food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

A vacuum sealer will pay for itself in one year. I harvest 4 venison last year and taking it out of the freezer it is as bright red as the day I harvested it. If you look back a few pages on some of the loins I cooked they were from either 2013 or early season 2014. 

I have pulled pork in the freezer vacuum sealed and all you do is take it out put it in a pot of water and heat over medium heat until warm, it smells and tastes like it just was pulled. It reheats in its own juices. I cannot say enough about using a vacuum sealer. 

I figured that.  I just can't get into stuck buying rolls of bags...that go up in price or become hard to find.  I'm not tryig to be a smart ass...tell me the scoop on how you deal with mass quantities..a reliable source.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have pulled pork in the freezer vacuum sealed and all you do is take it out put it in a pot of water and heat over medium heat until warm, it smells and tastes like it just was pulled. It reheats in its own juices. I cannot say enough about using a vacuum sealer. 

Just says you fucting sous vide it ... because you sous vide it.
Rairdog said:
I figured that.  I just can't get into stuck buying rolls of bags...that go up in price or become hard to find.  I'm not tryig to be a smart ass...tell me the scoop on how you deal with mass quantities..a reliable source.

this is no longer true ...

you may have to do a little Googling or site-search over at eGullet, but there was a post I saw a month or two ago where they had the price down to like 1.5c/bag, ordering 500 count. I think ...

grantmichaels said:

Just says you fucting sous vide it ... because you sous vide it.

this is no longer true ...

you may have to do a little Googling or site-search over at eGullet, but there was a post I saw a month or two ago where they had the price down to like 1.5c/bag, ordering 500 count. I think ...
It was already cooked so all I can claim is re-heated :)

As for bags, the are at all big box stores and Amazon, Costco and the list goes on...

The straw technique reminds me too much of this...

http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-8-11-Rolls-Multi-Pack/dp/B0028JURDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438879966&sr=8-2&keywords=food+saver+rolls&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

Pork belly rubbed and brine applied, off to fridge to get nice and dry before getting cooked tomorrow. Gluttony at its best!

11855754_1053754894658236_2565467484463458825_n.jpg

11695898_1053758747991184_3069040818243114892_n.jpg

tctenten said:
Nice bushel of blue claws. Did you catch em or buy em? I have not been crabbing in about 5 years. They are a pain in the ass to eat. how did you cook them?
Wife bought them for belated b-day, I cooked them but I am also an expert picker. I grew up picking and can get a pound of pure meat into a bowl pretty fast. :) I'll use the leftovers and pick them to make crab cakes. 

I steam them with JO crab spice and beer

I've had dozens of soft shell crab but cannot remember if I ever ate boiled crab ??? Might have to give it a go this weekend, going camping and blue crab and snapper blues are runnin' 

LUCKYDOG said:
I've had dozens of soft shell crab but cannot remember if I ever ate boiled crab ??? Might have to give it a go this weekend, going camping and blue crab and snapper blues are runnin' 
They are steamed and not boiled. Boiled blue crab is not for me, I like the airy quality about the meat when steamed and not the soggy aspect when boiled. Hardshell crabs are awesome when steamed perfect if you know how to pick them properly. 

Back