food Mmmmmm...poppers!

JayT said:
Sounds awesome Impy. I have two good ideas. I thought I had my mind made up yesterday, but I thought of something today that could take the title. So I am making both. I will keep the second a surprise until tomorrow. It may revolutionize poppers...

uh how how how...yer kung fu's pretty good but your tiger claw cannot win against my drunken northern shaolin!

Cheers, TB.

JayT said:
Sounds awesome Impy. I have two good ideas. I thought I had my mind made up yesterday, but I thought of something today that could take the title. So I am making both. I will keep the second a surprise until tomorrow. It may revolutionize poppers...

I'm in the same boat. Had popper heaven in sight, and when I strayed from the path of righteousness and headed for darkness. I'm thinking of presenting 2 popper packages now, but I'll be damned if there isn't a third in the making.

Is this legal? Maybe we should go with one popper this weekend, and do this again next weekend. Drunken Chef Iron Popper weekly challenge?

Thoughts?

:raises Sol Cerveza Importada to fellow popper overloards:

Impy, go full gimpy with the poppers! Pix!

You Guys Are In Trouble.....

OK...aspwlling aside...you guys are intouble.....

here are some shots...pre-warmup for the greatestest chilli pepper popper cookest ihn history.......

ready for you all....

first shot...ready for cookoff...one day early...

041609a002.jpg

lick, drink, suck...

041609a003.jpg

over the teeth, through the gums, lookout stomach, here it comes.....

041609a001.jpg

tonight is the warmup for the greatest chili popper cook off in history...

I bought my ingredients tonight! I'll start cooking tomorrow night & preparing the filling.

Is it bad that I'm thinking of ducking out of my bro's birthday party early to come home & cook & drink with you guys??

ImpyChick said:
I bought my ingredients tonight! I'll start cooking tomorrow night & preparing the filling.

Is it bad that I'm thinking of ducking out of my bro's birthday party early to come home & cook & drink with you guys??

No. Its not a bad thing that you might be ducking. Mrs. Blues is planning on going out for drinks with her girl friends. I'll be gettin' down brown with the poppers. I lied and told Mrs. Blues I was going to the strip bar with some friends..hehe...

Cheers, TB.

JayT said:
Ok official rules:

Drink

Make poppers

Drink more

Take Pictures

Drink more

Eat Poppers

Drink More

Post Pictures

I think that about covers it.

I like how ya think. Works 4 me. :)

AlabamaJack said:
OK...aspwlling aside...you guys are intouble.....

here are some shots...pre-warmup for the greatestest chilli pepper popper cookest ihn history.......

ready for you all....

first shot...ready for cookoff...one day early...

Very nice work AJ, looks liek the dog wants some too..:lol:

ImpyChick said:

Nope.

Lets say I've been cooking for a few hours making some fierce japs/habs/bih chili oil and a Asian-style sauce w/ japs/habs/garlic/ginger & key limes...

Getting limbered up...
cooking-34.gif

cheers all goodnight...

defcon zero bloody marys in the morning to recover from the patron....then another bottle of patron for tomorrows smackdown...

this is going to be fun....

Cheers, AJ! I have a small bottle of Jim Beam & 3 different kinds of beer in the fridge. I'll already be a lil loopy when I get home from my bro's party & that's when I'll begin the cookin'!

AJ, cheers my friend!!! Preparations are complete her in NC. The recipe for popper destruction included 2.5 lbs of lard, 2.5 lbs of boston butt, a dutch oven and some secret ingredients. Let the popper insanity begin! I'm too drunk to be posting, but suffice it to say that all stops have been pulled. I may be late Saturday (or early Sunday depending on timezone) in my entry, but the poppers shall rain like hellfire and brimstone on the non-believers! Let them who have not been baptiszed in the cheese and grease that flow from the well of popperdom come forso that they may feel the love of his popperness. THe overloards shall strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those that have not partaken in the wonder that is capsicum meets cheese meets beef or pork or bacon or whateverthephuk. I for one shall forsaken the path of longevity for the realm of hedonism, and embrace our brother pork in a...

Shit, I'm rambling... Forgive me.

To the Chiles! and may the best popper win!

(quit now while you have a chance! the tricks that remain up my sleeve are insurmountable!)

FiveStar said:
AJ, cheers my friend!!! Preparations are complete her in NC. The recipe for popper destruction included 2.5 lbs of lard, 2.5 lbs of boston butt, a dutch oven and some secret ingredients. Let the popper insanity begin! I'm too drunk to be posting, but suffice it to say that all stops have been pulled. I may be late Saturday (or early Sunday depending on timezone) in my entry, but the poppers shall rain like hellfire and brimstone on the non-believers! Let them who have not been baptiszed in the cheese and grease that flow from the well of popperdom come forso that they may feel the love of his popperness. THe overloards shall strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those that have not partaken in the wonder that is capsicum meets cheese meets beef or pork or bacon or whateverthephuk. I for one shall forsaken the path of longevity for the realm of hedonism, and embrace our brother pork in a...

Shit, I'm rambling... Forgive me.

To the Chiles! and may the best popper win!

(quit now while you have a chance! the tricks that remain up my sleeve are insurmountable!)

Hmmmmm... I must have had fun last night, cause I don't remember writing any of this. My head feels like it's stuffed with sawdust. Excuse me while I fix a tequila bloddy mary. ooooouch...

IM IN !

Popper fest tomorrow night !!!! I have to be in this !
(first popper EVER!)
Hey im aussie never really heard of them. Though cook things similar.
ian
-

not for what ever comp tthis is cos i've missed a lot o this thread, but here are a few i made the other night ( i apoligise now but after starting i found out i had no bacon to wrap them in!!)

first up some generic shop bought red chillies scooped out with some mozzarella in the bottom
dscn1250p.jpg

and the same stuffed with a puree of chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, garam masala, turmeric and salt and topped with somemore mozzarella

dscn1251e.jpg

and cooked

dscn1263.jpg

It has begun here as well. I finished picking up a few last minute ingredients including the beverages for the evening and just finished my snack. Can't make proper poppers on an empty stomach. I had my first beer and I am ready to go.

So, who's gonna make the Offcial Contest Topic?

I thought of an idea..it's how they do a photo comp. in another forum.

1. make the thread, let everyone post.
  2. then, after deadline is done, say on midnight Sunday, make a separate poll thread with only the username, and a thumbnail pic of what they did.
  3. Then, the poll can be done by username. Multiple entries would still count as one vote for that member.

It's a LOT less messy than having a Poll in the contest thread.
I can help thumbnail an stuff if needed, but I think a Mod would have to set it up.

Back