• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

My attempt at beating the world record

That's right, I am going to attempt to beat Steve Smallwood's world record of eating the Ghost pepper and Trinidad Scorpion. below is the info on the 2 records he set.

I don't know if i can get it submitted to the Guinness book of world records but i am going to seen what it takes.

Steve "The Machine" Smallwood's Guinness World Record- Ghost Peppers
Ghost Pepper's
total chili's =8
grams= 48

Steve "The Machine" Smallwood's Guiness World Record- Trinidad Scorpion Peppers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErPCwYs85GY&feature=colike

Trinidad Scorpion (Butch T ???)
Total peppers=8
Grams=49

We here at The Ghost Pepper Store want to wish you good luck, Robert! I believe you have enough ammunition to pull off the record. I think we sent you 80-90 grams of each pepper. (They were some big peppers!) Hopefully they don't lose much water weight in shipping.

For those that want to see.... Here are the peppers in question. You are a brave man!

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

The only flaw in this is there is now way for anyone to know the heat of the pods he ate or yours. We could cross some pods and make them mild and you would eat 20 times. :) Good luck!

The only flaw in this is there is now way for anyone to know the heat of the pods he ate or yours. We could cross some pods and make them mild and you would eat 20 times. :) Good luck!

Agreed! It is impossible to know whether or not the pods are up to par. I sent him the 12 most gnarly, spikey bhuts I could find in hopes that no one would try to call me out for providing sub-par pods. I do give my word that the pods coming off my red bhuts right now are absolutely brutal. They all set right at the end of the heatwave/drought and they are hotter than they have ever been. Maybe we can get a trusted third party to review one of the pods I sent?

Agreed! It is impossible to know whether or not the pods are up to par. I sent him the 12 most gnarly, spikey bhuts I could find in hopes that no one would try to call me out for providing sub-par pods. I do give my word that the pods coming off my red bhuts right now are absolutely brutal. They all set right at the end of the heatwave/drought and they are hotter than they have ever been. Maybe we can get a trusted third party to review one of the pods I sent?
By no means am I stating yours are not hot but we know depending on circumstances and elements they can be on either end of the scale from same plant/same season.

Again, I totally agree, no one is more skeptical of my plants/pods than I am. I truly hope that none of them are duds. I haven't had any duds so far this year, last year, however, was a different story. I had lots of peppers that looked perfect on the outside, but were absolutely heat-less.

I am really just trying to help work out any kinks in the process to keep people from calling bullsh*t, if/when Robert pulls this off. If anyone has any ideas how to lessen the detractions, by all means, state your opinions so we can try to work through it.

I wish you luck and will say a few prayers. Thanks to The Ghost Pepper Store for supplying the peppers and to Mr. Slade for being brave enough and for having a hatred towards your colon. I kid, have fun, ...well, as much fun as one can have; )

Make sure you have a few sober witnesses present and a legal postal type scale to weigh the before and after. Good Luck! May the Mylanta be with you! It is also a good idea to have more than one video recording of the event in case something goes wrong.

Make sure you have a few sober witnesses present and a legal postal type scale to weigh the before and after. Good Luck! May the Mylanta be with you! It is also a good idea to have more than one video recording of the event in case something goes wrong.

That right there, is some great advise. Can't wait to see this. You got this Slade!!!

good luck, i cant wait to see it, i thought about it, i dont think the heat will be an issue, i think actually eating the amount of food period will be a sticking point, i believe most competitive eaters actually practice the gag factor, and are able to swallow more unchewed food, that equals more food in less time

my best advice would be watch food eater not pepper eaters, those guys wolf down hot dogs like a mastiff in single gulps, each pepper = 2 bites, and done

good luck, i cant wait to see it, i thought about it, i dont think the heat will be an issue, i think actually eating the amount of food period will be a sticking point, i believe most competitive eaters actually practice the gag factor, and are able to swallow more unchewed food, that equals more food in less time

my best advice would be watch food eater not pepper eaters, those guys wolf down hot dogs like a mastiff in single gulps, each pepper = 2 bites, and done

yup i agree. i am going to message Guinness and get the rules.

I'm in STL (well, st. charles area) if there's any doubt of the potency. I've been doing non-video reviews for a few other peppers. Already tried Butch T's straight from Butch. If anyone wants to doubt your potency I would happily verify for the greater good. I've actually been meaning to contact you business wise anyway, check your pms.

Good luck Robert! That will be one wicked test of straight manpower! Can't wait to see it and make sure to let us all know what happens 20 minutes after eating them, 2 hours and 2 days. Curious to see if this just guts you. Get'ter done!

The official rules state that
  1. you have to be seated
  2. the peppers must meet a minimum size ( not sure what the size is for these peppers)
  3. you must show that a pepper has been chewed and swallowed and your mouth is empty before eating the next one.

Back