• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

imaguitargod said:
Red Jalapenos are better. The sugar content is higher and it taste sooo much better.

Israel? :lol:
But Jalapeños are not suppose to be fruit like, that's the all point.
It goes awesome with meat, cheese, other veg's and so on.
Well I guess I can do some experiments (finding the right way for eating them red), and find that damn book.

Red, green,orange, blond, brunette, redhead. It's all good. Like sex on a plate. IGG....nice to see you are off the Ramen diet. How was the "manned up" popper with the scotch bonnet? Oh and one last...who is gonna' be the first to do a plate of Naga Poppers? What? Don't look at me. My culo is weaker than my cajones! Cheers. TB.

Omri said:
I would like a copy of that book please. :lol:
"The Nerds Book of Ardent"

Its not a big book...it says

"For peppers: Green is good, any other colour is better."

As far as I know, Black Pearl & Bolivian Rainbow are the only things this doesn't apply to.

bentalphanerd said:
As far as I know, Black Pearl & Bolivian Rainbow are the only things this doesn't apply to.
Nope, those change.

texas blues said:
Red, green,orange, blond, brunette, redhead. It's all good. Like sex on a plate. IGG....nice to see you are off the Ramen diet. How was the "manned up" popper with the scotch bonnet? Oh and one last...who is gonna' be the first to do a plate of Naga Poppers? What? Don't look at me. My culo is weaker than my cajones! Cheers. TB.

The manned up popper was good!!!!!! I have been contimplating a Naga Popper.......

IGG...dude...lets get Philiperv in on this and maybe Jaybee or Uncle Big, which by the way, where you been Big? or whoever wants to be the Mac Daddy of Nagas and eat GBU-28 bunker busting mother of all hot bombs. Which of you will be the first to photo and doc eating a plate of naga poppers? Cheers, TB.

I'm just waiting for someone to make naga poppers & video themselves eating it. I would looooove to see that! And no I'm not volunteering myself!

Hey ya'll, I had some leftover roasted chicken that I shredded, added some Hatch enchilada sauce,cheddar cheese, yellow and green onions, fresh garlic and s&p. I was going to fire up the grill but wind was kicking up so....in the oven they went @350.
I invited Mr. Tequila and Mr. Brewhaha to the par-tay...and did we ever! Still looking for that perfect popper..

0107.jpg

0110.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

imaguitargod said:
Red Jalapenos are better. The sugar content is higher and it taste sooo much better.

Damnit i'm way late on this but you speak the truth. Red jalapeños rule. Red jalapeño poppers rule more.

I had one extremely retarded jalapeño plant that makes really small peppers, so they're like little round red fireballs when they're ripe. They're hot as shit too, much more so than you would expect from a regular jalapeño and much hotter than the other plant I'm growing. It's stunted and stressed so I guess that explains the increased heat and smaller fruit.

And TB, that's a great idea, enchilada poppers. I'm definitely going to have to try that, you really know how to cook.

Txclosetgrower said:
I had one extremely retarded jalapeño plant that makes really small peppers, so they're like little round red fireballs when they're ripe. They're hot as shit too, much more so than you would expect from a regular jalapeño and much hotter than the other plant I'm growing. It's stunted and stressed so I guess that explains the increased heat and smaller fruit.

Seriously, that doesn't sound like a jalapeno plant. Perhaps a tepin or piquin?

Sickmont said:
Seriously, that doesn't sound like a jalapeno plant. Perhaps a tepin or piquin?

I'll post pics when I get off work. It's just a retarded jalapeno. Makes peppers about half the size of my thumb or smaller. And f'ing hot too. It will occasionally kick out a little larger pepper, but mostly tiny things.

But I do have a pequin as well, and they are definitely smaller/hotter.

Yeah TB you always make some awesome looking poppers. I love my cheese a little on the well done side like that. Reading this thread I will say that I will be the one to make and eat the naga poppers next season if no one beats me to it. I have none or I would do it now. That would be a fun party for me and BigDogDaddy. I know he loves his poppers too.

I made some of these poppers yesterday. I cut jalapenos in half and deseeded them. Then I made a mixture of ground pork and cheddar jack cheese seasoned with sea salt, thai chile powder and my mix of pepper powders (ancho, jalapeno, cayenne, guarilla (sp?)) I stuffed them with that and then put more cheese on top and baked them for about a half hour. Just for good measure I used the last two of my peppers from AJ the yellow Scorpion and Orange Hab. The Scorpion was HOT!!!

Chinense Poppers

Today I found some nice hab-like chinenses in a local Asia shop and decided to make my first Poppers.
Poppers01.jpg

I cut open two of them. There was some yummy cap sweating out of the walls. I stuffed the deseeded halves with a mixture of some diced red and yellow cherry maters, some feta cheese, well, fake feta made of cow milk, some ground black pepper, salt, oregano and a little shot of Cabernet Sauvignon. I wrapped them in some air dried bacon and fried them in the pan with some olive oil.
Poppers02.jpg

Back