• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Al-from-Chile said:
Thx, Ray... But I will have to sit it out... Damn postal strike.... Bought seeds from semillas.de a good while ago and haven't received those either... I ts been that long I don't even remember what I ordered - so I get 12 packs of mystery seeds :D

Cheers Al
It’s sad to read that you have to go thru dat BS mon :/ You could always reach out if you or a family member passes thru south FL.

Bunch of "A" to "B" shaped pods ...

Congrats to Ramon and Jamison on producing some awesome pods. 

I want to say thank you to Denniz and EVERYONE else here that is helping spread this seed worldwide.

The "Only for select Jamaican farmers" will no longer apply to this high quality seed.

This strain should be a staple scotch bonnet in EVERY chilihead's garden, if desired.

STEVE954 said:
Congrats to Ramon and Jamison on producing some awesome pods. 

I want to say thank you to Denniz and EVERYONE else here that is helping spread this seed worldwide.

The "Only for select Jamaican farmers" will no longer apply to this high quality seed.

This strain should be a staple scotch bonnet in EVERY chilihead's garden, if desired.
I applaud your attitude!

Cheers & TX to you and all involved
Al

I honestly don't think there won't be a garden on here without MoA's next year! Good job everyone! It's honestly the whole reason I started growing hot peppers. I went to Jamaica years back, always have been the one to go for the spiciest stuff I could find, fell in absolute love with Scotch Bonnets while I was there. Came back home after vacation and the search went on. For 3-4 years now I've been looking for that one "Scotch Bonnet", only to fail miserably every year. Now, thanks to Steve, MoA Bonnets will FOREVER have a spot in my garden, and I can finally end my search! The second I seen Steve had these I was on the horn messaging him! Thankfully he graciously spared some seeds for me and early enough in the year to get them growing! Only thing he stressed was, keep them pure and please share with everyone! Again, thank you Steve, you are a legend now, embrace it man!

JAmison.. i too came on THP to be on a mission .. find the JAMAICAN scotch bonnet.. i went to the typical red and yellow mushrooms (annuums).. but thanks to steve.. i shall be there.. perhaps not this  year .. but next year... i will be growing over 20 MoA plants next year... i saw so many people on FB posting ads about selling scotch bonnets that look like habs.. no longer.. 

THANKS STEVE>>..... thanks for entrusting all of us to grow these seeds.... 

next up in line
SPAIN.. 

UK

and GUAM

All it took was some real jerked pork and chicken(meaning from ROADSIDE stands, using pimento wood to cook with), and the Scotch Bonnet was ingrained enough to survive through that damn Sugar Cane Hooch(@180-190P, that stuff leaves a mark!!!) assault we felt so compelled to do, to OUT DO,each other...it undid more than a few us , more than once......anyway-they are tough get a hold of, and jerk with out em?...Just isn't jerk.

Sweet lookin' pods brother D!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
JAmison.. i too came on THP to be on a mission .. find the JAMAICAN scotch bonnet.. i went to the typical red and yellow mushrooms (annuums).. but thanks to steve.. i shall be there.. perhaps not this  year .. but next year... i will be growing over 20 MoA plants next year... i saw so many people on FB posting ads about selling scotch bonnets that look like habs.. no longer.. 

THANKS STEVE>>..... thanks for entrusting all of us to grow these seeds.... 

next up in line
SPAIN.. 

UK

and GUAM
Very cool of you!

Jamison said:
I honestly don't think there won't be a garden on here without MoA's next year! Good job everyone! It's honestly the whole reason I started growing hot peppers. I went to Jamaica years back, always have been the one to go for the spiciest stuff I could find, fell in absolute love with Scotch Bonnets while I was there. Came back home after vacation and the search went on. For 3-4 years now I've been looking for that one "Scotch Bonnet", only to fail miserably every year. Now, thanks to Steve, MoA Bonnets will FOREVER have a spot in my garden, and I can finally end my search! The second I seen Steve had these I was on the horn messaging him! Thankfully he graciously spared some seeds for me and early enough in the year to get them growing! Only thing he stressed was, keep them pure and please share with everyone! Again, thank you Steve, you are a legend now, embrace it man!
[SIZE=10.5pt]Absolutely [/SIZE]!!!!!!

Jamison said:

Same thing happened to me.  Thanks to KINGDENNIZ for sharing some seeds with me.  Can hardly wait til next year. 

Thanks KingDenniz!  I got the seeds yesterday (mail was on hold for a week) and can't wait to start growing these.   I will probably attempt a winter growout up here :)

WalkGood said:
Small Jamaican MoA Scotch Bonnet harves. While these are not A pods they sure are tasty ^_^
x3ziuo.jpg

Well there were a few with great shapes and this one that was a mini, hehehe
2yx5j0o.jpg

qwzyma.jpg
Those make me drool... when I got the envelope Steve sent me with seed I just couldn't stop smelling it. They have an amazing aroma and I just can't wait to taste one. Hopefully this winter I can get pods indoors.

, Walter

Back