food Mmmmmm...poppers!

texas blues said:
I think I have perfected the whole "projectile shitting" 'thang myself. 15 or so hab poppers and it's a machine gun of molten mud!!

Salute', TB.

You'll need a pair of these:

hot%20shit%20shorts%20for%20web.gif

did you know TEXAS BLUES can be anagrammed to spell
Ales, But Sex.

Is that missing a T?

I have a pair of those, but it says "Hot Feces". A little less sensual, but the message is the same.

FD

Tonight I needed a little midnight snack. And I needed it immediately. So I prepared some quickie poppers. I have a few Jalapeno El Jefe grown in my yard. I found some Mozzarella and some Schwarzwälder Schinken in the fridge.

IMG_9275.jpg

I cut open a few boats, stuffed Mozzarella inside, powdered them with homegrown, homedried, homeground tabasco powder plus ground black pepper. One layer of Schinken and into the pan they went.

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9285.jpg

Here's a little cross section of one of the poppers.

IMG_9286.jpg

For Jalapenos they were surprisingly hot. Or was that the tabasco powder? Yeehaw!!! Nice burn!
The poppers were accompanied by a South African Pinotage dry red wine. The dark full ripe cherry note of the Pinotage corresponded deliciously with the cherryish fruitiness of the Jalapenos.
I should do that more often...

IMG_9287.jpg

mmmm popers have been made.
cottage cheese
spinach
eggs
goat fetta
bacon
mozarella
cheddar
habanaro
and a mix of ripe and unripe jalapino's
006.jpg

018.jpg

Are those habs frozen NFF? Did they work out good, I still have some in the freezer but thought they'd be no good for poppers.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Are those habs frozen NFF? Did they work out good, I still have some in the freezer but thought they'd be no good for poppers.

They're fine for poppers. I use frozen peppers all the time for poppers. They work out great.

if you cut them then freeze and stuff them again they are solid enough to use as poppers but my habs went into the filling. i found that my habs get kinda mushy after thawing.. but if still frozen when stuffed they would work well.

These red jalapenos I have been seeing here have made me realize I have been neglecting my duties as a popper overlord so... Here:

009.jpg

011.jpg

Ok this is only the teaser, there are in the cast iron in the oven. Money shot to follow.

Now back to the booze...

Instant WIN! Poppers are one of the simplest snacks or in my case, meals, that one can make. Cast iron + bacon + peppers + cheese = Culinary rock n' roll! Dig it!

Ya'll see Passow's review of the Trini? Who's going to be the first to post pics of a 7-pot or trini scorp popper? i can smell the "ouch"!

Back