• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Morons once again doing what morons do best

fishhead said:
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (1937-2008)

Yep....

This becomes readily apparent when you realize that in the very same store where there's no TP, the shelves are plumb full of...  wait for it...
FOOD!

solid7 said:

This becomes readily apparent when you realize that in the very same store where there's no TP, the shelves are plumb full of...  wait for it...
FOOD!

Attachments

• 20200927_115354.jpg
    20200927_115354.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 109
So that's no my case.  Our stores look like normal, until you get to the paper aisle.
What county do you live in?

Demented said:
Palm Beach. It's like that pretty much at every Publix and Walmart between Lake Worth and Jupiter.

Good lord.  Please tell your people that we are out of everything north of Vero Beach.  It's all gone, no need to come this way...

solid7 said:

Good lord.  Please tell your people that we are out of everything north of Vero Beach.  It's all gone, no need to come this way...
I'm on my way!

It was the same in St. Lucie in the beginning of the year. Everyone went nuts. North of Fort Pierce everything seemed like business as usual though at the same time; March or so. Guess not too many snow birds stay north of St Lucie?

solid7 said:

80% of the population are blithering idiots. 

Societies are literally built around 20% of the population.

This is no surprise.

Your government puts too much faith in people.

Your government created that 80%. They spent many decades to achieve it, unless they were shooting for 100%. 

If so, they're still in charge, they'll get there...

stettoman said:

Your government created that 80%. They spent many decades to achieve it, unless they were shooting for 100%. 

If so, they're still in charge, they'll get there...

I think that it's actually the human condition.  Free societies just empower dipshits.  In other times, we might have been much less tolerant of it.

Yep. Living in a free society takes a lot of responsibility and self control which seems to be in very short supply with our species. 

Crazy Monkey said:
Yep. Living in a free society takes a lot of responsibility and self control which seems to be in very short supply with our species. 

Correct.
The older I get, the more I start to believe that smarter humans are meant to rule the less intelligent of the species, by whatever means necessary.  And that believe scares me a bit, because that's pretty much what I've railed against my whole life.
Sometimes, it might just be easier to be part of a different problem.

95% of the population falls just 1 standard deviation from average iq. Slightly dull to average to slightly smart. To casual observation the difference is actually fairly faint.

Ashen said:
95% of the population falls just 1 standard deviation from average iq. Slightly dull to average to slightly smart. To casual observation the difference is actually fairly faint.

As a mathematician, I love the notion of categorizing people statistically.  
Let me point out, however, that the empirical rule states that 99.7% of a set falls within 3 standard deviations of the mean, 95% falls within 2 standard deviations of the mean, and 68% fall within one standard deviation of the mean.  This is a standard bell (normally distributed) curve.
Intelligence, as I understand it, fits this rule, as well.  The average IQ being 100, and 1 standard deviation being ~15 points.

One certainly doesn't have to be a Republican, Nazi, etc, to be an insanely intelligent criminal mastermind. I hope that you're not shamefully advocating a political position or ideology.  That would be disappointing. 
Leftists are often highly intelligent, and in the last century have FAR more blood on their hands.  What they have in common with their diametrically opposed ideological opponents:  They know how to take advantage of the unintelligent. (hence, you have Lenin's "useful idiots")

On one hand, I'll tell you that stupid people are the problem, and on the other, you'll tell me that smart people are the problem.
So we agree, there is a problem.

solid7 said:
On one hand, I'll tell you that stupid people are the problem, and on the other, you'll tell me that smart people are the problem.
So we agree, there is a problem.

I'm glad you understood :D

It was not my intention to advocate or frame certain political ideologies, but rather to show that intelligent people are not a solution, possibly just a different problem. We need politicians that want to do their work because it's what they like to do, and not power-hungry egoists and narcissists, whatever their political denomination may be.

Back