• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Thai Habaneros

I'm roughly at the 14 day mark waiting on my seedling, first time I've had none come up before 10 days. Last year I planted later and had fantastic luck. This year maybe I did not water enough? So may have to try again. Just got some of last years plants back so hoping to get them back in shape and a good harvest off of them soon. Had a problem as well last year with Habs droping flowers but some did pod. Also not as hot as ones I've had in Canada. But did not get enough to have a good try. Got a 1 year old Orange hab I cut it down for the trip to my other place hoping it will have a great come back in rainy season.

As for seeds when I get some will tell you. The Orange Hab I got back is flowering and maybe one or two pods. Have to get it back to my first house and in shape again.

Coir pucks are the only way I'll germinate now because I've had 95% success with them. Good luck with the orange; they're my favorite.

I tried the coir pucks this year as well as the Jiffy ones and personally I don't care for the coir. The results in those pucks were not good. Guess it's a matter of personal preference.

perhaps it could be where they are being sourced....if the coir is not procesed properly than it can contain large amounts of salt!!!!

^ Yes and tannin as well; I just found that out. I got my coir pucks through a friend in England. He got them from South Devon Chili Farm. I'm making my own coir now. You can buy massive bags for $1 USD (35 baht) that are used for orchid potting. I soak it in 5 gal buckets for over a month with weekly washings. Works out really well.

Back