• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

My attempt at beating the world record

The official rules state that
  1. you have to be seated
  2. the peppers must meet a minimum size ( not sure what the size is for these peppers)
  3. you must show that a pepper has been chewed and swallowed and your mouth is empty before eating the next one.

Do you "HAVE" to eat them one at a time??

afaik, you have to eat them one at a time and show your mouth is empty before putting the next one in your mouth.

If you watch the Machine vids closely you will see them do this check between each pepper

I have been searching thru the Guinness book and i can't find the rules for eating chili pepper, if anyone can find them please post the link here

I asked Scott Roberts about this and here is what he told me.

"Right now the only record I know of is the one for eating the most bhut jolokias in one minute, and the number stands at three. Steve "The Machine" Smallwood unofficially broke the record last May by eating 8."

Here is the photo of the peppers they are all in perfect shape, I am hopeibng to do this tomorrow

challengepackage.jpg

I was going to try the record today but i got up sick and just didn't feel like i could pull it off so i will go after it tomorrow.

Due to illness i am not going to be able to try to beat the world record of eating the most bhut jolokias in 1 minute or 8 Butch T's in 1 minute. I got up Sunday morning with a sour stomach thinking everything would be better and i would feel better today to do this but i feel worse and i am not able to hold any food down. I am not sure the peppers will stay fresh enough while i try to beat this illness so I will try this when i can get the fresh peppers in the future it may be next summer but this is something i want to do so i will try again.

C'mon man, there's no crying in Baseball! How about you dial 911 on your cell, then do the challenge? If anything goes wrong, all you'll have to do is push the send button!
Hope you feel better.

lmao, true but it wouldn't even count if i puked ever one up as i ate it, and can you imagen the comments about not being able to handle it from all the haters and na sayers.

Felling 100% better tonight so tomorrow afternoon i will attempt to beat Steve Smallwoods unofficial world record of eating 8 Bhut Jolokias in 1 minute (with a suprize record breaking that another reviewer set a while back) then later on i will go after his record of eating 8 Butch T's in 1 minute.

Back