• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mezo`s "super hots" Glog including the 'big' solar dehydrator.

The is thread with the humungous solar dehydrator. :D

solardehydrator3.jpg

G-Day, im Mez or Mezo & im new to this part of Australia having come from Perth (Western Australia) where growing chili peppers is so easy (except the heat).

I live in the border ranges in northern New South Wales (bordering Queensland) and its a mixed bag of temperate & tropical conditions, the summers are very hot, wet & humid, the winters are dry & sunny.

Average daily temps.

averagedailytemp.gif

And average monthly rainfall.

averagemonthlyrain.gif

Aussies reading this will already know this, but people in other country's probably paint a picture of Australia as a hot dry/dusty land but this is far from the truth, up north its full blown tropics with a wet season & 100% humidity (yuck). Down south its freezing cold & snow during winter, out west its a dry heat like in the Mediterranean & in the middle of Australia is desert country.

So im now growing for the first time "Super hots" and for a very important reason, whilst working away in Perth i had a double heart attack wich has left me permanently disabled, sadly they are unable to operate on me (bypass/stent) as its to far gone, so having worked all my life (Electrician) im now at the age of 45 claiming a disability pension & i hate not being able to work.

Now i take shovel fulls of dam tablets to keep my heart pumping & id rather not be taking any but right now there no option i have to take them or ill drop dead on the spot. After much reading i found out that cayenne powder has all sort of benefits to your health & well being, especially to your cardio vascular system. I had read that cayenne powder can stop a heart attack in its track & i put this to the test (twice) and yes it does work where the medication (Nitrolingual) had no effect.

So anyone reading this who spots a friend having a heart attack just flick some chili powder in a glass of water as fast as you can & get them to drink in right down, fast. It works within 30 seconds of drinking it & it saved me from two more attacks already.

So there's my life story in a nutshell & some sound advice on how to save a heart attack victims life.
And this ladies & gentlymen is why im growing "Super Hots" to make high heat cayenne powder for cooking to improve my circulation/remove fats & as a "just in case of emergency"

OK on with the first of my "Hots" the Bhut Jolokia, the reason i chose this was simple i just Googled "whats the hottest chili" and up popped the result, however further reading on the interweb i found threads from this forum & names like the Butch T, the Douglah & Brain Strain.

So ive ordered them from pepperlover.com after so many people gave such great reviews, Bhut in the meantime lets look at my Jolokia`s.

Bhut2.jpg

Bhut6.jpg

Must admit i just love the shape & color of these babies.
icon_mrgreen.gif

More soon,

Mezo.

Damn, Meez, I can hear ya cutting them tanks from here! (at least I can in my head.... :lol:)

Should go off as beds though eh! :onfire:

They don't know what they're missing! ;) Personally I don't get it either.......

Superhots are the bomb gassy.... wellt he ones i've tried but I suppose I gotta agree with both of yas there are so many peppers out there and there is only so much you can do with super hots..

I hope you've got a bobcat organised to fil;l those tanks mez lol they are huge

OK guy's & gals, one last post for the evening & then im hitting the piss. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCurR7jL51c&feature=youtu.be

Its nighttime now & the fires are roaring, ive taken some nighttime bush burning pics ill post later.

Mezo.

Lolol Mezo. Loved the vid. Made me laugh. You have a great looking property. Lots and lots of land. Very nice. Keep us updated on your progress. I am super excited about your grow this year

Lolol Mezo. Loved the vid. Made me laugh. You have a great looking property. Lots and lots of land. Very nice. Keep us updated on your progress. I am super excited about your grow this year

Its not my property i just look after it for friends of mine, feed the animals etc & in return i get to live here for free. Its pretty basic living at the moment, no electric (still waiting to get connected) water comes out of the creek, clothes washed in a bucket, LoL

Wish it was mine though, id have the big bottom paddock ploughed & have a few million chilli`s growing down there, it may be an option in the future though?? these raised beds will give us hundreds of chilli`s & ill save all the seeds before going in the dryer.

Ideally id love to own the place next door (if i won lotto) its a magical place for growing stuff & sits on a plateau half way up a mountain, its frost free as well. :party:

You could grow chilli peppers up there on a mega scale (commercial size) there's even a growing machine sitting there idle, it was originally built to grow barley to feed the cows in the ten year drought & now is just sitting there doing nothing & it wasn't cheap to build either.

growingmachine2.jpg

growingmachine1.jpg

Its all controlled by computer & any growing condition can be set, its reverse cycle (heat & cools) and can even be used to dehydrate peppers.

growingmachine3.jpg

There are ferris wheels with big trays the rotate around to the top where water is sprayed on through small nozzles next to the grow lights.

growingmachine4.jpg

growingmachine5.jpg

You could germinate seedlings in here on a mammoth scale, perfect controlled growing conditions with no dam aphids.

Something to think about anyhow, if not just to dream about.

Mezo.

wowww Mez. That is perfect growing right there. Why isnt it being used for anything? Maybe you should talk to the owners since its just sitting neglected

I thought the owner was you letting you use it, Meez? Did he go back on his word?? Screw that! Use it anyway! Dreams can only come true if you make them do so...... :lol:

wowww Mez. That is perfect growing right there. Why isnt it being used for anything? Maybe you should talk to the owners since its just sitting neglected

The owner spoke to me after sampling some of Bhut powder, he said "we should be using my grow machine for chilli`s"
He thought you could grow chilli`s (fruit & all) but its only good for getting seedlings going.

I thought the owner was you letting you use it, Meez? Did he go back on his word?? Screw that! Use it anyway! Dreams can only come true if you make them do so...... :lol:

Like i said Gas it was just beer talk at the time, and even if we did use it to germinate thousands of chilli`s we need the seeds.
So the seeds from my harvest this year could be used in such a venture next year, we`ll have to have another chat over a few more beers i think. :party:

If it was my place id be germinating in that thing & planting them up there on this big flat bit he has, its ideal for the job.
Then you need pickers/packers & i thought backpackers would be ideal for that work (ex backpacker myself).

Something like Jeff`s setup but on a larger scale, then there`s marketing/website etc.

Mezo.

Beer talk, schmeer talk... chop chop and get onto it! :lol:

Nah, sounds like a lot of work and not something that is gonna happen overnight. Keep pluggin' at it though! I would love to see this happen for you. You'd have some awesome pics to share, that's for sure!

Reactions: nee
Beer talk, schmeer talk... chop chop and get onto it! :lol:

Nah, sounds like a lot of work and not something that is gonna happen overnight. Keep pluggin' at it though! I would love to see this happen for you.

Haaa "schmeer talk" its up to him Gas, if he wants the biggest chilli operation in Australia all he has to do is say so, im not going to pressure him im content with my little setup down yonder valley.

But yeah i do love a challenge & wouldn't it make a great story for sure, could do B&B for chillihead`s the world over. :party:

Mezo.

Oh no Mez, not old Geezer in the background. It's all about perspective and titles.

I said Titles not Ti, Oh never mind.

If he's the Chili King then you would be the Chili Kings Major Domo. A position of honor and import to the Chili Realm. Besides everyone that matters would know who the real king is.

You could probably work something out with some of the big sauce producers in Australia too. If. It for Venture Capital to help you buy the place if the owner is willing to sell. It to help provide seed to get the operation started.

I reckon 2 outa 3 likes chilli in Oz. Your right Mez, Asia would be the market to crack. But I reckon there's a bit of coin to be made here. You can charge more here too :)

I reckon 2 outa 3 likes chilli in Oz. Your right Mez, Asia would be the market to crack. But I reckon there's a bit of coin to be made here. You can charge more here too :)

We need more chillifest`s like they have in Perth, are there any going on in other cities in OZ?

Mezo.

Back