• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mill's 2013

Well I managed to totally ignore my grow this past year. Had some great harvest of some great types but didn't have a lot of time to get pictures up and stuff like that. 2013 will probably be more of the same with a daughter due at the end of Feb but I will try and keep it updated.

Pics to close out '12 and ring in '13...

Sprouting some Reapers I won in a giveaway.

DSCF0099_zps7acc6480.jpg

Planted about 10 days ago

DSCF0088_zps1f4e7715.jpg

Baby C. Lanceolatum(lets try this one more time...).

DSCF0092_zpsa1867e65.jpg

How tiny it actually is, 2oz solo cup, Reaper behind.

DSCF0094_zps154cbda9.jpg

Those two are in a cabinet I built a few years back with 4-23watt cfls and reflective insulation lining the sides. It also houses an overwintering C. Rhomboideum which has seen better days.

DSCF0087_zps7683805b.jpg

Here are the lights.

DSCF0086_zps6cc06182.jpg

That is one of two cabinets I have going, the other has in it a Wild Texas Tepin and one 65watt cfl in a reflector. This one is going to become a bonchi for my wife's desk at work.

DSCF0085_zps4acf849d.jpg

DSCF0084_zps085a2cf4.jpg

DSCF0095_zpsa88658be.jpg

Other than that its finally slowing down around here before classes start back up in early Jan so I have time to prep the rest of the overwinters.

DSCF0098_zps91298793.jpg

Thanks portuge. Its the first time in 4 years ive actually harvest some compost. It got all rolled and balled up while shaking through my sifter but it has an awesome texture.

A lot of effort went into those beds. Reminds me of how much work is yet ahead of me.

Ive been out there 3-4 hours a day during the week and 8-10 on weekends for about a month. Hopefully it will make much less work during the season but we shall see. It is much cleaner down there now and the brush pile that i removed had some amazing dirt under it after a few years of decomp.

Damn right, you act like you don't have any extra time or something lol. Our wee one turns 10 months in a couple weeks. I sure don't miss those nights of little sleep

Lot's of work put into cleaning up the wild area, but hey you're young :D

When you're my age you'll go buy a tractor...LOL

Looking good! You shouldn't be too far off to dirt day eh?

Im gonna wait for second week in may or so. I could really have them in already but im lazy. Ha ha.

I didnt want to use the tractor so I could preserve the great soil under the pile.

Thanks everyone. She is awesome. 10 weeks old and already sleeping 8-10 hours through the night.

First AACT of the season. Couple small scoops of fresh compost and worm castings with some grass clippings, about a tablespoon molasses and a pack each myco blast and soil blast. Water has been bubbling for 24 hours since it was tap water.

20130501_201718_zps33da9b24.jpg

20130501_202241_zpse9ecd327.jpg

Holy crap those pictures are horrible. I will get some better ones soon.

ok will give it to ya this time, i too got a new one not to long ago and after the first shot it refocuses and im like WTF... trying to take close up shots on the follow up is alot harder...

I guess I've had the flash turned off for taking pictures of the kid and thats part of the issue. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Foaming up

20130502_070042_zps705d3c1e.jpg

I guess I've had the flash turned off for taking pictures of the kid and thats part of the issue. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Foaming up

20130502_070042_zps705d3c1e.jpg

nice foaming... i dont get to do that stuff indoors... im banned since last time i used fish fert...

that momma choco bhut is looking mighty nice.. :party:

and the baby pod you have... cutie

Thanks KD. The bubbling is going on in my detached garage. Its man-land, pepper shack and homebrew haven. Wife rarely goes out there.

Back