• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

JayT said:
I heard somewhere that a planchadera thingy was a good way to make poppers too. How's about you posty some up?

Life sheeit has gotten in the way of late.

You know somethin' 'bout that yourself.

And it is a dang shame for true.

I haven't cooked on la plancha in almost a week!

I do know something about that, that is why I chose this night (the only one I have off this week) to fire up the grill for some sausage, wings, and a steak, while cooking the minions a pizza in the oven. No pics, too busy cooking and drinking beer, b'sides you have all seen all that I made a bunch of times.

Buddy always brings it.

But wait....

Only 5????

Dang.

That's only enough to get to 2nd base.

I need at least a dozen por favor senor to fully entertain that gal!

For Halloween those would make sick eyeball treats. Maybe a black olive slice in center and some red hot sauce trails lol.

They look killer.

Dear The TB, you are the original popper master, I reckon that it has been a couple of coon's ages since you posted poppers in here. I think it is high time that you show the newbs how it is done once again.

Tried something new for me tonight.
Made poppers using a variety of milder peppers.
Aji Fantasy, Aji dulce red, Aji omnicolor,Aji golden,cream fatalii and Fresno.
Very simple stuffing of goat cheese, provolone and sausage. I forgot the onion,not sure how.
Wrapped it all up in Bacon and baked it.
Would have been better with onion but made for an interesting selection of flavors. A bit greasy also but that can be fixed lol

Attachments

• IMG_20151205_232611305.jpg
    IMG_20151205_232611305.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20151205_235224427.jpg
    IMG_20151205_235224427.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 51
Back