food MikeUSMC: "Bury Me in Smoke"

Mornin'!

Ok, so I'm right at the 14 hour mark, and I think I'm in pretty good shape.

Smoker temp is running right around 200*, and there's still about 25% of the snake left. Internal temp is at 193*, so technically, it's probably done. I'm gonna let this snake run its course, then light another smaller snake to try to get me through until about 10 or 11am, and get the internal temp closer to 200*. Even if it's not "cooking" it anymore, just to keep it warm until I'm ready to wrap it

Just spritzed with some more apple juice and the bark is looking pretty good
IMG_6124.JPG

I slept like shit and have a pounding headache, haha :drunk:
Time for some covfefe, lol. I hope Terry had a better night than I had ;)

Can't thank you guys enough for the help last night! You guys rock

2 batches of slaw; one is Meathead's recipe, and the other (purple) I wanna give a shoutout to Pookie, for giving me the idea to toss the cabbage in the last of my Sam & Oliver's "Molten Gold" sauce. Thanks, Boss! That was a great idea! I'm gonna have to order some more of that soon. That stuff is bangin' and it's out of this world in the slaw!

Meathead's dressing recipe for slaw:
Ingredients for the dressing
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon whole celery seeds (not celery salt)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (corn oil or salad oil mix are good choices)
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar (not cider vinegar)

Bagged slaw cuz I'm running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep, hahaha
IMG_6127.JPG

Yeah that stuff is great slaw dressing if I remember I usually add a touch of mayo just to cut it a bit but it needs nothing else! Touch of sugar if you like it sweet. Yup, you should dig. Both look great.

MikeUSMC said:
2 batches of slaw; one is Meathead's recipe, and the other (purple) I wanna give a shoutout to Pookie, for giving me the idea to toss the cabbage in the last of my Sam & Oliver's "Molten Gold" sauce. Thanks, Boss! That was a great idea! I'm gonna have to order some more of that soon. That stuff is bangin' and it's out of this world in the slaw!

Meathead's dressing recipe for slaw:
Ingredients for the dressing
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon whole celery seeds (not celery salt)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (corn oil or salad oil mix are good choices)
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar (not cider vinegar)

Bagged slaw cuz I'm running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep, hahaha
attachicon.gif
IMG_6127.JPG

Freaking Excellent....I was wanting a slaw recipe for the porkbutt sammies and was undecided.

I have a brand new bottle of the Molten gold also on pookies recommendation.

Yeah you didn't think that through did ya :lol:

I don't have a team in this. I usually pick during the game. Depends on how it's going lol... I'd like to see a close game. If it's a blowout I'd like to see the other team come back... etc. I do like the SB, just not a sports fan overall. It's good TV.

Back