• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My 2014 list and hopefully GLOG

I`m going to try and keep a GLOG this year. In the past I`ve felt that if I did a GLOG I`d get bored with keeping it up, so we`ll see how it goes.

In the mean time, this is my current grow list for 2014. It may change sometime in the next 10 minutes. I decided to go with mostly weird, relatively unknown stuff  :party:

The Supers

7-pot Brown 
7-pot Brown (Red phenotype)
7-pot Savannah 
7-pot Rennie 
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend 
Chocolate Moruga 
Brown Moruga 
Bubblegum 7-pot F4 
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw 
Douglah x Butch T F5 Brown 
Douglah x Butch T F5 Red 
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion x Butch T Yellow 
Chocolate Bhut x Yellow 7-pot Brown 
SB7J 
UBSC (unidentified brain strain cross)

The C.chinense varieties.

Wild Brazil 
Cumari do para 
Mata Frade
Bode Roxa 
Cheiro Roxa
CGN 21500 
Fidalgo Roxa 
Cabaca Roxa 
Fidalga Amerelia 
Focinho de Porco
Galapagos Large Red Habanero PI 585278 
Limo Blanco-CGN 19193
Lemon Drop Selection-CGN 17036
Lemon Drop-CGN 19211
Chili Blanco-CGN 17224
Small Bell Chilly-CGN 23766
Scarlett Lantern-CGN 23233
Surinam 8-CGN 24331
Pimenta De Neyde
Red Squash-CGN 17021
PI 653748
PI 441637 Red
PI 281417
PI 224444
PI 260491
MoA Scotch Bonnet
Bahamian Goat
Unknown Peruvian Aji (direct from Peru)
CGN 21566   
CGN 22163     
CGN 23257    
Cereja da Amapá       
GRIF 9293    
Macapá Red        
CGN 23255       
CGN 16994 Long   
Uvilla grande PI 281393
PI 159236

C.frutescens

Wild Peach
GRIF 9265
Ndungu-CGN 21554
CGN 17020
Malagueta-CGN 23211
Aji Chuncho-CGN 22792
Lombok-CGN 22817
Chunpepe- PI406947 

C.annuum

Elefant
Macedonian corker

C.baccatum

Queen Laurie 
Pimienta Trapadiera Do Werner
Pitanga laranha 
Rainforest 
PI 159252   
Aji Ethiopian Fire   
Peruvian orange PI446900            

C.pubescens

Guatemalan Small Orange Manzano (Northgate Market)
Smaller Hot Red Rocoto (Direct from Lima, Peru)
Large Red Rocoto (Direct from Cuzco, Peru)
Rocoto CAP 217          
Rocoto PI355812         
Rocoto CAP 867 red      
Rocoto PI585273         
Rocoto Costa Rican Red 
Bolivian Red Rocoto (Direct from Tarija, Bolivia) 

Wilds

C.baccatum var.baccatum
PI 596059
PI 439528

C.GALAPAGOENSE 

C.CHACOENSE

4 or 5 kinds

C.EXILE 

"Cobindo"

C PRAETERMISSUM

Cumari Pollux

C. SPECIES

PI 446902

C. CARDANESII

CGN20497 (later in the year)
C.cardanesii (direct from Bolivia. Could be eximium)

C EXIMIUM 

CAP 1530
CGN 21502
CGN 19196
CGN 24332
C.eximium from UK

ROCOPICA (Ulupica x C.pubescens)

Large Rocopica 
Small Rocopica #1
Small Rocopica #2

C RHOMBOIDEUM 

C.TOVARII

C.LANCEOLATUM

Jeff H said:
Wow Nigel, nice list. There may be a few pepper varieties that you missed, but not many.

What do you foresee the total plant count to be, including o/w?
I don`t know Jeff. Probably somewhere between 150 and 200. I find it almost impossible to throw away seedlings, so if I`m realistic 300 maybe??? Well see. I want at least 2 plants of everything that pops. 
romy6 said:
What no pics yet?  What kinda Glog is this ?  ;)
It`s my kind of glog, Jamie!!!  :rofl:

Photos tomorrow. Spent all day today putting seeds in this stuff, but still lots to go. 

Portuge said:
Cool looking bag, what does it cost?
It`s a Fox Farms product. I think it was $13.99. Expensive, certainly, but it seems pretty good and I have had some very good growers say it`s great stuff. 

I heard that peppers grown in that stuff give you Montezuma's revenge.

Got the pubescens and annuum varieties in, except for the last 3 annuums. Just waiting on seeds from the UK.

I can grow both pubes and annuums year round here, so it does`t really matter too much when I get the seeds in.

HillBilly Jeff said:
I must admit to being jealous of being able to manzanos yer round.  I can just imagine the mountains of pods you'd get off a 5 year old plant.

Looking good.
They do have it made with their long growing season, but WE get to shovel snow!

Tell us about your light set-up when you have a chance, Nigel.  How many are going into pots? 

I'm looking forward to seeing your garden plot for the in-ground plants.

Looking good there Nigel, Are you doing a in ground or Containers? It will be very interesting to see what some of the No names will look like, along with your rare wild ones.
Here's hoping you have a great season.

wildseed57 said:
Looking good there Nigel, Are you doing a in ground or Containers? It will be very interesting to see what some of the No names will look like, along with your rare wild ones.
Here's hoping you have a great season.
thanks Goerge, very kind of you. I`ll be doing in-ground and container this year. We have a LOT of gophers here, so in-ground is a bit risky, to say the least, but two of everything in pots, then the rest in-ground seems like a good plan. At least it does today. I might change my mind tomorrow..... :P

Roguejim said:
Tell us about your light set-up when you have a chance, Nigel.  How many are going into pots? 

I'm looking forward to seeing your garden plot for the in-ground plants.
Hi Jim. My light set-up. Hmmmmmm. Last year it caused quite a bit of consternation around here. Ok, my Wife was pissed. Really pissed. I had a ton of T5s, 2 very large incubators (a big no-no) with temp and humidity control, some big CFLs grow lights (105W, 6500K). Oh, and a very large electricity bill every month for 3 months. Did I say how pissed my Wife was???

I think my grow lights came in at around $120-140 a month. I`ve been told recently that I can`t do that again. More than once, actually. 

Just going to go with some smaller CFL bulbs (65W, 5500K) and plenty of reflectors this year. If if alters our electricity bill by more than 10% I might be looking for a new home............. :confused:

Ta-Dah. First sprout. I only sowed these 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, it isn`t a Capsicum. This is a curcubit called Achocha in Bolivia. I got the seeds from Bolivia, too. 

Ah well, at least it`s something!!!

Nigel said:
Hi Jim. My light set-up. Hmmmmmm. Last year it caused quite a bit of consternation around here. Ok, my Wife was pissed. Really pissed. I had a ton of T5s, 2 very large incubators (a big no-no) with temp and humidity control, some big CFLs grow lights (105W, 6500K). Oh, and a very large electricity bill every month for 3 months. Did I say how pissed my Wife was???

I think my grow lights came in at around $120-140 a month. I`ve been told recently that I can`t do that again. More than once, actually. 

Just going to go with some smaller CFL bulbs (65W, 5500K) and plenty of reflectors this year. If if alters our electricity bill by more than 10% I might be looking for a new home............. :confused:

Don't feel alone in that Nigel...  I get this from my wife on the subject of the electric bill too... :snooty:  If I can't figure out some way to start my superhot seeds more affordably I'm gonna have to order the plants from Crosscountry Nurseries. I'll still start the mild and medium varieties myself, but 100+ day peppers are problematic... this far north I have to start them three and a half to four months before planting outside under a low row cover.
   Cheers!

Nigel said:

Hahaha.... :rofl: Your wife and mine must be talking!!! Hahaha...so close to the same conversation that as I read it the sound in my head was my wife's voice. 

Nigel said:

Hey Nigel, just catching up...this one is HILARIOUS.

I saw the post a while back on the seeds from peru, will be interesting to see what comes from them.

Back