• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

midwestchilehead - great looking poppers! & a good way to break in your new CI. if you want hotter forget about jalapenos & do habanero poppers.

Careful with those hab poppers. For the heat, they go down tasty and easy...especially when you're lit up like a pinball machine on hosky and tequila. BTDT. I was praying for an acetylene torch to cool off my culo the next day.

Thanks chilihunter. I was going to go with orange habs, but I don't have any pods and the ones at the store were tiny. The jals didn't look that good, but at least they were huge. I will try the habs on my newly seasoned CI next time - maybe for super sunday!

Thanks logchief. As tasty as they are right after cooking, I find them even more tasty the next day. Like a good batch of chili. ;)

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Man, now I have to go make some food.... :lol:

Those look somthin more than tasty!

some jalapeno poppers for lunch today. grilled some nice big jalapenos, cut off a section, de-seeded and peeled the skin off. left the stems on as they make a great handle. used a mixture of chorizo, cilantro, garlic, green onions, and a very few portabella mushrooms - topped with oaxaca and chihuahua cheese - sprinkled smoked habanero powder on top and finished on the grill. they were mighty tasty.

P1020612.jpg

P1020614.jpg

I can just imagine how great those poppers are - with a line of chili sauce, and you got yourself some really good eats!

I salute your awesome poppers! :beer:

Back