• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair Again

Baby plants again!  Down on the floor again next to my chair in my little library.  Here's how it looks right now.  I've got seeds in the germinator moving to cups every day now, will end up with another dozen or so seedlings under the light.   

20200222-085909.jpg

I'm scaling back from the 20+ plants I had last year to seven or eight plants, some in Kratky containers of various sizes, others in fabric pots with dirt.  The list: 

10G D - Sugar Rush Peach - WDC
10G D - P. Dreadie - CD
5G D - JPGS - WHP
5G D - 1208 Red - UE
5G K - 1208 Red - UE
5G K - 7 Pot Jonah - WHP
32G K - Haskorea - PtMD989
1G K - Rocoto Arequipa Giant Red - CD
Bonchi start - 7 Pot Yellow - BB

Kratky will be Botanicare CNS17 Grow and bottled spring water at first, tap water later.  Dirt will be a mix of pine bark fines, potting soil, and perlite with fish pellets.  Dirt will occasionally be watered with Kratky solution. 

I'll be growing out on the deck again on the north side of my house.  I'd love to have a wide open space with southern exposure, but this will have to do. It works. I've got a decent means of hanging shade cloth ready to go. I'm good. 
Thinking about sticking a plant in the ground over where the ill-fated Siv's Plant once made a valiant effort to survive a completely unfair transplant, too..  Will see.

Any and all comments or criticisms are very welcome and I thank you all most warmly for having me and schooling me and reading my noodlings!

Outside:

It's been overcast here for a week, but things are generally humming along. 

Haskorea's growing really well, but is dropping some flowers.  Slugs have been visiting the 5-gallon Kratky plants at night, all is well otherwise.  JPGS in the gallon jar is doing very well, five buds at the first fork. 

All four Musketeers (dirt plants) are getting on.  Athos (project plant) has been growing really gnarly; I sprayed some aphids off him last week, watching for more on all plants.  D'Artagnan (P. Dreddie) is a little behind, but doing well.  Porthos (SRP) is growing, forking, and budding like a glutton.  Nothing much to say about Aramis (JPGS), but he's going places.

Inside:

Naga Smooky Rainbows are pretty.  I need to get rid of the one still in a cup.  Would hate to destroy it, but I'm not sure what else to do with it.

I've got two SB7Js in dirt cups under the HLG with the NSRs.  Started them late, but they're growing well enough.  I only intend to keep one inside.  Dunno what I'll do with the other.

I've also got another SB7J in a dirt cup under a 30W Sansi as an experiment to see how it will do with nothing but the little light.  I'm losing my resolve to keep this going.  I just can't stop thinking of how much better it would do outside or under the HLG (despite having a couple under it already).  I suspect I don't actually care about the Sansi and was just looking for an excuse for another plant..

buff-duck.jpg

Haskorea
20200530-140731.jpg

20200530-140816.jpg

Haskorea's only growing pod so far
20200530-140922.jpg

JPGS hydro
20200530-140954.jpg

Musketeers
20200530-134615.jpg

JPGS dirt and P. Dreddie
20200530-141147.jpg

SRP
20200530-141101.jpg

A first for me
20200530-134629.jpg

7 Pot bonchi 
20200530-141421.jpg

Naga Smooky Rainbow, SB7J
20200530-141534.jpg

Sorry for the terse captions. Lazy today. 

Tybo said:
Never seen that on a plant that size.  I have seen seedlings do that after being under the T5HO's all day.  Kinda like they're tired of the light.

I also thought it might be a light thing, so I moved it up about three inches a couple days ago. I took this picture shortly after turning on the light this morning, though. 

Took this pic at 830pm tonight as all four Chilli Rayado seedlings are displaying the behavior I mentioned above about seedlings.  The lights have been on since 7am.    
Just wanted to post this since it's a perfect example of what I mentioned.  They must be getting tired. :shh:  In the morning they will look just fine. 

IMG_2360.jpeg

Uncle_Eccoli said:

Thanks, Siv!

Scratched myself a few times before I wised up!

My arm has just about healed from my misadventure earlier this week. Your solution is far more elegant and efficient than the plan I had which was to employ may daughter for picking duty (her hands are small enough to fit the 2x3 holes!

Back