• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Man, those look so good. Makes me wish I wasn't vegetarian anymore, I would try it tonight, if I wasn't. I might have to try it with "veggie crumbs" which mimic ground beef.

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Giving my new pepper rack a trial run with some simple poppers. One peno plant's
harvest this AM wasn't enough to fill the rack, so threw in a few others on hand.

Shredded bacon cooked but not crisp, with some sauteed onion and garlic.
Bacon.jpg

Chilies decapped and gutted.
Cored.jpg

Chunked the Pepper Jack and threw in a bowl with the cream cheese.
Nuked in the microwave about a minute, stirred, nuked another minute, stirred, mixed
in the bacon, onion and garlic and nuked anoter 30 secs and stirred.
Stuffing.jpg

Loaded my jerky shooter that also works great as a popper stuffer.
Shooter.jpg

Chiles loaded and topped with a chunk of sharp cheddar.
Loaded.jpg

Baked @ 375 for 25 or 30 minutes. A few of the smaller ones fell through (should
have used a toothpick) and definitely over filled some with stuffing.
Cooked.jpg

Now that I have a better idea how to fill them, the next batch will get a
little smoky treatment on the grill. I'll probably still place some foil under it
just in case.

Boy were those chinense pods angry, but tasty. :)

HOT DAMN SS!!!!!
Great job mixing up the popper!!!
It's getting a little stale with the bacon wrapped CI popper. Glad you brought something new to the table! Great use of the jerky gun!
Cant wait to see how you improve on that awesomeness!

HOT DAMN SS!!!!!
Great job mixing up the popper!!!
It's getting a little stale with the bacon wrapped CI popper. Glad you brought something new to the table! Great use of the jerky gun!
Cant wait to see how you improve on that awesomeness!

There is only one way FD4 ok maybe two. BACON and BEER! That is the greatest popper ingenuity I have ever seen right there! How did I miss this?

WOW! Glad you liked it guys. :)

Paulky, you use the gun/shooter with your ground meat mix to make either round or flat jerky, depending on the tip you use. I just used the round attachment to fill the pods, worked great.

Same song, second verse.

I started to make some beefy poppers, but decided...
beef.jpg

nope, today it's gonna be poke poppahs.
pork.jpg

Used half a pack of each of the cream cheese and Pepper Jack, a little over half the onion, garlic,
a healthy dose of Naga powder and the whole pound of sausage. Sausage says "HOT", but Jimmy is
selling to the unwashed villagers.
porkstuff.jpg

Missed harpooning one that needed it and it escaped.
Must grow more and larger penos next season, but I'm enjoying the substitute Fatalii, Congo,
Antillais Caribbean, Red and Yellow Scorpion, Jaloro and Marconi poppers too.
I think I'm becoming addicted to poppers, cause I'm already thinking about the next fix. :)
ready.jpg

I'm new to the popper scene and I can't get enough now (must be wrapped in bacon). Think I'll have a dozen for lunch. Since I know the jalapenos have no heat, I will add the appropriate amount of various superhot purees from AJ to make it right. Life is good.

Remember that jalapeno plant with all the red pods I showed in the Jalapenos Success thread a while back? No, anyway, I was waiting for my daughter to return from college so we could eat them together. Well, we ate em up yesterday, and here's a few pics. Some of them were beginning to wrinkle a bit, but it did not do any damage.
DSC_4956.jpg

DSC_4916.jpg

DSC_4957.jpg

DSC_4958.jpg

I used asadero cheese, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese for the filler. I figured they wouldn't be very hot, so I added diced BJalokia to mine.
DSC_4959.jpg

DSC_4960.jpg

DSC_4966.jpg

The top row was Lindsey's. She wanted turkey bacon and some not wrapped. Odd, I know. They came out fantastic!! Man, the sweetness of the red pods was outrageous. Thanks everybody for teaching me the right way.

Back