• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MORUGA WELDERS'S 2016 GROW

First babies to pop !  All happen to be Lucy 7's ,

IMG_0975.JPG

OCD Chilehead said:
Frank, that garden is amazing. Those plants are huge.

Haven't grown anything that's big in my climate. Next year, that may change with green house.

Bahamian Goat is a great pepper. The Primo x Jays peach is awesome looking.

Toms look great. I was looking at my garden the other day, and there is know way I'm going to be able to get in there and pick. I have a feeling my 10 year old son, would be a better choice for this job.

lol i know what you mean there , just came in from the garden , little morning stroll and coffee in hand , plants have tons of new growth / flowers and podding up nicely . 
The horse poo , lots of it ,  lots of hay , compost , long needle pine , oak leaves , coffee grounds , shredded paper , got the soil rich , moist and very soft , getting just the way i was told it would . even after the hard rains and hot sun ,i can reach down into the soil with little resistance . 

moruga welder said:

thanks my friend , started a   " no till " garden last year , piling on the hay , horse poo , compost , lots of coffee grounds from the restaurant  , lots of good ol' earthworms taken up residence . 

I'm lovin' your results Frank! That's my plan for next year... after I've treated the soil in the raised beds with biochar and tilled it in. I'm also thinking of planting a nitrogen-fixing cover crop. Then when spring comes I'll be ready to cut down the cover crop,add screened compost, lay the drip lines and plastic mulch over it and transplant outside. Keep up the good work!

thanks  Rick ,  as soon as the plants came to a crawl , out they came , planted a winter cover mowed it before the first snow then the hay , and the rest went in , 14inches deep on the hay first couple of years ,  i've always threw a lot of stuff in the garden , but since reading this book on no till garden last year , i've began the transition , loving ' the results , best of all i get the ingredients for cheap to nothing . really no need to water all summer . its so moist under there its un real .

moruga welder said:
thanks  Rick ,  as soon as the plants came to a crawl , out they came , planted a winter cover mowed it before the first snow then the hay , and the rest went in , 14inches deep on the hay first couple of years ,  i've always threw a lot of stuff in the garden , but since reading this book on no till garden last year , i've began the transition , loving ' the results , best of all i get the ingredients for cheap to nothing . really no need to water all summer . its so moist under there its un real .

Which book was that Frank? Sounds like one I'd like to read.

Happy 4th all ! , grabbed a couple pics this morning , plants are getting huge ,
HPIM2533.JPG

HPIM2532.JPG

Apocolypses turning nicely ,
HPIM2537.JPG

Butch " T " x Reaper turning , these should be scorchers ! 
HPIM2538.JPG

Crazy huge flowers on these tomato plants from Spain , plants are huge also ,
HPIM2535.JPG

HPIM2536.JPG

will get more pod pics later today , gotta run to town , 
Thanks for looking all !  Have a great 4th ,

frank

D3monic said:
Like everyone else said, plants are looking great, getting nice and big too. Got a hell of a head start on me. That bbg cross looks pretty gnarly (almost like a pile of chewing gum)

great stuff!

thanks bro , yeah  keeping my eye on that bbg cross ,  all the seeds i got came out of the best pods off of one i grew last year , and they were nothing like these guys ! 

Back