• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting My First BIG Harvest

Well I got home from work tuesday and decided to look through the gardens and found it was time to pick some peppers again. I ended up picking nearly 3lbs of hotties. I took a couple CARDI's into work and cut them up for some people, alot agreed they were really hot, one guy thouugh was like "Thats not really hot" which pissed me off. He's trying to play "tough guy" so thursday I took in a Scorpion Red off one of my plants from AJ. LOL Kicked his butt good, he ate 1/4 of a pepper and immediately started sweating and looking for something to drink, AJ Scorpion-1 Tough Guy-0!!!

A few other people tried them and they said it was literally the hottest thing they have ever had and never want anything like that again. We have a woman at work thats super cool, she loves hot stuff so she agreed to try it. She made me proud, she chewed it up and swallowed it down, of course a few swear words and alot of sweating soon there after she was regretting it, but she showed up some of the guys.

Anyways, heres the harvest pics, froze almost all of them and deseeded a couple others for "future stock".
A nice pile of Caribbean Red Habs
IMG_0008-2.jpg

A pile of Super Datils
IMG_0004-3.jpg

Some CARDIs
IMG_0002-4.jpg

Chocolate Habaneros
IMG_0003-4.jpg

The only 2 tailed Scorpions I have gotten yet, 1 AJ Red and 1 CARDI
IMG_0007-1.jpg

Isnt the satisfaction of getting the "tough guy" great. Sometimes when I am harvesting, thats what is going through my mind. Im plotting which one of my buddies is going to be my next experimental victim. LOL Got one of my buddies with a scorp as well. Compliments of pepperlover. It got even better too. He wanted to rip a piece off by hand and then did not wash his hands as recomended and a few swear words came from the bathroom a few moments later. Scorpion-2 Tough guys-Still 0!!!!!

JSK, yeah its great when they realize they arent as tough as they try to act. When I was cutting them up I had one of those rubber disposable gloves on the hand that was holding the pepper, everyone seemed to think I was just being wierd, but they soon found out it was a good thing to wear.

Super Datils are some heathen upstart hybrid that the creator thought they were making a better Datil pepper. It ain't. Too much good heirloom Datil seed has been lost over the recent years. Super Datils do not grow as well, produce as well or taste as well. The initial grower could have called it a Volkswagon, 'cept he'd be sued out of existance.

They do remind me of a Fatalii, though.

Super Datils are some heathen upstart hybrid that the creator thought they were making a better Datil pepper. It ain't. Too much good heirloom Datil seed has been lost over the recent years. Super Datils do not grow as well, produce as well or taste as well. The initial grower could have called it a Volkswagon, 'cept he'd be sued out of existance.

That was a nasty right cross! Datil peppers are a true treasure and should be in every pepper gardeners collection. I got some seeds 10+ years ago and I've been cloning off the original ever since. I've probably given away 300 plants off that original batch of seed. I'm doing my part.

Back