• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

No Pictures From Me For A While!

My daughter's elbow accidently smashed into the LCD of my Canon PowerShot 450!!! Major bummer... Anyone here know if it can be fixed? Or is it easier and cheaper to just buy a new one?
30992_1423172510449_1566823603_3102.jpg

It looks pretty cool though....... Maybe she opened a time continuum portal.....

Does the LCD effect the actual picture taking???????? can't you still just look through the viewfinder.....you know...that little window that all cameras have ......... instead of relying on the LCD?

It should still take a picture just fine, you'll just have to edit and delete pics on the 'puter.

I set up an intricate system of mirrors and lights then took the picture by just using that little 1/16" pinhole viewer on top. Then I popped the card in the printer, printed the picture on expensive glossy photo paper, scanned the picture and saved it to my desktop. Then I sent it to iPhoto to edit and then to Photobucket then I downsized it and placed it in THP. Pretty simple procedure. No, I just took it with my phone and sent it to Photobucket.

Yes, the view finder works but it's too tiny and most our pix we do are on the macro setting so we need the LCD.

And YES!!!! She has a really good elbow smash! When she turns 11 in July I'm throwing her into a mosh pit.

oh, goody. your daughter has started the puberty klutz phase right on time. Hide everything made of glass- she'll break it-I did. we went through 20 years of glassware so fast.... Pad the doorknobs, those are painful on bony hips.

Back