladies & gentlymen is why im growing "Super Hots" to make high heat cayenne powder for cooking to improve my circulation/remove fats & as a "just in case of emergency"

OK on with the first of my "Hots" the Bhut Jolokia, the reason i chose this was simple i just Googled "whats the hottest chili" and up popped the result, however further reading on the interweb i found threads from this forum & names like the Butch T, the Douglah & Brain Strain.

So ive ordered them from pepperlover.com after so many people gave such great reviews, Bhut in the meantime lets look at my Jolokia`s.

Bhut2.jpg

Bhut6.jpg

Must admit i just love the shape & color of these babies.
icon_mrgreen.gif

More soon,

Mezo.

Ohh Mezo I nearly was too I'm only 28 and only have only faint memories lol

It was on UK TV late at night, i used to stagger home from the pub & sit there watching it (one eye closed) you had to be pissed to watch the show. :D

Mezo.

Mezo 2 things come to mind after catching up on your Glog.

1. Free soil, do you have any body that raises horses or cattle near by? If you do make arrangements to cart off the dung and BAM, free soil after you let it compost a bit.

2. The nursary where you got the pots, will they buy or sell some of your plants for you? I have a local hardware store where I get some supplies and he's always aski g me questions about soil for seedlings, the coffee grounds and all. I think next season I might talk to him about selling some seedlings for me. Anyways it never hurts to ask.

Have a great week mate,
RM

Hey, Mezo! When I first saw your score of pots, I thought "Oh sure,
how's he going to use all those pots".
Now I'm thinking "He's going to need to find some more!" :lol:

Nice crib, Brother :D Good luck with all your projects!

Mezo 2 things come to mind after catching up on your Glog. 1. Free soil, do you have any ody that raises horses or cattle near by? If you do make arrangements to cart off the dung and BAM, free soil after you let it compost a bit. 2. The nursary where you got the pots, will they buy or sell some of your plants for you? I have a local hardware store where I get some supplies and he's always aski g me questions about soil for seedlings, the coffee grounds and all. I think next season I might talk to him about selling some seedlings for me. Anyways it never hurts to ask. Have a great week mate, RM

We have cows here on the property, we let the next door neighbor graze them on here (saves mowing the grass) so there's plenty of manure, my veggie patch has a ton of aged cow poo in it, that's how i destroyed a brand new week old rotary tiller. :tear:

The nursery is very professional, they grow only six varieties of chilli & its "more of a hobby" than venture for them, they are real strict on quarantine as well, signs saying "please don't bring live plants without prior permission" the farmers market is the place for sure.

Its only $15 for a stall & nobody sells chilli plants down there. ;)

Hey, Mezo! When I first saw your score of pots, I thought "Oh sure, how's he going to use all those pots". Now I'm thinking "He's going to need to find some more!" :lol: Nice crib, Brother :D Good luck with all your projects!

Next year ill get stuck right in to them Paul, you know that.

Well as usual ive been busy, last week was whey to much work for my ticker & i felt it on Sunday.
But my Black Prince toms are starting to flower already & they was almost at the top of my bamboo wigwam & i needed to find a permanent place to sit them, if i moved them in a few weeks id knock all the flowers off.

So i rigged up some galv fencing wire from the roof of the tent & moved the two plants underneath,
i use Velcro to hold them to the fencing wire (easy to adjust as the stem gets fatter).

blackprince12.jpg

blackprince13.jpg

Right im starving hungry, time for lunch,

Mezo.

Cool tomato rig, Mezo; You'll need the ladder to harvest!

Mezo, I just spent 3 hours yeterday and another 2 today checking out your glog. :shocked: is all I can say. The shear amount of plants and all the scrumptous pods, the smoking and drying equipment. Its like mad science for chileheads :lol: all the work you put into it, its awesome your reaping in the benefits 10 fold. This for sure an excellent glog, with a lot of great things to learn from. I'll be checking out periodically.

Mezo, I just spent 3 hours yeterday and another 2 today checking out your glog. :shocked: is all I can say. The shear amount of plants and all the scrumptous pods, the smoking and drying equipment. Its like mad science for chileheads :lol: all the work you put into it, its awesome your reaping in the benefits 10 fold. This for sure an excellent glog, with a lot of great things to learn from. I'll be checking out periodically.

Thanks Aaron i appreciate your kind words. :D

Im getting so hooked on these hot peppers, im cooking with them daily & my tolerance is going up day by day. :flamethrower:

Last night i had some leftover rump steak (already cooked) i sliced it in to thin slithers, warmed it slowly in the pan with some olive oil & half a dried Bhut, im thinking this is going to be hot, but strangely it wasn't?

Well obviously it was hot but ive been slowly increasing my hot chilli intake day by day.

So id like to announce im an official chilli head (never thought id be saying that) and im loving them.

Mezo.

Thanks Aaron i appreciate your kind words. :D

Im getting so hooked on these hot peppers, im cooking with them daily & my tolerance is going up day by day. :flamethrower:

Last night i had some leftover rump steak (already cooked) i sliced it in to thin slithers, warmed it slowly in the pan with some olive oil & half a dried Bhut, im thinking this is going to be hot, but strangely it wasn't?

Well obviously it was hot but ive been slowly increasing my hot chilli intake day by day.

So id like to announce im an official chilli head (never thought id be saying that) and im loving them.

Mezo.

HAHA:lol: that's awesome. This is my first year growing so I try to check out as many glogs as I can. This year seems to be a lot more glogs than normal, though, so its hard to hit all of them. With a set up like yours why wouldn't you eat them every day? :) I haven't had a super hot since the end of last season. I've had powders and sauces, but just its not the same as having a fresh or freshly dried pod. That's why I started growing, get good enough at it I'll be eaten super hots all year round :).
Anyways, thanks for keeping a guy like me enterained and look forward to more posts from you on your grow season.
Aaron

Mezo.

They say that admitting it is the first step in recovery but hey, who wants to recover from good chili's. Now if they could just do something about 2nd burn :mouthonfire:

Mezo....you are one determined SOB. Awesome stuff you have goin' on. Scoring those pots is awesome and having time to save baby birds while you are at it....that's a good man.

Dude, you are a soldier. You sleep in 37 degree whether, man I hope you have a herd of sheep sleeping with you then.

So many pepper plants....amazing.. Doin' a great job Mezo...take it easy on that ticker when need be. I know it's hard to stop the Mezo train once it's started.

Having to run your computer off of a battery and tether it to your iphone. Crazyness. I love all of the tenacity you have. Keep it up my friend. I'll be checking back in soon.

+1 King!

You have a great story going here, Mezo, my friend!

HAHA:lol: that's awesome. This is my first year growing so I try to check out as many glogs as I can. This year seems to be a lot more glogs than normal, though, so its hard to hit all of them. With a set up like yours why wouldn't you eat them every day? :) I haven't had a super hot since the end of last season. I've had powders and sauces, but just its not the same as having a fresh or freshly dried pod. That's why I started growing, get good enough at it I'll be eaten super hots all year round :).
Anyways, thanks for keeping a guy like me enterained and look forward to more posts from you on your grow season.
Aaron

Well that`s why i built my dryer, i was originally trying to find some local high heat organic powders (no luck) so i thought id grow my own & that's when i realized i need to be able to store them, no electric meant i couldn't freeze them so drying by the sun was my only option. It was great fun building it to be honest & i love using the thing, ive got to go empty it today.

And ive got at least two more lots to go in to the dryer, one end of this week (nice orange color) and another lot in two weeks, possibly may get three or four crops? ill take some shots later.

They say that admitting it is the first step in recovery but hey, who wants to recover from good chili's. Now if they could just do something about 2nd burn :mouthonfire:

Well that`s why i made that avatar with the flaming toilet bowl of molten lava, but my cousin said you only get ring stinger from eating the crap stuff (meaning synthetic artificially hot processed foods) and he was right on that count so far, very little 2nd burn.

2nd burn only hits me with certain peppers... Well, only the brain strain :D

Is that right? so different peppers can give me a ring stinger? so it was worth making the flaming toilet bowl avatar then. :party:

Mezo....you are one determined SOB. Awesome stuff you have goin' on. Scoring those pots is awesome and having time to save baby birds while you are at it....that's a good man.

Dude, you are a soldier. You sleep in 37 degree whether, man I hope you have a herd of sheep sleeping with you then.

So many pepper plants....amazing.. Doin' a great job Mezo...take it easy on that ticker when need be. I know it's hard to stop the Mezo train once it's started.

Having to run your computer off of a battery and tether it to your iphone. Crazyness. I love all of the tenacity you have. Keep it up my friend. I'll be checking back in soon.

Nealy lost "Lucky B" on the weekend, a little girls pet duck had been eaten by a fox & Trish (without telling me) had sold Lucky for $12 :tear: i said "you cant sell Lucky B, its my pet duck , i hatched it & raised it" :tear:

Danny (my mate & Trish`s partner) backed me up & said "you cant sell his Duck, he`s bonded with it, he talks to it every day" he went on,, "besides its famous now" what do you mean says Trish? he`s filmed it & posted it on his chilli thread. :D

Trish,, "Your F'in kidding me, you filmed the duck & posted it on the forum, so what am i going to tell this little girl?"

I said "tell her tough shit Lucky B`s not for sale" so she rang the little girl back & explained it was a mistake & wasn't for sale, "Booo Hooo i wanted Luck Ducky mummy (in the background) so we sold her another baby duckling & Lucky B`s now a permanent member of the community. :party:

Yeah yeah yeah, i know its a little girl & bla bla bla, don't care its my pet duck.

+1 King!

You have a great story going here, Mezo, my friend!

Cheers Paul.

Mezo.

Lmao. A mirror! I'm dyin' over here Mezo. He is a beauty though....If ya got it, flaunt it

Its for a real reason King, we had a duck born on Christmas eve (called him Jebus) and he was raised with baby chickens & still to this day he thinks he`s a chicken, wont mix with the ducks just hangs around with chickens.

So i thought if i put a mirror in with them as baby's they will get to recognize a duck (themselves) from a chicken & also its good company for them, they sit in front of that mirror all day long staring at themselves.

Mezo.

You know mezzo... I mean this in the best possible way... You remember from history - Nicola Tesla? Brilliant man, became an american, figured out everything he ever set his mind to?

He too had a love affair with a bird... A white pigeon. He was devastated when the pigeon would talk to other birds... Just don't follow the example of Tesla too closely my friend ;)

You know mezzo... I mean this in the best possible way... You remember from history - Nicola Tesla? Brilliant man, became an american, figured out everything he ever set his mind to?

He too had a love affair with a bird... A white pigeon. He was devastated when the pigeon would talk to other birds... Just don't follow the example of Tesla too closely my friend ;)

Yep know him well, had to study him (briefly) when training as an Electrician, he was the man who came up with AC (alternating current) which we still use to this day, and a whole heap of other inventions (radio etc) clever man.

Must be movie day today. :party:

Here is a short one on my nine Bhut`s still outside, im getting leaf drop big time yet strangely they are growing new growth & flowers at the top? im going to move the smaller plants inside but i dare not try to move the big ones as there is whey to many pods on there that would get knocked off.
Ive done one inside the tent as well, post that in a bit after some tucker.

Mezo.

Back