• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

New cell phone...

I'm going to be getting a new phone soon and was curious if all the hype surrounding the Droid is worth it. I really like the features that it has and was wondering if any of you have this phone and what your thoughts are.

Nobody has a Droid here? I was kind of hoping for someone to step up and share their experience with this phone since I'll probably be getting one tomorrow....

If its the Moto droid do not even hesitate to get it, its amazing. If its the Droid Eris, the HTC one, it still needs some work.

By driod you mean android???? Andriod ain't a phone it the software platform, nokia use the symbian platform both of with are open source so you get loads of people writing apps for both platforms,
From what I've seem of andriod it's pretty good only prob I find is that I don't get on with any of the handsets it's used on!

I took the plunge today and upgraded my Blackberry to a Motorola Droid and even after a limited amount of time playing with it, I must say this phone ROCKS! It is everything that the techie reviews have said about it and I'm very happy.

I have the Droid and I have to say that I REALLY like it! It has super fast downloads and I even used it for my car navigation tool the ther day. Just entered the destination and it calculated the route from where I was at with the internal GPS and then spouted off directions just like the Garmin! It's pretty SWEET if you ask me. As a matter of fact they are on sale this month for $199 after the mail in rebate unless you order it online and get the instant rebate. I don't think you'll be sorry about the purchase PF.

Maligator said:
I have the Droid and I have to say that I REALLY like it! It has super fast downloads and I even used it for my car navigation tool the ther day. Just entered the destination and it calculated the route from where I was at with the internal GPS and then spouted off directions just like the Garmin! It's pretty SWEET if you ask me. As a matter of fact they are on sale this month for $199 after the mail in rebate unless you order it online and get the instant rebate. I don't think you'll be sorry about the purchase PF.

Yep! This phone rocks!!! I have used the navigator and it is just like the Garmin. I also installed a free Compass App and it is like having a handheld GPS device and even tells you your speed. This phone is just incredible, I am so glad that I got it and am really enjoying playing with it, learning all of the ins and outs.

Check out the app : Gesture search...its really neat. It allows you to draw a letter or letters and it will show you all phone numbers, followed by apps that begin with that letter you drew! I also have the compass, bubble level, star navigation chart and a few others. My friend has over 100 original nintendo games on his. This phone blows away the others IMHO.

Maligator said:
Check out the app : Gesture search...its really neat. It allows you to draw a letter or letters and it will show you all phone numbers, followed by apps that begin with that letter you drew! I also have the compass, bubble level, star navigation chart and a few others. My friend has over 100 original nintendo games on his. This phone blows away the others IMHO.

You are right! This phone is awesome, out of this world and very, very impressive. So far I have the compass, which even displays your speed of travel. How cool is that? I also have a Zuma type game that helps pass the time in doctors offices :lol: I haven't checked out the level yet, is it accurate?
Btw, I'm posting from my phone atm and it is great! Its like a mini computer.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee................

I just figured out how to put full length movies on my phone. :onfire: Now I can watch movies anywhere I go. I also discovered how easy it is to put full length CD's on it, it's as easy as an ipod. :lol: I now also have 12 full CD's and can even plug the phone into my car's stereo to listen to it. Hot Damn!!!

I have both a Sony Ericsson w580i and a c905a. Both are awesome! The w580i has a Walkman integrated and a 2.1 MP camera, while the c905a has an 8.1 MP Cybershot camera AND music/video capabilities. The best part is that I got them both from eBay brand new....and for under 80 bucks a piece!

Do the droids sync with outlook and allow multiple pop3 accounts? I still have my old 2003 blueberry and it would be nice to get a new phone, but because it's a "work" phone it needs to sync with Outlook AND at least 5 other pop3 accounts.

Stormin said:
I plan on getting the HTC EVO phone when it comes out this summer.

Ditto. That thing is looking mighty beasty.

Pepperfreak, you shoulda waited till the Droid Incredible came out, just saying.

Back