• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

I put two into larger pots today.

Both looked like this, but the other picture was so blurry I won't post it.

Two in their new 5" square pot homes.

I would have taken a picture of the progress of the J-MoA in a Hempy, but it was already snuggled into the bathtub with the rest of the plants and I didn't really want to dig it out.

Neil

The fact that you are asking the question, means you have more patience than me!   Great color on that pod.  I am not sure I could wait any longer if it was my frst one.  All the pods I have gotten have been yellow and yours looks pretty good to me.  But I am not a expert, so it will be interesting to see how others advise you.

MeatHead1313 said:
MoA noob question time. Is this bad boy ready to be picked, or should it be more orange?
20140617_194158.jpg
In my experience I would wait a bit longer. Just like you thought, they tien more of a yellowish orange. Beautiful pod man!

bpwilly said:
The fact that you are asking the question, means you have more patience than me!   Great color on that pod.  I am not sure I could wait any longer if it was my frst one.  All the pods I have gotten have been yellow and yours looks pretty good to me.  But I am not a expert, so it will be interesting to see how others advise you.
It's been extremely hard to not just pick it off and take a bite that's for sure. Only thing that's keeping me from doing it is I want my first taste to be from a fully ripe pod. Friday will be the day either way.

Jamison said:
In my experience I would wait a bit longer. Just like you thought, they tien more of a yellowish orange. Beautiful pod man!
Thanks for the info Jamison. I've noticed it get a little more orange every day, so hopefully it'll be done by Friday. That's been designated tasting day.

MeatHead1313 said:
MoA noob question time. Is this bad boy ready to be picked, or should it be more orange?
20140617_194158.jpg

Congrats, I would try to wait, but just do your best. :D

My first one looks like a goose egg, but that could be transplant/adaptation issues...

og4rMo6l.jpg

because the new ones have a much better looking phenotype.

JJJessee said:

Congrats, I would try to wait, but just do your best. :D

My first one looks like a goose egg, but that could be transplant/adaptation issues...

og4rMo6l.jpg

because the new ones have a much better looking phenotype.

the rest of the ones that set look great.. looks like you got a winner!@

Even though I'd told myself to wait til tomorrow, I couldn't help myself. Picked my first ripe pod today.
20140619_160226.jpg

Not an A grade pod, but beautiful and delicious either way
20140619_160233.jpg

I'm terrible at describing flavours so I'll leave that to the pro's, but all I can say is holy crap they're good! Easily jumped up to my number 1 favourite pepper, and definitely going to be grown every year. Thanks for the opportunity to grow it Jamison!

It's nice to see all the different MoA variations in peppers here. Makes me confident that I'm not the only one and I'm not really off track with them. I can't wait to try them!

Neil

Back