New Forum

I'm still getting used to the color scheme. It's growing on me though. One thing I am VERY happy about is the removal of that stupid "Top" button and back to the good ol' "Go" button. There are so many times where I reach the end of a thread and want to go back to the forum I was reading. The Go button ensured that any new posts were displayed rather than hitting the back button or having to go to the top and click on the forum you were just surfing. I'm also REALLY happy about the fact that the scroll list of forums stays on the one you are instead of reverting back to the top. I like to jump around from Cooking with Fire! to Hot Talk, Hot Pepper Talk, and then to Growing Hot Peppers. It's so much easier with the way it's set up before the last change, and now with the newest change.

I am having a few issues with pages taking forever to load, but I'm not sure if it's on my end or if it's with the site. All in all, outside of the fact that THP is COMPLETELY color blind, good job on implementing the new forum THP ;) :lol:

I don't get the color blind comment. I like them. They are pulled from the logo. Good to me. To each their own I guess.

I'm just kidding there THP. It was just a bit of a shock. I went away and then I get back and BAM! Kicked it up a notch! :)

Oh!

Well it was the second comment (wordwiz) so you had me concerned but I did fix something that was off at first that I believe addressed his comment.

It may be a shock but these colors actually go better than the last. If you look at the header logo they are all pulled from there.

Glad you like the functionality improvements.

I haven't had the chance to check everything out yet, but what I have, so far, seems to work just fine. I'm still finding myself searching for some commands as they have moved around a bit.....but I managed to learn how to read and will certainly find them eventually! ;)

We appreciate all the hard work.

I like the colors. Getting used to the format. Pretty easy for this techno-challanged person. Like the smiley choices.

Awesome job. :dance:

Sorry to disagree, Blister, but I miss the TOP button. I used it a LOT and would either go back to the forum I was reading or the Latest Posts. Now I have to look all the way at the bottom for the little text link that says "back to top". I would like to see a "TOP" button added at the bottom of the latest posts. I'm looking at the page right now and I see ADD REPLY and START NEW TOPIC. A TOP button would be awesome, but not earth-shattering if it doesn't happen. I understand the format has to serve the majority of people and different features are important to different people.

I know everyone surfs differently...

Besides, just because the button is there doesn't mean you have to click on it!!!

Well I've been MIA for quite a bit due to something nearly killing all my plants, dunno what but they seem to have recovered. Logged on today and holy crap what happened, after a little bit of looking round it seems smoother main thing I like is the mobile site as most of my web surfing is done on my phone this addition makes it much faster and easier, only things that could be added are post counts, locations and who's admin and the likes. Not a major issue and no hassle if they can't be added as it's just the shock of total change!!!!
But defo love the speed and ease of the mobile version

I agree with Dave. I couldn't even use my phone before because it would take 20 minutes for it all to upload. Now it's lightning quick and readable.

I noticed a "promote to article" next to the report option of every post. Where are the articles and does anyone have access to promote post to articles or is that a feature that will never be enabled?

A problem regarding posting.

I found that if I press post button twice in succession, the posting gets posted twice.

This was not happening before.

NJA

:lol: Um yeah that's why you press it once.

I noticed a "promote to article" next to the report option of every post. Where are the articles and does anyone have access to promote post to articles or is that a feature that will never be enabled?

Ok 30 minutes after I posted I don't see the "promote to article" option anymore? Should I just assume by the lack of response that it was never suppose to be available or at least not yet? I was just wondering because I thought there was going to be a nice "articles" section of the best post that I was interested in contributing to and reading through. Does that section exist yet? Curious minds want to know.

A few people mentioned seeing read content when viewing new content. The cool thing is this is a user setting. Please see:

Your Options > General Settings > Search Settings > View New Content Method:

Show me all content since my last visit
or
Show me all content that I have not read

Ok 30 minutes after I posted I don't see the "promote to article" option anymore? Should I just assume by the lack of response that it was never suppose to be available or at least not yet? I was just wondering because I thought there was going to be a nice "articles" section of the best post that I was interested in contributing to and reading through. Does that section exist yet? Curious minds want to know.

Ok the text has been added back, but it now reads "Blog This"??? Wow this is some weird software as it just changes randomly..

Back