• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mezo`s "super hots" Glog including the 'big' solar dehydrator.

The is thread with the humungous solar dehydrator. :D

solardehydrator3.jpg

G-Day, im Mez or Mezo & im new to this part of Australia having come from Perth (Western Australia) where growing chili peppers is so easy (except the heat).

I live in the border ranges in northern New South Wales (bordering Queensland) and its a mixed bag of temperate & tropical conditions, the summers are very hot, wet & humid, the winters are dry & sunny.

Average daily temps.

averagedailytemp.gif

And average monthly rainfall.

averagemonthlyrain.gif

Aussies reading this will already know this, but people in other country's probably paint a picture of Australia as a hot dry/dusty land but this is far from the truth, up north its full blown tropics with a wet season & 100% humidity (yuck). Down south its freezing cold & snow during winter, out west its a dry heat like in the Mediterranean & in the middle of Australia is desert country.

So im now growing for the first time "Super hots" and for a very important reason, whilst working away in Perth i had a double heart attack wich has left me permanently disabled, sadly they are unable to operate on me (bypass/stent) as its to far gone, so having worked all my life (Electrician) im now at the age of 45 claiming a disability pension & i hate not being able to work.

Now i take shovel fulls of dam tablets to keep my heart pumping & id rather not be taking any but right now there no option i have to take them or ill drop dead on the spot. After much reading i found out that cayenne powder has all sort of benefits to your health & well being, especially to your cardio vascular system. I had read that cayenne powder can stop a heart attack in its track & i put this to the test (twice) and yes it does work where the medication (Nitrolingual) had no effect.

So anyone reading this who spots a friend having a heart attack just flick some chili powder in a glass of water as fast as you can & get them to drink in right down, fast. It works within 30 seconds of drinking it & it saved me from two more attacks already.

So there's my life story in a nutshell & some sound advice on how to save a heart attack victims life.
And this ladies & gentlymen is why im growing "Super Hots" to make high heat cayenne powder for cooking to improve my circulation/remove fats & as a "just in case of emergency"

OK on with the first of my "Hots" the Bhut Jolokia, the reason i chose this was simple i just Googled "whats the hottest chili" and up popped the result, however further reading on the interweb i found threads from this forum & names like the Butch T, the Douglah & Brain Strain.

So ive ordered them from pepperlover.com after so many people gave such great reviews, Bhut in the meantime lets look at my Jolokia`s.

Bhut2.jpg

Bhut6.jpg

Must admit i just love the shape & color of these babies.
icon_mrgreen.gif

More soon,

Mezo.

Just read this thread from the beginning. . you just took me on a wild ride Mezo.. Thanks for sharing.
We just caught the edge of that big storm and we are probably 30 k's as the crow flys from you.
Sorry to see the destruction.. I work out at Kyogle and would be interesting to have a beer one day..

Cheers and thanks again, Tim

Im 30 clicks north of Kyogle Tim (Gradys Creek) pop over im always here (except when i do my shop in Kyogle) got some spare plants here if you chasing any? need any ducks or chickens? or geese.

Mezo.

Ha.. have our own supply of chickens but would be interesting to see what you have .. the wife has about 50 chickens and have some turkeys and pigs. When I have some time I will pop out and bring you some seeds I have lying around.. will keep in touch.

Im just about to put Frizzle & Silky roosters on Gumtree ($10.00 ea) they had to be re-located out of suburbia due to noise.

And im putting ten geese on there (four months old) and we got hold of eight Guinea Fowl chicks on Friday to help keep the tick population down, apparently its good to keep them if you keep other birds.

Mezo.

the guinea fowl are cool, you keep them with your chickens. during the day they will wander round with the chickens scratching and eating. there good feature is if they see something they don't like (fox, snake, unfriendly dog) they go absolutely berserk and make a hell of a noise. they are like strapping a car alarm to your chickens :party:

Well we have eight small car alarms right now, very cute chicks with tiger stripes down them & not forgetting Tom the Indian Blue Peacock that perches high up in the tree at night, anything he hears or spots & he lets go with his alarm call, which in turn sets the Geese off followed by the ducks. LoL

Here are the Gosling`s for sale (four months old) we wait till the new year to advertise so they don't end up on the plate for Christmas dinner.

geese.jpg

Mezo.

I filmed this short movie even before i knew one would end being my dog, for sure i would have loved to scoop up one of these but i was trying to convince my cousin "Zoli" he needed one, he did but couldn't commit & the same for me at the time.

Circumstances changed & i could commit & support the pup.
Mezo.

better looking than my poor old girl at the moment, I noticed she was scratching alot and I though better get some revolution but before I did that I noticed on her backside shes got red scabs which would be mange so I've started treating for mange a few days ago shes clearing up but I gotta keep the treatment up to kill everything off think shes getting old plus giving her a bath is like pulling teeth

giving her a bath is like pulling teeth

I have to literally drag him by his collar to the shower, once he`s in there he`s as happy as Larry.

In reply to Gas,

We`ve got a big party happening here this winter Gas, you just need the right set of wheels to attend. ;)

Mezo.

I have to literally drag him by his collar to the shower, once he`s in there he`s as happy as Larry.

In reply to Gas,

We`ve got a big party happening here this winter Gas, you just need the right set of wheels to attend. ;)

Mezo.

Looks like I'm invited as long as I'm still working at the same place I get a holden colarado later this month

I'm so going out to get a bike now! :D So when in winter do I have until to get my bike license??

Seriously, we should have a SE QLD / NE NSW chillihead hook up! :party:

So I have to own a TÉNÉRÉ to become a member of your little motorcycle club? You gangs and your rules! :snooty:

Huge bonfire, aye? Just watch that grass, mate...... ;)
"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU LIGHT A FIRE!" :rofl:

Yeah you can hear Trish in that clip, Trish is Danny`s missus, Danny is my mate & we like Thumper`s. :party:

(Aussie Sheila accent) "that`s not how you lide a fire" :rofl:

You can probably hear Dan & myself tittering in the background? boys will be boys (titter) :party:

M.

I'm so going out to get a bike now! :D So when in winter do I have until to get my bike license??

Seriously, we should have a SE QLD / NE NSW chillihead hook up! :party:

Sounds good to me.. let me know when and where and i'll make time to be there.

The chilli is on the menu of course, entry is free on board a classic TÉNÉRÉ. ;)

Mezo.

Does this count as a classic ? I can bring the old bus out.

Does this count as a classic ? I can bring the old bus out.

Hey Frenzix....

I spotted "vw's" amongst your interests in your profile, but wasn't sure if you were into modern stuff, or the old stuff!!

Loving the bus mate.... My first car back in the UK was a 67 Beetle, then a 69 lowlight bus with a hightop roof. Kinda got out of the whole VW thing in the UK, as it was a constant battle with rust. Fast forward to us emigrating to Australia and my wife suggests we get another Beetle....so i picked this 67 up for around 2k and filled it full of hifi. (oops!)

37125_490146746814_6549286_n.jpg

37193_490146851814_4801178_n.jpg

28851_432227811814_8365496_n.jpg

Doesn't do it justice....but you get the idea i guess..
Wow Frenix...just been browsing your Youtube vids! What happened with that 54 Barndoor??! Man, that thing looks sick! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbUSBql6j24

OK you hippies, remember my Bhut Jolo experiment i had going with the prawn shells?

Well the plant with the shells has its first pod & the without shells has none.

bhutjoloexperiment6.jpg

Also the right plant (with shells & pod) the leaves look a darker green.

bhutjoloexperiment7.jpg

Cant wait to to a comparison blind taste test in a few months to see if its actually hotter with the prawn shells.

Mezo.

There you go Mezo, already you can tell the difference between the two... Nice lil pod, lookin like its going to be a burner...

Back