• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mill's 2011

Thats what I thought when I started these. I need to do a water change on the big one here in the next couple days, I will have some good shots of the super chili.

Noah . Your plants look awesome. I gotta ask though . How do you train your insects to eat the plastic leaves. LOL :dance: And that Bonsai is almost too big to be a bonsai anymore.

Everything looks really good. That rhomb is pretty cool. How tall did that tree hab get last season? Sorry to hear about the bacterial leaf spot.

Noah . Your plants look awesome. I gotta ask though . How do you train your insects to eat the plastic leaves. LOL :dance: And that Bonsai is almost too big to be a bonsai anymore.

I know, I am thinking that I need to find a better plant with smaller pods for a nice bonchi instead of a bhut. I will probably end up potting this guy up and let him have a go at full size.

Man that Goats Weed looks cool! When ya gonna give that guy some sun? :lol: Your garden is thriving man!! :cheers:

After it sets pods inside so I can have some pure seed from it. That is my plan this year. It is taking about 4 months from seed to seed on these indoor plants so I am going to keep rotating plants till I get all the pure seed I need for the next few years. The super chili is about to ripen up a few pods so it is going to the front porch probably in 2 weeks.

Everything looks really good. That rhomb is pretty cool. How tall did that tree hab get last season? Sorry to hear about the bacterial leaf spot.

Im not too worried about the bacterial spots, its been around before and it will go away. It had been very very wet for the last week or so. The tree hab almost hit 9 feet last year. I am thinking that it will get to be about 9 feet by october and then it puts on a growth spurt so hopefully 11-12 feet this year.

Was watering tonight and changing the res in the dwc and took a couple few pictures.

Just looks cool with the little drop

SDC11778.jpg

Super Chili roots

SDC11758.jpg

SDC11757-1.jpg

How do you sleep at night? lol Your thumb must look like a green nite light.
Great set up...I love the dwc setup, and have been thinkin of puting up my 4x4 flood table.
I dont want to run my 1k because of the heat and cost.

Ive been doing the research on upgrading my lighting to a 400 watt metal halide or a 6 bulb t5. Either way it will increase my indoor grow size and I am going to hook up 3 of those smaller rubbermade dwc systems.

You outta check out a RDWC system if you are gonna use mutable dwc units.
But if your growing different plants you cant taylor the need of specific/ picky plants.
One may want more of one nutrient than the other.
I have 2 4' 4bulb t-5's They do a good job. But I dont know how well they will grow a full term pepper plant.
I am going to keep some bhuts and a couple Jamaican reds under it to see this season.
I would recommend the t-5 simply because of ventilation with the 400.

If I had more room I would think about it. Right now I have maybe 25 bucks in all of it minus the lights. I also never check ph or ec. On the two tiny one I just add nutes if they run low and dump what's left when I do the big one and on the big one it gets swapped out every 10 days or so. I was thinking of doing a bigger nft system outdoors next summer so if that happens then I will probably upgrade inside at the same time. Also, I have no doubt the T5 can grow a plant to maturity, but all I'm doing on the indoor peppers is trying for pure seed. I'm not trying to harvest a crop...yet...

Ahh i see. I might have to split my t-5's into separate spaces. I was wondering how I was going to make pure seed.
I didnt think about doing it inside.

Yeah route, that is what I am doing with all these inside plants. I have had too many issues of saving my own seeds and planting them the next year only to find out they have crossed.

Thanks Patrick. It always has a way of turning back around for me, thankfully. I need to get out and get some pictures going again here soon. Things are popping up everywhere.

Back