• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mich 2011

Time will tell, I guess. ;)

I'm not really too concerned though as it is a sub-tropic climate here. :D

I've also heard of others from around here starting around this time too.

My Friend JungleRain (http://www.thehotpepper.com/user/1952-junglerain/) said he's starting in 3 weeks, but he's from Victoria... i really don't know if it is near you (same Klima?) or where........ But i think you've got a better Klima than me eheheh!!!

looks like you'll get a huge harvest mich! your light set up is awsome. hope your season goes well.

Thank you very much!

The last 2 seasons i had a lot of problems with meteo, but now i buyed a "no-hail-web" (???).

If the season 2011 will go in a perfect way i think i will harvest about 150 kg peppers.... so.... i hope! :)

Thanks again!

My Friend JungleRain (http://www.thehotpepper.com/user/1952-junglerain/) said he's starting in 3 weeks, but he's from Victoria... i really don't know if it is near you (same Klima?) or where........
I live much further up north in Queensland. (Closer to the equator. :D)

But i think you've got a better Klima than me eheheh!!!
Yes, but it looks like a very nice place where you live! I bet that what it lacks in good climate, it makes up for in beauty.

Ok, let's go!

These are the first 38 plants ready to.... grow... and to be finally protected!
It is the first time i do something like this to give protection!

post-299-1304778413.jpg

post-299-1304778418.jpg

post-299-1304778423.jpg

post-299-1304778431.jpg

Now i began to repotting for the second piece of my growing situation: the plants will be about 57, then the 3th and the 4th....

Olé! :cool:

I sit in awe every time i read your log.. beautiful plants beautiful scenery you have it all.
Best of luck to you and your grow.

Thank you very much, to everybody :)

Tomorrow i can't work on repotting because i go to the bigger peppers farm of the world, not for space but for number of varieties in field: 502 varieties, about 50'000 peppers plant. Here: http://www.stuard.it/page.asp?IDCategoria=562&IDSezione=2978&ID=311577

But with AISPES we have began the same work in Roma: for 2011, 250 varieties :)

So, when i'll come back, the repotting of all other plants are very important, i have to work fast.... stay tuned, my friends! :)

And thanks again! :)

fantastic looking grow operation.

please tell us what is up with the few :crazy:
plants that have a white plastic bag on them?

are they being treated or what is the deal with the bags?

Whoa! That's a big list you've got there! Awesome variety!
What's this 'Strange Jolokia' riff raff?

Thank you very much!

The Strange Jolokia AISPES is a cross between Bih Jolokia Assam Frontal Agritech and an unknown (maybe Fatalii) pepper.
So, seeing the fantastic variety F1 on last season, me and AISPES (www.aispes.com) are make a stabilisation on the variety.
I gave the name Strange Jolokia AISPES, cause it's really strange (and very good!) ;)

fantastic looking grow operation.

please tell us what is up with the few :crazy:
plants that have a white plastic bag on them?

are they being treated or what is the deal with the bags?

Thank you very much!

The "bags" are not plastic, it is the way to preserve the pure varieties and not to have hybridations ;)

I don't remember the name in english, but in italian it's "Tessuto non tessuto" (sounds like "non-tissued-tissue).
The weight is 17 gr / m2.

ah i understand now.

you have made a barrier method for pure breeding

we have something called goretex that is a breathing type

of fabric.

so, as i had suspected you are not really fond of open pollination

or maybe you are collecting the pollen to cross with something

also possible to do both make pure seeds in the "chambers" and collect pollen for crosses

THANK YOU for answering my questions :dance:

ah i understand now.

you have made a barrier method for pure breeding

we have something called goretex that is a breathing type

of fabric.

so, as i had suspected you are not really fond of open pollination

or maybe you are collecting the pollen to cross with something

also possible to do both make pure seeds in the "chambers" and collect pollen for crosses

THANK YOU for answering my questions :dance:

Thanks again to you!

So, the bags are in "Non-wolve", i think it is the correct word.

You got the reason! I make crosses to get "new" varieties and i save others for pure breeding.
I do manual impollination too, between "sister-plants". So, not only with the bags. I prefere, in fact, to take the pollen from a plant and manual impollinate the same other plant.

Sorry for my bad technical-english! :lol:

Back