food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

iPhone picture but I'll dump all the real photos at some point somewhere! 

15624282_222529098192303_6462711021994770432_n.jpg

I want to try this. But would have to be no heat.

Saute red onion, jalapeños add the spice mixture add mushrooms add coconut milk. Is that it?

Wash and cut mushrooms and place in a bowl, TBSP of SALT, Tumeric and Garam Masala on the mushrooms and mix well and sit aside for at least 15 mins

Diced whole shallot into med-hot pan with 4 TBSP of oil, peanut is what I used, once browned  - remove from heat and add pepper powder and fresh ground coriander seeds, stir

back on heat  add diced Jals, stir, few mins

Add mushrooms and the juice that they released, stir 5 mins

Add just the clear juice from coconut 14oz can

Cook mixture for 10 mins

Add the fatty coconut (white stuff) to pan and stir in, remove from heat and squeeze a lime in and serve

tctenten said:
Nice. Congrats. Going to try the mushroom curry tonight. Going to add some chicken too.

Tom Kha Gai is a great soup... should be good as is similar.

tctenten said:
Nice. Congrats. Going to try the mushroom curry tonight. Going to add some chicken too.
Will be awesome, I'd do the same treatment for the chicken as mushrooms. It will really bring out the flavor. 

Funny story about the deer..

I had come down from my stand for the morning and was getting a portable tree hanger we use to clean deer on far end of the property. Of course I carried my shotgun, had not used it in 3 previous seasons. I only use muzzleloader once gun season comes in. As I am watching down an old fire road, I see a deer bounce out of the cut over on another property and start running towards me flanking a fence.

Based on all my years hunting the area I knew exactly where the deer would end up. I made my way down this path and waited about 5 minutes and sure enough the deer came as expected. One shot then time to drag 1000 yards hahahah, of course I had the remote hanger but I left all my cleaning tools back at car since I was cleaning up and planned to leave.It made not hunting the afternoon an easy choice as did the fact the storm turned into a blizzard. 

Back