• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Nachos!

Tried my hand at doing Mexican for the first time ever and ended up with this.... 

The foundation and some homemade guacamole. I got NFI what guacamole is supposed to taste like, never done it before....it ended up tasting flat, like it was missing something.I noticed some recipes include Tabasco. So I added a good dash of Tabasco and a fair whack of lime juice and it perked it up nicely. 
nacho1_zps1d040b91.jpg

Beef, Kidney Beans, chopped onion, crushed tomatoes and a decent helping of Cumin, Coriander, Cayenne pepper and Chilli flakes simmering away
nacho2_zps25a8044b.jpg

splooge
nacho3_zps6ec5d753.jpg

uber splooge
nacho4_zpscd023cfd.jpg

This is how far  I got before throwing in the towel
nacho5_zps307da01c.jpg

That's my dinner for the rest of the month taken care of!   :D 

As we all know, Mexican food kicks ass, and thus this can be the official nacho thread. Show us your wizardry! 

Steak meat.

Say it out loud and proud.

Makes me giggle like a school girl.

Now I'm craving steak meat.

Can't seem to find any though.

Googled the animal steak.

Only got the finger.

Steak meat... lol... remember when Jay made chicken fried chicken? :lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
Steak meat... lol... remember when Jay made chicken fried chicken? :lol:

I dunno' who started that dern description but I hate to say it.

Lot of joints in Texas and around the south have it listed on menu's like that.

Chicken Fried Chicken.

I guess because some folks don't know what fried chicken is.

I'm hungry and need a snack.

Maybe cheese refridgerated cheese on a cracker baked cracker.

i started to post in the taco thread but my shells broke so i guess the pic would belong here. or do i need to start a taco salad thread :rofl:

Is that queso cheese on that steak meat? :lol:

Nice CH.

I got some too.

Wanted nacho's.

Crap.

mrs. blues ate my stash of blue corn tortilla chips.

I adapted. Improvised. Overcame.

Frito's work guud!

Frito's, shredded cheddar, green onion, fresh jalopy wheels, yellow onion, picante sauce, sour cream and some leftover of unknown origin mixed chile powder. I know it has some t-scorp and possibly 3 other dried powders. 

Lit me up like a pinball machine on 220v.

Have mercy!

I dedicate this thumb ring selfie to the Bunny Commander Amish Hipster Overlord from PA.

Salute'!

Penny said:
Those nacho's look pretty tasty Texas. ;) ....ok now I want some nachos!! :dance:

I don't no anyone who doesn't love nacho's.

Just good food.

Next week I aim to make nacho's just like Ignacio Anaya made 'em.

Simple. 

Goodern' hell.

And chingon!

Joyner is truly a master at all he makes!
Btw TB, your nachos looks excellent! I want that jalapeno rounds!

I'm not used to nachos but i must say i love them (btw, i repeat myself, grilled polenta remains are like grilles nachos dressed meat fat, too bad that it's a collateral thing and you have that in small quantities).

Essegi said:
Joyner is truly a master at all he makes!
Btw TB, your nachos looks excellent! I want that jalapeno rounds!

I'm not used to nachos but i must say i love them (btw, i repeat myself, grilled polenta remains are like grilles nachos dressed meat fat, too bad that it's a collateral thing and you have that in small quantities).

Well then I reckon you need to make and post some Italian style nacho's using polenta.

I ain't a fan of polenta but cover it with cheese nacho style and other goodness and I just might want to eat it.

Back