• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

I bet as summer settles in the pods will get closer to the type A pods. Nice peppers either way folks. Pretty awesome that I'm thinking I just posted the first MOA ever grown on Long Island but then again Ive heard NY has had a few visitors from parts far and wide for at least a few years so....

PrimeTime said:
I bet as summer settles in the pods will get closer to the type A pods. Nice peppers either way folks. Pretty awesome that I'm thinking I just posted the first MOA ever grown on Long Island but then again Ive heard NY has had a few visitors from parts far and wide for at least a few years so....

You're ahead of me by a good bit Alan, but the warm weather has finally made its way this far north, and I have my first MoA pod to show for it... mind you it still needs to grow a little bit... ;)
SANY1602_zps4bb08844.jpg

Cheers!

Your pods are in good hands Rick! Yeah the weather just really got here a week or two ago and they are blowing up. Of topic but that Gochu seed you sent last season is now a small plant with about 6 pods!

Thanks.

Keep em coming folks!

Dennis, I got my seeds from Jamison. This is the first pod on one of my plants. I have two others that I'm waiting to see what they turn out like. This one just happened to be way ahead of all the rest. It looks like many others growing the MoA have similar pods, but eventually end up with some of the grade A versions. I'm just going to have to wait and see.

Neil

MeatHead1313 said:
Thanks Steve. I got my seeds from Jamison.
Jamison has the most isolated MoA seed in the US! He's a good man!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
welcome back to the forum my friend.. havent talked to you in a bit.. im sure there are reasons..
I never really left, just haven't contributed in a while. No more desk top or photobucket, just the cell phone.

Pepper-Guru said:
I'd say I got the goods...

14351906710_98d26b5e01_k.jpg
That's proper MoA in the making. You've got the goods my friend..

Back