• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

travel Much needed change

Hello pepper friends. For those that don't know. I'm Jerret. I currently live in Louisiana. I am a licensed journeyman plumber and have been for 20+ years. Been in Louisiana for 9 years. Lived in Washington state prior. Grew up in California. Went to high school in St Louis. So needless to say. I've moved around all my life. Living in Louisiana has not only been great it's also given me some of the hardest days of my life. Nature is a powerful force. And after two major hurricanes and flooding four times. We are in need of change. My wife and I have decided to put most our stuff in storage. Sell our house. Buy a travel trailer to live in temporarily. And drive it to Washington. This thread will be my way of documenting this crazy journey.Jobs are uncertain at this point. I want out of plumbing but am willing to do what I have to. Today we took the first major step and acquired the temporary home. 22' E-pro by Flagstaff
IMG_20220725_093211232_HDR.jpg

Changing times...
Have you owned an RV before? It can be intimidating for new RV owners.

I'll be watching!

Changing times...
Have you owned an RV before? It can be intimidating for new RV owners.

I'll be watching!
First RV. But nothing on the rig intimidates me really. I already know where I'm going to make a couple of upgrades. This one has solar so I need to upgrade the battery a little bit. I've spent the last 20 years off and on pulling excavators and long trailers so parking and navigating is not an issue either.

Made some steps towards the adventure this week to include rehoming our 8 month old Australian Shepherd, selling two Nanny goats, and acquiring the 20 foot travel trailer. Which we picked up this morning and is now sitting in my driveway. Next steps are minor repairs to the home cleaning up of the yard and listing the house. We are also in the process of getting quotes for moving and storing our stuff during this process.

Last edited:
We bought a 34' diesel pusher in fall 2019 with the intention of snowbirding in the winter of 2020. Well, we all know how THAT winter turned out!!!! We still have goals for travels, up to Canada, across to the east coast, south, do the loop...

The Kid has more nights in the motorhome than we have. He stays there when visiting.

I use to move every two years.. some were only six months. It was scary at first, but became addictive. All the new sights, sounds, and foods. I still get the itch from time to time. Was it hard? At times but, I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. It's not about the destination, it's the adventure.

Favorite place was New Orleans.

Tink, I know this will irk you but, peppersproutfarm will get it: Laissez les bon temps rouler.

I use to move every two years.. some were only six months. It was scary at first, but became addictive. All the new sights, sounds, and foods. I still get the itch from time to time. Was it hard? At times but, I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. It's not about the destination, it's the adventure.

Favorite place was New Orleans.

Tink, I know this will irk you but, peppersproutfarm will get it: Laissez les bon temps rouler.
Let the good times roll indeed. There are definitely a lot of things about New Orleans culture that we will miss. The city itself. The food. And the people. From the old Catholic cathedrals to the alleyway voodoo shops it will all be missed. Thank you for sharing that gives me good feelings and inspiration.

Back