food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

All done and gone. :)

997033_964483163585410_6891336008231145909_n.jpg

10982427_10203477216235442_3763607295836875548_n.jpg

Damn you Chris.

You have access and post such killer seafood.

And because of that YOU have made me a huge hypocrite.

I LIKE and compliment your pics and posts.

But from afar and away from the interwebz I curse you because 

I've got none of that sheeit.

Bastige!

texas blues said:
Damn you Chris.

You have access and post such killer seafood.

And because of that YOU have made me a huge hypocrite.

I LIKE and compliment your pics and posts.

But from afar and away from the interwebz I curse you because 

I've got none of that sheeit.

Bastige!
I luber you TB, one day we shall share the love!

I understand tamale's are relatively challenging and having seen them often, they looked like good one's, but I don't like to eat them them ...

But I didn't vote for most of the fried stuff, I voted for the crab cakes ...

I've actually made quite a number of crab cakes, even thought I don't like them and didn't eat any of them - and I know that's how you do them ... and well, those were pretty! ...

My old boss where I worked was ex-navy and insane about the rigor that food always come out the same, that it was the only way to truly meet customer's expectations and have repeat business ...

Man, it was such a bitch to meet said spec on the damn crab cakes ...

He was unyieldingly PITA about poached eggs, the nicoise salad, hollandaise sauce, and crab cakes ...

grantmichaels said:
My old boss where I worked was ex-navy and insane about the rigor that food always come out the same, that it was the only way to truly meet customer's expectations and have repeat business ...

Man, it was such a bitch to meet said spec on the damn crab cakes ...

He was unyieldingly PITA about poached eggs, the nicoise salad, hollandaise sauce, and crab cakes ...

Pisses me off when I get my poached or over easy eggs hard or medium.

Food coming out the same is as important as your boss said it was. Some bad examples are, this Mexican place I love, they have great stuff, but one week they will put chipotle mayo on the tacos, and other weeks not. One week they will put sour cream on the chilaquiles, other weeks not. It's not on the menu like that, they just have cooks that do their own thing. So when you request it not have it, you look difficult. Especially since it's not on the menu. You just know it's going to come with it even if the server says it doesn't. It makes for real stressful ordering! And you don't want to have to tell them to cook the eggs right. You can't say that! And it really sucks when they don't come right.

We have this pizza place that makes a decent pie but I have to say well done or it comes soggy. And some places I have to order my omelets cooked soft so there is no browning. Some chefs do it right, other times it's a mess, so it's a real pain when you have to give special requests. It makes the customer look difficult but it is the restaurant that is lacking. 

The Hot Pepper said:

Pisses me off when I get my poached or over easy eggs hard or medium.

Food coming out the same is as important as your boss said it was. Some bad examples are, this Mexican place I love, they have great stuff, but one week they will put chipotle mayo on the tacos, and other weeks not. One week they will put sour cream on the chilaquiles, other weeks not. It's not on the menu like that, they just have cooks that do their own thing. So when you request it not have it, you look difficult. Especially since it's not on the menu. You just know it's going to come with it even if the server says it doesn't. It makes for real stressful ordering! And you don't want to have to tell them to cook the eggs right. You can't say that! And it really sucks when they don't come right.

We have this pizza place that makes a decent pie but I have to say well done or it comes soggy. And some places I have to order my omelets cooked soft so there is no browning. Some chefs do it right, other times it's a mess, so it's a real pain when you have to give special requests. It makes the customer look difficult but it is the restaurant that is lacking. 

I hear ya'..

As a former chef/cook I never struggled with special requests. 

Sure, some could be outrageous and just plain stupid, but I always tried to accommodate them.

It was just good business.

Most good joints do it right and don't have guests demanding special sheeit.

Then again, there's always THAT GUY.

That's cool too.

I'd do whatever you want as long as I have it and the capability to do so.

And as far as the Mexican joints go....

If you are able to speak Spanish/Mexican when giving your order, they'll go the extry mile to take care of you.

True story.

And on a further note...

Learn to say please and thank you in multiple languages such as Spanish, Italian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese

Greek, German, Vietnamese, French, et.al. will only get you better service and preferential treatment.

Why?

Because you took the time to learn a couple words that matter.

I try not to special request much I just hate when they deviate from their own menu, and you go there so much, you know it's going to happen, and you have to point it out. Cooks being creative or lazy, happens a lot. Yeah, it sucks, especially at the places you really like.

The Hot Pepper said:
I try not to special request much I just hate when they deviate from their own menu, and you go there so much, you know it's going to happen, and you have to point it out. Cooks being creative or lazy, happens a lot. Yeah, it sucks, especially at the places you really like.

Why would you go there then?

When you know that you're not going to get what you want?

Granted, I don't eat out much at all these days, but if I did...

For any joint that I was to go to, if you have to say you're sorry, its already too late.

Moreover, I won't lodge a complaint.

I just won't come back.

Then again where you live you don't have that choice to do so.

Some folks don't have that option.

TB, it's places I like, like a killer fish taco and michelada joint. You'd go back too! They have some quirks but I know the quirks so I just ask for them not to put it on my food (even though it's not supposed to be on there lol). Depending on the chef, it might be on there, so I am just clear up front. As stated, can make customer look difficult but the waitress is cool now and knows the deal. :)

The Hot Pepper said:
TB, it's places I like, like a killer fish taco and michelada joint. You'd go back too! They have some quirks but I know the quirks so I just ask for them not to put it on my food (even though it's not supposed to be on there lol). Depending on the chef, it might be on there, so I am just clear up front. As stated, can make customer look difficult but the waitress is cool now and knows the deal. :)

mrs. blues always rolls her eyes when the waitress flirts with me.

"Geez Louse, take him please, he ain't all that!"

But then we end up getting whatever we want.

Back