• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

crazyheat said:
Here is some atomic buffalo turds I made. Previously only made them with jalapeños and habaneros. Looking forward to trying this with some reapers

Sg6Hg5r.jpg

I'd love to have those with some kind of a berry drizzle. Like a raspberry reduction or something along those lines. I don't know why. 

Pimpin' the popper casserole HARD y'all.

San Manuel Pork Chorizo and diced onion on the flat top.

San Manuel heche en Edinburgh, TX.

Rio Grande Valley authentic with no lips and assholes, or lymph nodes.

Only decent pork.

Chingon!

Store bought 'peno's stuffed with a mix of the onion, chorizo, refried beans, and shredded jack & cheddar scheeze.

Wiped down the casserole dish with olive oil and then did a layer of corn tortilla's.

Then the poppers.

Filled in the holes with more mix and then another layer of tortilla's, poppers, and mixto.

More mixto and filled in and topped off with more scheeze!

Ready for the oven @350

Sheeit's in the oven rocking now.

I reckon it was in the oven about 40 minutes @350.

Halfway thru though I jacked it to 375.

But forget about time and temp.

This is what y'all want to see.

A scheeze crust y'all.

I do up chix casserole the same way for mrs. blues.

She loves to be lovin' the scheeze crust.

And who am I to argue?

Pictures do no justice to this.

Still hot but cool enough to attempt to eat.

Cheese us Mary and Joseph!!

You'd never believe how got dang good this was.

Cut out a nice hunk of love.

I do now recollect I did a layer of sour cream between the poppers

and the next tortilla layer.

I ate this stuff like it was ....

well, you know.

Found some good sized jal's at the store, and been hankering for some poppers, had some time today so here it is!  With a bit of a twist....of course!

We like poppers.  BUT!  I don't like mushy chiles, I don't like undercooked onion (or shallot in this case) or undercooked bacon. If the poppers are wrapped with uncooked bacon, by the time the bacon is cooked the chiles are mush.  If the poppers are cooked until the chiles are just tender, the bacon is undercooked.

Solution?  Par-cook the bacon, nuke the onion and garlic,  wrap the poppers in 1/2-cooked bacon. problem solved!  The bacon gets cooked, the pepper isn't mush and there's less grease on the popper also. 

DSC_0125.JPG

Get a load of that chile!
DSC_0126.JPG

mince the onion/shallot and garlic, nuke for 33 seconds and 22 seconds respectively.
DSC_0127.JPG

Boats~
DSC_0133.JPG

with a little extra yellow powder on one~
DSC_0134.JPG

pre-bake
DSC_0135.JPG

post-bake- I did about 15 minutes (don't really know) at 350F on convection
DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

Attachments