• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Yea, I think that is what it is also. Thanks Matt.

Thanks everyone for the weed cloth recommendation, I can get it at Lowes (yay for 10% off) so I think that is what I am gonna do. I went to work today at 4 am and it was 69 F. I am definitely lovin this weather. If all goes well, I will plant out not this weekend, but the next. My dad is on his way into town to see the baby and spend Easter with us, so I told him to bring outside work clothes....FILTHY outside work clothes.... :lol:

Taking a quick break from doing some micro-bio work to let you know that..

I hate you... lol, we had great weather up here last week, or no, the week before that, now it's back down to 30s at night and MAYBE 50s in the day, although it is going back to being mid to high 50s or low 60s this week and hopefully from now on just getting warmer, but it's still in the high 30s at night.. sometimes low 30s.

but anyways those spots are just really strange, I wouldn't think it looks like light burn,(although I am sure you already know, I just feel like adding some word space to your Blog :P ) I just got about 30 seedlings from orangehero the other week and put some of them under the LED, a few in the grow tent, and the rest in the shelf upstairs under the CFLs, but I noticed some getting leaf burn because they were under T8 flouros before, and the CFLs and LED is much stronger than what they were use to (my plants were sprouted and have always been under those lights so they are fine) but I had to back them up a little... POINT BEING (sorry for rambling) is that the light burn was more white spots, and I saw someone else on here with the same sunburn on their plants.. and even if it's edema those spots turn light yellow after, and eventually brownish, but not really dark brown/black or whatever that color is..

and yeah I think the curling is the humidity/watering, what is your humidity anyways in there? (sorry if you mentioned it in the video) I finally got most of my stuff under control and a few varieties just still are more susceptible to edema, and I think I can start to see a few tiny "bubbles" dots under the leaf from really slight edema..

I could be wrong, but worth a shot to check out, and really it's just something to remember for next time around.. since you are a lucky SOB and get to plant out in 2 weeks! they should t take off like a rocket then.. have fun with the digging, they all look great!

LOL, Good to know that I can still side track someone from learning (that was what my parents were told from all my teachers in High School....). I have checked closely the undersides of all the leaves and really haven't seen anything resembling edema. I have kept my eyes open and will continue to just to make sure I don't loose too much growth.

It is funny, the more I look at some other peoples GLogs, the more I start to spot a few little, we shall call them....."learning marks"....You know, stuff that you learn from.... I think that it all really comes down to not going overboard on your plants. They are pretty freaking resilient and can take a pretty good beating. I have like 120 plants (and have another dozen coming in from CCN this week, stby for Video and Review of their stuff), so I really shouldn't worry about every little thing. The bottom line is they are putting out new growth, and they are still vertical.

crap, I had everything typed up, then had some problems with the page, so copied it so I could close it and come back to it, but ended up copying the link from photobucket before pasting the reply back onto here first..
wall.gif
oh well..
(edit: realized there was no need for what I had and just decided to try to keep it shorter and get rid of what I had lol, sorry dude)
I was saying that you are right, and it is amazing how resilient these plants can be.

and I wasn't sure in the pic about the edema, it just looked like it might be tiny bumps in the last pic before the video on the underside of the curling leaf on the left side.. but like I said, its really hard to see and who knows really, since your not seeing any bumps yourself. but yeah, they should all "fix" themselves once they are outside I would think.. and even then you have way more than you are planting lol

It is funny, the more I look at some other peoples GLogs, the more I start to spot a few little, we shall call them....."learning marks"....You know, stuff that you learn from.... I think that it all really comes down to not going overboard on your plants.

exactly, I have noticed the same thing recently, which is why as long as the plants are mostly doing OK, I figure that they should be fine and am trying to not worry about them too much... lol, just happy to get the watering down so far for this year

Matt,
I,m looking forward to getting the plants out. Theres something magical about the rain. I can water ,water, and when the neighbors aren't looking water again. All that happens is rehydration, but when it rains the plants look happy afterward especially when the clouds break and the sun pokes through. The plants reach for the light and its amazing after a day or two how much of a growth spurt there is. When that happens I find myself dragging out the lawnmower........... :eek:
We have some of the best drinking water here, out of Lake Michigan, and having a great filtration plant helps. But when you have chlorine in the water the plants just seem to take a slow down. Top watering, Bottom watering................Undermount Sink.........Opps wrong topic, ..............lol

You will have some great progress from those 150+ plants once they're in the ground.....I can see some artistic photos just over the "Pepper-izon!"

Greg

[sup]Looking great Matt! I'm glad things are still going well for you. Bet your happy plant out is right around the corner. Sounds like were aimin for the same plant out dates too, should be good :) Are you putting everything in the ground this year? Sorry if you answered that already. I excited to see your CCN review, I ordered plants from Duffy last year since we just moved in and I didn't have time to start seeds, I'm interested to compare the two incase I or anyone else for that matter is ever in a situation like mine. Hope all is well dude![/sup]

[sup]Brandon[/sup]

Hey Matt you guys make me so damn paranoid with all your over watering top ive become an Underwatererererer. I think i end up wilting my plants everytime because im scared to water them. Let me know when you figure out how to find a happy medium :) Hey i know you said you are getting close to plant out. Have you picked a week yet?

Overwatering is tough to avoid!

I had some take up problems with my 4" pots, they were just too small to be holding plants for so long. The organics were mostly used up, and the root ball was too firm, and dried out quickly. I think my soil mix was too light on peat and perlite. Now I'm using a 1/3 compost and recycled potting soil, 1/3 peat, and 1/3 perlite and horticultural pumice which is a little heavier than perlite, but resists breaking up. I mention this, because the lighter mix soaks up water great in the solo cups. In the 1 gallon pots, I'll water top down, so I can control the volume of the water better.

When I transplanted into the 1 gals, I gave them 8 oz. of 1/2 strength transplanter. I'm going to give them another 8 oz. today or tomorrow, and then see where we're at. Now that we're in the greenhouse, watering on hot days will ramp up quite a bit.

Hope your paranoia subsides a bit, Matt and Britt! Your stuff looks great, so I think you will be just fine!

Matt,
I,m looking forward to getting the plants out. Theres something magical about the rain. I can water ,water, and when the neighbors aren't looking water again. All that happens is rehydration, but when it rains the plants look happy afterward especially when the clouds break and the sun pokes through. The plants reach for the light and its amazing after a day or two how much of a growth spurt there is.
Greg

I did a little research on this, and the gist is that rain water is rich in available Nitrogen, as well as having the right polarity to be attracted to the plant tissues. So I guess they are getting a foliar feed, as well as a watering! Nothing like mixed rain and sun!
Sorry for using your glog, Matt : )

Matt,
I,m looking forward to getting the plants out. Theres something magical about the rain. I can water ,water, and when the neighbors aren't looking water again. All that happens is rehydration, but when it rains the plants look happy afterward especially when the clouds break and the sun pokes through. The plants reach for the light and its amazing after a day or two how much of a growth spurt there is. When that happens I find myself dragging out the lawnmower...........
eek.gif

We have some of the best drinking water here, out of Lake Michigan, and having a great filtration plant helps. But when you have chlorine in the water the plants just seem to take a slow down. Top watering, Bottom watering................Undermount Sink.........Opps wrong topic, ..............lol

You will have some great progress from those 150+ plants once they're in the ground.....I can see some artistic photos just over the "Pepper-izon!"

Greg

Thanks Greg! I really can't wait to get em in the ground. I am chompin at the bits to do it, and hopefully in two weeks I won't have to worry much about the little idiosyncracies that come with indoor growing. I really can't wait to really see what my dSLR can do. It is a great camera, but I am most inspired by pod shots and really can't wait to get some of my own. I have seen Chris really rip em out all last year and can't wait to put my own little spin on things. Also, I should have some pretty interesting flowers on some of them and that will really be great to practice on.

[sup]Looking great Matt! I'm glad things are still going well for you. Bet your happy plant out is right around the corner. Sounds like were aimin for the same plant out dates too, should be good
icon_smile.gif
Are you putting everything in the ground this year? Sorry if you answered that already. I excited to see your CCN review, I ordered plants from Duffy last year since we just moved in and I didn't have time to start seeds, I'm interested to compare the two incase I or anyone else for that matter is ever in a situation like mine. Hope all is well dude![/sup]

[sup]Brandon[/sup]

Thanks Brandon, trust me, I am already starting my wish list for 2014, and most of the things I want are YOURS! :lol:

I am happy I have turned around a lot of the turmoil from earlier in the season, and can't wait to get these outside. I am planning on starting to harden them off next week, since I have a long weekend (have to be back on Wed), for a plant out the following weekend. Should have the garden just about prepped by Wed, that will give it a week or so to settle.

Overwatering is tough to avoid!

I had some take up problems with my 4" pots, they were just too small to be holding plants for so long. The organics were mostly used up, and the root ball was too firm, and dried out quickly. I think my soil mix was too light on peat and perlite. Now I'm using a 1/3 compost and recycled potting soil, 1/3 peat, and 1/3 perlite and horticultural pumice which is a little heavier than perlite, but resists breaking up. I mention this, because the lighter mix soaks up water great in the solo cups. In the 1 gallon pots, I'll water top down, so I can control the volume of the water better.

When I transplanted into the 1 gals, I gave them 8 oz. of 1/2 strength transplanter. I'm going to give them another 8 oz. today or tomorrow, and then see where we're at. Now that we're in the greenhouse, watering on hot days will ramp up quite a bit.

Hope your paranoia subsides a bit, Matt and Britt! Your stuff looks great, so I think you will be just fine!

I did a little research on this, and the gist is that rain water is rich in available Nitrogen, as well as having the right polarity to be attracted to the plant tissues. So I guess they are getting a foliar feed, as well as a watering! Nothing like mixed rain and sun!
Sorry for using your glog, Matt : )

Funny you should mention this....

I know that I have accredited PROMIX to pretty much saving everything, but I am not 100% that I am gonna go this way next time. I am sure that I overwater. I am certain, there is no getting around it, I KILLED MY PLANTS! BUT PROMIX is very, very easy to overwater. It soaks up water like a sponge, and has the tendancy to keep it. I think that is what has screwed some of my bigger plants.

The two worst ones were the TS Red and the Brain (I am pretty disappointed because the TS Red was doing SOOOO well) I replanted into another pot. When I pulled them out of the pot, the soil was soaking wet. There was a pretty decent rootball, but it was wraped around a pretty dense group of wet soil. I cleared the roots, and repotted into a dry pot and watered it in. If they dont make it, oh well, I have a few others that are looking pretty good. But this brings up the fact that I need to shift something with the PROMIX. I ran into this problem last year with outdoor containers. It just holds too much moisture. I mixed in some pearlite and I guess I didn't mix in enough. I am thinking of finding some other soil for next time, or doing some sort of measured mixture.

What do ya think?

On another note, I have been on the rifle range all week and that equates to REALLLLLLLYYY long days. About 3 AM wake up to 7 or 8pm getting home. This leaves me with A LOT of catchin up! For MOST threads, I only have a few replies that I gotta go through, but I am sure that there will be like 4 or 5 pages between Paul and Shane's stuff....Gotta love it. ANYWAYS, I decided to add 2 hours of darkenss to my schedule. I am trying to get more towards our daylight/nighttime hours. This brings me to 16/8 (5am-9pm on). Also, I am feeding about 1/2 strength every other watering FROM THE TOP. lol.

Thanks for watchin everyone.

But this brings up the fact that I need to shift something with the PROMIX. I ran into this problem last year with outdoor containers. It just holds too much moisture. I mixed in some pearlite and I guess I didn't mix in enough. I am thinking of finding some other soil for next time, or doing some sort of measured mixture.

What do ya think?

after changing my mixes around alot, going from MG potting mix with about 50% perlite added, which drained well, but most of it was perlite.. so that kind of sucked, then perlite with MG potting mix and vermiculite "fine" which was heavy, and a bunch of others until I have started making my own mix which I have changed around 3 different times while potting up different plants and I have what I think is a really good mix now, still trying to figure out if it drains too much or not. but it has plently of soil in it, and some peatmoss, and it does hold water well for the most part, I think I am just not use to it draining really well..

but anyways, add pine bark chips/fines, Dale, (Baker's Peppers) uses it and I am glad I decided to copy him, even though using it is no secrete, I just wouldn't have thought about it until he had mentioned it in one of the threads, maybe his glog or a soil thread, not sure. ..

just ask in the store for the really really tiny pine bark mulch.. they look like shavings almost if you haven't seen them before.. but I have about 40% in my mix now and it's really good with about 25% peat moss and then the rest some soil/compost and some wood ashes and some vermiculite "coarse", and stuff like that. but so far so good, still have to see how it works in the long run, but if anything, add like 20-30% pine bark mulch/fines to your mix and just don't add any more perlite than what is already in the Promix and you should be good to go. I just noticed that perlite just takes up space, doesn't add good drainage unless you add a whole lot, and a lot of it just floats to the top eventually and lets the soil below it compact more..

and best part, is that it's pretty cheap. $6 for a 4 cu ft bag up here. should be able to find it for that cheap if not cheaper down there

I know that I have accredited PROMIX to pretty much saving everything, but I am not 100% that I am gonna go this way next time. I am sure that I overwater. I am certain, there is no getting around it, I KILLED MY PLANTS! BUT PROMIX is very, very easy to overwater. It soaks up water like a sponge, and has the tendancy to keep it. I think that is what has screwed some of my bigger plants.

The two worst ones were the TS Red and the Brain (I am pretty disappointed because the TS Red was doing SOOOO well) I replanted into another pot. When I pulled them out of the pot, the soil was soaking wet. There was a pretty decent rootball, but it was wraped around a pretty dense group of wet soil. I cleared the roots, and repotted into a dry pot and watered it in.

That was probably the best thing you could have done. I bet they will come back for you. I notice that my soil mix (1/3, 1/3, 1/3)
also holds the water, but that's not awful if I don't add more on top. I wish I could easily weigh the gallon pots and compare to a dry weight like we can do with the party cups.

If they dont make it, oh well, I have a few others that are looking pretty good. But this brings up the fact that I need to shift something with the PROMIX. I ran into this problem last year with outdoor containers. It just holds too much moisture. I mixed in some pearlite and I guess I didn't mix in enough. I am thinking of finding some other soil for next time, or doing some sort of measured mixture.

What do ya think?

Go for it! A lot of people here seem to like Happy Frog - maybe you could try to match up with their mix. Growing in containers exacerbates these kinds of things - makes for more watchful eyes. I think cultivating the soil surface whether in containers or in the ground is a necessity. In my big containers, I cultivate weekly at the beginning of the summer, and then every time it rains. My irrigation is drip/soaker.

On another note, I have been on the rifle range all week and that equates to REALLLLLLLYYY long days. About 3 AM wake up to 7 or 8pm getting home. This leaves me with A LOT of catchin up! For MOST threads, I only have a few replies that I gotta go through, but I am sure that there will be like 4 or 5 pages between Paul and Shane's stuff....Gotta love it. ANYWAYS, I decided to add 2 hours of darkenss to my schedule. I am trying to get more towards our daylight/nighttime hours. This brings me to 16/8 (5am-9pm on). Also, I am feeding about 1/2 strength every other watering FROM THE TOP. lol.

How come so much range time? Are you an instructor? Sorry about all the glogginess. I'd like to blame Shane, but I already blame him for so much stuff, I feel kind of bad :D I'm down to 16/8 on my indoor plants, too. I didn't get it down to 13/11 like it is outside, but it's been so cloudy I don't think it matters! It's okay if you're a top waterer, you're among friends. Hope you get to stand down a tad for the weekend.

Thanks for watchin everyone.

Sounds good. I think I will give it a shot, or at least see if I can find it.

I have to go get all my ingredients for the TD tomorrow. Pork Belly isn't easy to find, so I have about a 2 hour round trip drive ahead of me. I have an ingredient list about 45 or 50 long, and need to get started tomorrow night by about 10pm for a Saturday night service. The good news is there is a nursery around where I am getting the grown up bacon. I may stop in.

I am not an instructor, just had a lot of range quals before this upcoming deployment.

I have heard a lot about the Happy Frog, or at least seen a lot of people use it. I don't have THAT big of an issue in my 2.5 inch pots, but there are about 3 or 4 that seem to retain more water than others. I think that it just becomes a much bigger issue the bigger the pot. I think for my containers this season I am gonna go to a local nursery and pick up their container mix. Next season I grow I will do some in PROMIX, and some in another mix to try to find my preference. I plan on making a "life" out of this hobby growin...so I have plenty of time to practice and tweak.

Good luck in the TD brother! I got family coming in or I might whip something up. I'd really like you to get one of those fiery crowns!

I think that it just becomes a much bigger issue the bigger the pot. I think for my containers this season I am gonna go to a local nursery and pick up their container mix. Next season I grow I will do some in PROMIX, and some in another mix to try to find my preference. I plan on making a "life" out of this hobby growin...so I have plenty of time to practice and tweak.

Good point, I hadn't thought about the size of the pot making a difference.
You've got the right attitude - in it for the long haul!
Good luck with the TD - I'll be looking for your entry!

Matt, keep me posted on what soils you try if any. I'm going to have to pick up another 1.5 cu ft bag this weekend from whatever hydro place around here I can find. The local garden shops haven't pleased me with their selection. I had such good results with the FF Ocean Forest this year that I'm considering testing out Happy Frog as well. Might just go get more Ocean Forest. I'll be planting a couple of large containers this year (mainly what I'll overwinter) but I have a few stragglers that are begging me to repot them. I'm still testing out the potting mix from my local nursery.

Good point, I hadn't thought about the size of the pot making a difference.

yeah that's the issue I'm having, I love the mix I have now, but I think it is best for 1 gallon pots or larger, the party cups I have them in now are great, but the water runs through it crazy fast.. but then again, the soil is still moist, I might just have to water them every couple days.. which now that I think about it, is about normal.. I guess I just haven't had to worry about party cups in a month or so, and have been worrying about the gallon containers and seedlings so much I forgot the water schedule with the party cups

im tellin' yeah, pine bark mulch is awesome haha.. and any nursery should have it Matt if you want to check it out, I got mine at Agway, not sure if you have those down there, but test things out and see what you like, I just personally really like what I have so far

WHAT UP HOME SLICEZZZ!!

Time for an update. The weather has been lookin up, so today I brought my babies outside and let em get a tan. I had them outside for about 6 hours or so on the front porch under shade. I let the bigger ones get some sun for about an hour, then moved them into the shade. They took it really well, so I am planning on bringing them out every day (weather permitting) until I plant them out. I wanted to get out in the garden today, but I got all the stuff and wasn't able to get out there. Tomorrow after Mass and lunch, hopefull, my dad and I could get out there and start to break ground. Anyways....here are some pics for yall

25adc68b.jpg

b6c1f1e1.jpg

f80d5645.jpg

d322982d.jpg

0524ade4.jpg

4aa5b5b2.jpg

And here is a video for ya!

As for the TD, I decided not to enter. I took the challenge the wrong way, and don't really feel about getting into a pissing match about semantics. I want to cook Ramen, not hide it in something else and call it a day. Instead I have been cooking for a day an a half for a Golden house Ramen feast. Stby for pics a little later!

Great looking starts Mgold! I love the Maui Purple too! Good luck with your weather and season too. Think I might make some Ramen now!

Mike

I saw at least 1 yellow leaf on your biker billys...fail! :rofl: Looking great man! Can't wait to see what you dig up out in the garden! Enough bad puns...your ramen dish looks almost as good as the one I would have entered. I really appreciate that 10% at Lws and Homey D...yesterday I felt kinda cheap because they had a bag of soil that was ripped open and I asked it they would discount it, they agreed, but when I got up there they only offered 10% and then wouldn't discount it further for my Military discount...The poor girl didn't understand how that didn't work out for me...I tried to explain that I could get a brand new unopened bag for the same price. Ughhh...I'm such a cheap bastard.

Glad the weather is looking up for you! Your plants look great and are gonna go crazy with some real sunlight. Things are gonna start changing quick all over this site...don't know how we're all gonna keep up with it and picking all the peppers too! I'm sure we'll manage ok! I ate one of the 7 pots yesterday...OMFG felt a bit like I accidentally grabbed my OC instead of Binaca.

Great looking starts Mgold! I love the Maui Purple too! Good luck with your weather and season too. Think I might make some Ramen now!

Mike

Thanks Mike! It is such a relief that after all the ones I killed, it looks like I may have a decent plantout after all....

You guys ever have one of those mornings? You know, when you wake up you just feel like it is gonna be a good day? Well that is how I feel this morning. I figured it would be too cool for the next few days to let my little ones out for the morning sun, but I woke up today and to my surprise it was beautiful. Mid 60s and no wind. So, yesterday they got some shade and today they get to feel some sun. The spot will get shade in the next few hours as the sun moves, but right now thew are gettin a taste.

7ee45ab2.jpg

And Emmy is sitting at the door intimidating all the bugs away...

eef7cccc.jpg

I plan on taking a few photos of specific plants in the next day or so, but with Family, the baby, anf the 6 pound Honeybaked ham in the fridge, I will have to fit it in...

I saw at least 1 yellow leaf on your biker billys...fail! :rofl: Looking great man! Can't wait to see what you dig up out in the garden! Enough bad puns...your ramen dish looks almost as good as the one I would have entered. I really appreciate that 10% at Lws and Homey D...yesterday I felt kinda cheap because they had a bag of soil that was ripped open and I asked it they would discount it, they agreed, but when I got up there they only offered 10% and then wouldn't discount it further for my Military discount...The poor girl didn't understand how that didn't work out for me...I tried to explain that I could get a brand new unopened bag for the same price. Ughhh...I'm such a cheap bastard.

Glad the weather is looking up for you! Your plants look great and are gonna go crazy with some real sunlight. Things are gonna start changing quick all over this site...don't know how we're all gonna keep up with it and picking all the peppers too! I'm sure we'll manage ok! I ate one of the 7 pots yesterday...OMFG felt a bit like I accidentally grabbed my OC instead of Binaca.

I freakin love the discount, especially with big purchases, it really adds up! Are you using bagged soil to ammend your groundsoil, or is that for the containers? I cant wait to see the changes the sun brings. Pretty freakin excited. I was planning on working in the garden yesterday, but I spent to much time in the kitchen. Cole kept us up all night last night, so the 1100 Mass just got pushed to 1230....Hopefully, after the late lunch, I can squeeze a few hours in their with my dad digging. Funny that you mentioned cheap.....when we went to Lowe's yesterday to pick up garden tools, I gathered everything I have bought there that doesnt work, or is broken and exchanged it for store credit....Gotta love no reciept=store credit! Spent under 100, and all I need now is the weed cloth and to find some compost for a decent price.

I use last years potting soil added to compost for the beds and the new stuff in containers. I add a little of that compost, a couple handfuls of peat moss and some time released stuff to my transplant holes at plant out...now if we could just get wally world to spring for that 10% Military Discount we would be set!

Back