food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Today I celebrated my 2K posts with some poppers. I cooked my standard stuffing with Feta and ground beef and stuffed some Spitzpaprika and some yellow Rocotos a friend gave me. Nice!

The stuffing:
IMG_9320.jpg

Stuffed Rocotos:
IMG_9321.jpg

Goodness on my plate:
IMG_9326.jpg

Rocoto popper cut open:
IMG_9327.jpg

Sounds good but the meat looks.... hmmm, an unappetizing color.

I figured that's what it was. Meat with cream or cheese in it makes it look not so good, but how did it taste? That's what counts.

thehotpepper.com said:
I figured that's what it was. Meat with cream or cheese in it makes it look not so good, but how did it taste? That's what counts.

It tasted great. My family loves that poppers style. But they're more up to the Spitzpaprika so the Rocotos are mine... :lol:

Those look just fine Dillo. Maybe some hungarian or spanish paprika for us ahem! (THP) snobby foo foo popper types, in the mix. :rofl:

: hands Dillo a cognac :

Cheers on another 2,000!

i'm gonna try something new tonight.
A sweet pepper filled with macaroni cheese which will had some hot pods in the cheese sauce, got some thin ham slices not sure whether to include it with the mac or wrap or leave it out. Pics will follow later

so here are the pics (eventually)

pods for inclusion in the mac cheese
macpoppers001-1.jpg

the stuffee and the stuffers!!
macpoppers003-1.jpg

filled and one layered with ham
macpoppers004-1.jpg

one topped with more cheese and the beer that chef needs!!
macpoppers005-1.jpg

out of the oven and ready for eats
macpoppers002-1.jpg

i will say that more hotness was required and a wrap of smoked bacon would have been the biz, oh and more and thicker cheese sauce then it would have been bang on but as an experiment it tasted pretty fine

JayT said:
Here's how a few of my last ripe Jalapenos met their demise:

JayT,

Did you use any seasoning or u had'dem beauties on rocks?

I would love to sprinkle some rock salt (black salt) and have them.

WOW....Already feeling hungry .(going to get ma fix of Naga chutney with toast)...seeya after 15 mts.

NJA

Back