• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

I'd debate that best wife thing with you...but pretty sure we'd end it in a stalemate! Couldn't do it without her. From diligently opening and closing my makeshift greenhouse through January/February and now with watering for me daily...she's a keeper! Yours ain't doing too bad either! I don't know how many Christmases we spent a ton of $$$ for the kids to play with the boxes the toys came in. They're way past that now...Hope you have a great father's day in spite of being away from the fam, dunno how many times I have been in the same boat. Think this will be my first one home in 5 years???

I almost was sorry for sending you the Yellow Scorps and feeding the addiction last year and now am quite jealous of your set-up. Keep up the good work and vid production. +10

Well it is getting down to crunch time. I should be home on Saturday and Inam sure that my Sunday will be the first day to really get back into the garden. My wife has been checkin on the plants daily, and says there are a tin of green pods everywhere, so hopefully I can come home to some starting to change color.

July is gonna be pretty busy as well, gonna do a few days in Charleston SC for the 4th, then off to DC for a week. I think the wife is gonn meet me up there at the end of the week so we can spend a day or so checking out museums and the zoo. So, I won't really get much time in the garden until the last few weeks of July into the first week of August.

But that's not such a bad thing, cuz then I won't overlove them and kill them, instead it is like nature intended.

Thanks for stopping in, and by Sunday night there will be a substantil update.

Alrighty you sickos, time for some pron.
We got hit pretty hard with rain from what the wife told me. It's ok, cuz I got some color!

1b678e47.jpg

Red Brain

eb7ff856.jpg

I am not sure what this is. The wife didnt label it.

e802d64f.jpg

Red Hab

3238c946.jpg

And a quick side shot.

I am freaking excited about getting home. I have a ton of work (as you can see) like weeding and cleaning out the garden. I am told that there are about 3 dozen biker Billy's on the plants right now, which means Sunday BBQ with poppers!

When I get back im gonna take a ton of photos and do a video update.

Thanks for sticking around and I promise I will make up for the last 3 weeks of nothing.

Those aren't weeds - you're just fostering an ecosystem :)

Looking good! Those brain strains look mean - all wrinkly and angry. have fun with those! And get home safe.

looks awesome man! I got mine in about.. 2 weeks ago I think, and they are just starting to really boom. but yours are taking off like crazy. Can't wait to see a bunch of pics of everything!

Thanks for all the great comments everyone! I got home late last night and I did have enough time to grab one of the ripe Biker Billys off the plant and stick it on my pizza, great touch!

In my wife's infinite knowledge, we have a photo session for Cole's 3 month. Not too much an issue, but it is at 9 am! That means 6 am Cali time. Back that up for feeding him and getting ready, add hangover for the 5 fingers of Jameson, and I am just peachy. :lol:

Good news is that I will have the whole afternoon to weed, mow, and photo. I am freakin antsy, when I looked out the window this morning, I thought I was in a different yard. The garden was that different.

I'll post tonight, when everything looks good and presentable. Hopefully there is people chillen in the chat, cuz that 10 pic limit is gonna get smoked!

Peace love and chicken grease.

Lookin forward to sensory overload on you glog brudda! Gotta put that baby and momma first for sure this morning. If I'm on I'll bump your posts for ya!

Ladies and Germs! Gather round, it is time for an update that will suck up all your bandwith!!

First some stupid words....

I appreciate the support, I have been playing adult for the past 3 weeks...I THOUGHT I was gonna be in Pendleton, BUT ended up in FT Irwin (National Training Center). Just google "Hell", and you won't be far off...The temps were over 100 every day, the base was in the middle of nowhere, and there is nothing like waking up at 5 to work from 6-2am....BUT, I am back to a crazy amazing garden FULL of pods begging to ripen. I have to thank the wife for that. She managed to make sure that nothing died, and the ones that were "hurting", weren't her fault. They needed a bit of food and a little less water (so if anyone is to "blame", it is God...but I don't want to get struck down, so it was the "perfect" amount of water)....

Anyways, for an observation. If you are going to be busy, plants in the ground do much better left to their own devices... The only plants that were yellowing, or looking "sad" were in the pots. They were first to explode, but now the in ground plants are doing much better. I think that they just need a bit more micromanagement.

When I finally got into the yard today, I spent a good half day weeding, cleaning, and feeding everything. I gave them all full strength fish ferts, and foliar fed everything. We got a crazy bad TStorm tonight, so it helped to water everything. Hopefully I come home next weekend (heading to Charleston for the 4th) to much greener plants and some more color!

Anyways, enough of this reading crap, time for some PRON!!!!

Here is an overview shot of the whole operation
4b4716e8.jpg

This is a "ButchT" that looks like it has been crossed with something. I pulled the seeds out of BT pods I got from ChadS. Looks pretty interesting..
6cbead93.jpg

Judy's Red TS
b4f88540.jpg

TSMB
78909a32.jpg

Naga Morich, this little thing has gone through HELL an looks like it is doing great. It is loaded down with pods, even though it is only a foot or so tall.
13428764.jpg

BJ Brown
fa66c0f6.jpg

BJ IC
a1c88e44.jpg

0c6648a2.jpg

7 Pot Red
695b6f61.jpg

862c93ba.jpg

Plenty More! Can someone give me a BUMP!

7 Pot White
97c0ef1d.jpg

7 Pot Primo Baby
f17d0d85.jpg

7 Pot Barrakpore
ed86a282.jpg

7 Pot Jonah
947c7efe.jpg

Douglah
ae1932ac.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow
8bd3581d.jpg

"NOT" Brain Strain Red. This may actually be a TS Red...we shall see....
b43b2c10.jpg

These are two Infinities on the same plant. Looks pretty cool, I am excited to see how the rest turn out!
3323ad62.jpg

7f9309bf.jpg

Jamie's Choco Habs are freakin BLOWING UP!
c80db58d.jpg

Thanks Brian and Shane! I got one more set if someone could hook a brotha up!

Back